1.5T CVT 0-60times

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Earlier in my experiments I took videos of the speedometer & it updates the reading every 0.16 seconds.
Then in that case the ECU based mode should be reasonably accurate, it's those half second refreshes that are the bigger issues, getting it to within .2 seconds should get things far more accurate.
Sponsored

Tobus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic RS
Country flag
I've been timing runs using K-Tuner's on-board logging over the last 6 months... I convert to CSV then take into Excel and graph the VSS vs time. It gives a snapshot roughly every 0.03 seconds.

With a stock car and K-Tuner I've found it impossible to improve the 0-100kph time much over factory - any boost over factory (and sometimes at factory if it's a cold day) just skids the tires at about 4000RPM (~50-60kph) negating any gains from the higher boost. I've tried BBG with 21, 19, 17 and 19w/ramp but can't consistently break the 7s barrier, which is about what I get with factory.

Here's an example - the blue is factory ECO, the red is KTuner's 21psi tune with 1st gear limited to 19psi - you can see it loses traction mid-way through the boost which cancels out the gain (note chart is in km/h). I'm not a track driver, just fanging off at the lights, so this is with ABS on.

Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T CVT 0-60times VSS

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Then in that case the ECU based mode should be reasonably accurate, it's those half second refreshes that are the bigger issues, getting it to within .2 seconds should get things far more accurate.
I actually turned off the GPS in the phone but think you can also disable that function in TP. Of course TP pops up a message wanting you to turn on GPS because it's used for some functions, but I proceeded to keep it off because it's not needed for speed.

My other car with the data logger does not have GPS so I figured that was a fair comparison to TP not using a GPS. IOW both systems are using speed sensor data & the 0-60 results matched up pretty good.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've been timing runs using K-Tuner's on-board logging over the last 6 months... I convert to CSV then take into Excel and graph the VSS vs time. It gives a snapshot roughly every 0.03 seconds.

With a stock car and K-Tuner I've found it impossible to improve the 0-100kph time much over factory - any boost over factory (and sometimes at factory if it's a cold day) just skids the tires at about 4000RPM (~50-60kph) negating any gains from the higher boost. I've tried BBG with 21, 19, 17 and 19w/ramp but can't consistently break the 7s barrier, which is about what I get with factory.

Here's an example - the blue is factory ECO, the red is KTuner's 21psi tune with 1st gear limited to 19psi - you can see it loses traction mid-way through the boost which cancels out the gain (note chart is in km/h). I'm not a track driver, just fanging off at the lights, so this is with ABS on.

VSS.png
A couple of things. Your BBG is set way too high for the stock tires. Beyond that, I'd recommend enabling Advanced VSA and using the medium or aggressive setting. That should get you the good traction you're looking for... and better times.

Tobus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic RS
Country flag
A couple of things. Your BBG is set way too high for the stock tires. Beyond that, I'd recommend enabling Advanced VSA and using the medium or aggressive setting. That should get you the good traction you're looking for... and better times.
Thanks.. but I don't seem to have an "Advanced VSA" option on my Ktuner, should be under Quick Enables yeah? It's possibly not available for my ECU (5AG-Q61). I'll try dropping the BBG some more, but I guess upgrading the tyres would be the best option?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks.. but I don't seem to have an "Advanced VSA" option on my Ktuner, should be under Quick Enables yeah? It's possibly not available for my ECU (5AG-Q61). I'll try dropping the BBG some more, but I guess upgrading the tyres would be the best option?
Contact KTuner to see if they can work on getting you full ECU support. Yes, grippier tires will help hugely.

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
I pitty the fools who buy your used civics when your done with them.........

Davesxx01

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 CR-V
Country flag
This is my time via Dragy performance meter. Oh, I’m driving a ‘19 CR-V with KTuner 21 map.

Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T CVT 0-60times 9BE1F887-5EFA-44C6-9630-4F2C48918F4B

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's pretty fast, I wonder why it's so much faster than most 1.5T Civics, which are obviously lighter and also have a lower drag coefficient (CW value).

What engine do you have or is it because of 4WD or the electronic engine from the hybrid car?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's pretty fast, I wonder why it's so much faster than most 1.5T Civics, which are obviously lighter and also have a lower drag coefficient (CW value).

What engine do you have or is it because of 4WD or the electronic engine from the hybrid car?
You may be missing the part where he mentions he's on the 21 psi KTuner tune.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I seem to recall reading somewhere that CR-V and Si share internals and turbo. Can anyone verify?

Davesxx01

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 CR-V
Country flag
Luv the dragy, lil gravity assist here as indicated invalid, but the height didn't seem much.
Love the Dragy unit! Yes, anything more than a 1degree slope change and it’s declared invalid,,, the road I was on sloped down at 1.01 degrees.
Sponsored