@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Country flag
1. Can I use paddle shifters still and will it still shift correctly (like not jump down a gear or up a gear when it’s not supposed too)

2. How good are the base tunes (I have a Ram Air from Injen and a Cat Back exhaust)

3. overall thoughts on KTuner and tuning my CVT

thanks!
Sponsored

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
1. Yes, the tunes dont affect the transmission
2. Talking about the K-Tuner base tunes or one of the other OTS tunes? Either way thay all seem to be pretty good, but an OTS tune seem to be better.
3. Seems the consensus is do it. Im going to as soon as I pay off the down payment I put down and the PPF I had just installed.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

Smellycat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
Since TQ is limited on ktuner flex fuel base maps, with HP being raised, these would be just as safe as 87-91 octane tunes yeh?

OP
OP
@that_1redcivic

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Since TQ is limited on ktuner flex fuel base maps, with HP being raised, these would be just as safe as 87-91 octane tunes yeh?
yes someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I think I read that on most tunes for the CVT have limited torque so it doesn’t cause long term issues I believe the Pherable tune is this way

OP
OP
@that_1redcivic

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1. Yes, the tunes dont affect the transmission
2. Talking about the K-Tuner base tunes or one of the other OTS tunes? Either way thay all seem to be pretty good, but an OTS tune seem to be better.
3. Seems the consensus is do it. Im going to as soon as I pay off the down payment I put down and the PPF I had just installed.
K-Tuner base MAPS

OP
OP
@that_1redcivic

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also I think it’s important for me to ask which tune to flash. I really REALLY don’t want to blow up my engine lol. I was thinking stage 2 at most with like 18psi. My main concern is that I have that intake and exhaust which probably has bumped me up to 210hp rn. What’s a safe HP / PSI number?

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seems your questions have been answered, but I want to reiterate that tuning is safe and you should totally do it. The noticeable change in how the car pulls and simply feels under the accelerator is incredible. Stock tune is insanely conservative, you'll never go back once you tune. If you haven't already, purchase your Ktuner through Phearable.com and make sure to get their free Phearable Stage 1.5 tune for free with purchase of Ktuner, it is one of the most popular OTS tunes you can "buy", and it even makes Ktuner basemaps pale in comparison.

Phearable 1.5 is perfectly safe, even in map 3. You simply need to change your engine oil and CVT fluid at specified intervals, don't brakeboost, hard launch, or attempt burnouts, and you should be fine. Check out the Tuning and Reliability forum if you haven't already, you'll see how safe tuning can be.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yes someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I think I read that on most tunes for the CVT have limited torque so it doesn’t cause long term issues I believe the Pherable tune is this way
"limited" isn't an accurate term to use here. There is no active limiter to prevent a torque level. Basically, a non-CVT Tune is detuned to achieve less torque.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Overall, the OTS CVT tunes don't have a whole lot less peak torque than their manual counterparts. What the pro tuners do is set things up so there's a bit less torque below 4000 rpm to protect the transmission.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also I think it’s important for me to ask which tune to flash. I really REALLY don’t want to blow up my engine lol. I was thinking stage 2 at most with like 18psi. My main concern is that I have that intake and exhaust which probably has bumped me up to 210hp rn. What’s a safe HP / PSI number?
Go with an OTS or basemap tune. It is unlikely you need anything custom. Catback and intake aren't doing much.
Sponsored