1.5T exhaust on a 2.0L

afp25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was wondering if you could put a 1.5T aftermarket exhaust system on a 2.0L. Reason being for the lack of selection of exhaust for the N/A models. Would you run to any issues ?
Sponsored

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
i am the process now of installing a si rear bumper on a lx sedan and looked into exhaust options since the new bumper is designed for center exit muffler. The mounting locations are totally different between the 2.0 and 1.5 as well as the floor pan of the trunk although i cannot confirm, the si definatley looks like different rear trunk floor pan, not sure if other 1.5 trims are different. i suppose if you threw enough money at it they could weld up new attachment points, but wasmt looking for a hack job either if i ever sell or turn in the car. I ended up just doing a muffler delete since it is the stealthiest option and dont want to deal with cops, and can easily switch back to stock when i trade her in. my main concern was the 2.0 muffler making contact with the new si bumper and with the delete there is no worry, was also impressed with how nice it actually sounds, deep and quiet with no raspiness. not for everyone i realize but for my situation seemed like the best option

Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T exhaust on a 2.0L 11B4D7F1-F428-4EB2-8292-3A290E5EC920

Last edited:

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Install this part and you’ll be able to use 1.5t aftermarket exhaust systems. It will need to be welded though.

http://hondapartsnetwork.com/part/9...-A10ZZ-Left-Rear-Muffler-Mounting-Bracket-Set

This is the route I was going to take until I got an Invidia N1 for $389 shipped. I figured buying the mufflers of my choice and cutting/welding up the Invidia would be the cheapest route, and for me it was.
Sponsored