1.5T CVT 0-60times

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I just learned that my tuned CVT might be getting slower 0-60mph times than expected so I was hoping to get a collection of fellow CVT owners who are running a tune to chime in.

I am running the stage 2 dual map with no quick settings enabled and getting between a 6.5-7.5 second 0-60 depending on how I time it. What time is everyone else seeing?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
On 93 octane, running 21-21.5 psi, in decent ambient temps (75 degrees or cooler), 5.7 seconds is my best. I've only done a few 0-60 timed runs though, nothing scientific. PRL stage 1 intake with aFe filter.

There's no way you should ever see 7.5 seconds on a tuned 1.5 turbo. You may want to post a datalog.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
On 93 octane, running 21-21.5 psi, in decent ambient temps (75 degrees or cooler), 5.7 seconds is my best. I've only done a few 0-60 timed runs though, nothing scientific. PRL stage 1 intake with aFe filter.

There's no way you should ever see 7.5 seconds on a tuned 1.5 turbo. You may want to post a datalog.
How are you measuring your times - stop watch. drag strip, etc.?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Like I said, not scientific. Just using a stopwatch.

OP
OP

TrippyPancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Do you just mash the gas all the way down? Or do you do more than that? I also don't have an L mode, only an S mode

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mash and go basically, pedal to the metal.

Using BBG in "1st" helps too.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
If you want to see a true 0-60 time, you may want to do what I did and order this from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G525XK6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's pretty cheap and pairs with an app on your phone so it can receive that data directly from the car's ecu. If you run a 0-60 through that the time should be pretty accurate since it's coming directly from the car's computer. You should honestly be seeing something in the low 6's or high 5's with your mods.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Just did a 0-60 in my stock ex. 7.8 measured by torque. A stop watch isn't really a good way to measure the time because of human error. You're never going to stop and start it exactly the same. Plus the digital speedometer seems to lag a half second and skips numbers so

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tried a few times with the Drag Racer app. The last time it told me 7.2 seconds for 0-60 mph. But to be honest it felt more like 8 seconds and obviously the GPS signal of a phone isn't close scientific. ;)

Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5T CVT 0-60times IMG_20200204_183842

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
did not had the chance to measure but was doing some tests & gathering some data, car is heavy with diy tools, i may try to get times on next tests with my new obd2 that has time attack mode it can record many data & it's directly from ecu.
+/- 6 secs sounds abt right me thinks.
short clip on D mode accel test

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Just did a 0-60 in my stock ex. 7.8 measured by torque. A stop watch isn't really a good way to measure the time because of human error. You're never going to stop and start it exactly the same. Plus the digital speedometer seems to lag a half second and skips numbers so
and Torque uses GPS data which also doesn't refresh fast enough to really be accurate, at least not till the next gen GPS chips come in, current GPS chips in cell phones are only accurate to like 16 feet and are like a every half second poll rate at best from my research, the next gen GPS chips in phones will bring it way up in accuracy.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
and Torque uses GPS data which also doesn't refresh fast enough to really be accurate, at least not till the next gen GPS chips come in, current GPS chips in cell phones are only accurate to like 16 feet and are like a every half second poll rate at best from my research, the next gen GPS chips in phones will bring it way up in accuracy.
You can turn off the GPS data in Torque Pro and it will use the car's ECU data. That's what I did. As mentioned in my posting the GPS did mess up things. After I disabled the GPS in TP the readings were the same as my other car that has a built in data logger. I'm not saying Torque Pro is the only app, but it worked for me.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Earlier in my experiments I took videos of the speedometer & it updates the reading every 0.16 seconds.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I should mention the speed from the ECU is actually in km/h because the OBD2 specification only provides integer values from 0 to 255km/h.

When you convert to mp/h you see it going up in steps of 0.62mph. You will never see 60mph coming from the OBD2. IOW 96kph=59.6516mph and 97kph=60.273mph.

From looking at the Torque Pro logs, it is using 97kph=60.273mph for its 0-60 time.

Obviously this is not 100% accurate & is off by 0.455% which is less than half a percent error. This is not really critical because 0-60 times are typically given within a tenth of a second accuracy. Let’s say the real 0-60 is 7.05 seconds & the app rounds off to 7.1 seconds. That means the reading is off by 0.704% or less than 1%. That’s still pretty accurate, especially considering how cheaply the measurement was made.
Sponsored