1.5T 1.5T civic intake discussion & suggestion. Help & thank you!

OP
OP

fkturboindo

First Name
Osmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK4 1.5 Turbo Hatchback
Country flag
I've run SRI's on other cars and you're right, on the open road temps aren't too bad. But in city stop and go, heat soak is noticeable. On the other hand, for sheer sound.. . 10 out of 10.

Also, the OP being in Indonesia, that's a pretty warm, tropical climate.
thanks for sharing??
Sponsored

OP
OP

fkturboindo

First Name
Osmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
hope, it'll helpful for those who needs?

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
sprint filter like k&n replacement? increase pshhh (a little bit sound) thanks for suggestion??
If this is the case, you can choose HKS Racing Suction as it produces the best sound and advertised great gain.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello civicX member.

Wondering to upgrade open air intake (HKS new racing suction / K&N open intake / PRL Cobra CAI) or stay with stock filter box add with replacement filter like BMC & K&N.

My car is 1.5 T civic. Non Si.
CVT automatic transmission.

engine mods:

PRL intercooler kit (chargepipe etc)
Catless Downpipe
Full exhaust system with resonator.
HS coil japan ignition spark
HKS spark plugs MR45HLZ
Oil cooler
ATF cooler
Oil Catch tank

tuning with hondata / custom tune / ktuner
with daily boost between 18-21 psi.

any suggestion for intake / replacement filter for my 1.5 CVT civic?

thank you very much, respect.

img_01.jpg

images.jpeg-14.jpg

IMG-20201106-WA0019.jpg

images.jpeg.jpg

An SRI is fine for you because you have an aftermarket intercooler. Off idle acceleration will be a bit slower when it is hot outside. And when I say slower, I'm talking about 1/10th of a second slower. Why I say that? Because I've tested it over, and Over and OVER again at the dragstrip on a heatsoaked engine/engine bay. Only during take off from a dead stop the acceleration was slower and it was slower by 1/10th of a second.

Otherwise, there was slightly more power with the SRI (With an aftermarket intercooler and a tune, like you have) on the topend (Measured by mph) vs PRL Cobra vs stock. You'll be fine with an SRI.

OP
OP

fkturboindo

First Name
Osmar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
An SRI is fine for you because you have an aftermarket intercooler. Off idle acceleration will be a bit slower when it is hot outside. And when I say slower, I'm talking about 1/10th of a second slower. Why I say that? Because I've tested it over, and Over and OVER again at the dragstrip on a heatsoaked engine/engine bay. Only during take off from a dead stop the acceleration was slower and it was slower by 1/10th of a second.

Otherwise, there was slightly more power with the SRI (With an aftermarket intercooler and a tune, like you have) on the topend (Measured by mph) vs PRL Cobra vs stock. You'll be fine with an SRI.
thank you for sharing ??

Reactions: Myx

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those foam filters scare me. 2 years ago, saw a guy at Tail of the Dragon with that same intake and a part of the foam filter ripped and got sucked into his motor and had to get towed out of there.. Not a pretty sight nor a fun trip.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Or get the PRL CAI and add this https://filterwears.com/

I dunked a quad in water at high rpm and it shut off the engine. Air box only got minimal water in it and it only came through the velcro, not through the outer filter itself. It works amazing and would prevent your engine from hydrolocking. As Mys said though, SRI works good too with your mods, go for race maf, the hondata should have a base tune for it and it's a good 5-10hp gain.

Frank Rallye

First Name
Francesco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC X SPORT+
Country flag
Those foam filters scare me. 2 years ago, saw a guy at Tail of the Dragon with that same intake and a part of the foam filter ripped and got sucked into his motor and had to get towed out of there.. Not a pretty sight nor a fun trip.
All these stories are always the result of bad maintenance: HKS recommend to change the foam between these ranges:
Dry type: after 6 to 12 months, or drive 6,000km to 10,000km
Wet type: after 3 to 6 months, or drive 3,000km to 5,000km
Sponsored