1.5L V-Tec Turbo and 1.8L Thailand (Track Video)

RockyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima SXL, 2015 Honda CRV EX, 2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2003 Lancer Evolution
What engine did they pull those sounds from?

87Si89Base16EXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX-T '13 Accord Sport '08 Scion xD '94 Altima
Wow, I wanna do that with mine! And all we get are these stupid "Honda garage" and "Civic out of a guy's head" commercials???

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
I know they weren't racing here, but the alternating positions reminds me of Fast n Furious nonsense. :)
Nice video.

Modernboom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2008 Hyundai Tiburon, 1977 Chevrolet Corvette
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like that spoiler on the White touring way better than the one offered here in the US. What are the chances of that actually coming to our shores?

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag

HachiLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2010 Infiniti G37X, 2013 Infiniti JX35, 2011 Lexus RX350
Country flag
And all we get are these stupid "Honda garage" and "Civic out of a guy's head" commercials???
The ads that we get from Honda in the US are very benign, lackluster, and not at all inspiring. Outlined below are some exemplary auto ads that are marketed & geared towards the car enthusiasts. Ads that make you yearn to be behind that car, and keep you wanting to have one in your garage some day. One common theme in the ads are the superb emotion-stirring sound of the engine, exhaust notes, doppler speed change, visual motion. "Honda Garage" ad is sad, not amusing, bland, and not at all soul stirring.

Anyway, sharing to you some handful of ads that really move the enthusiasts.

• Jaguar XKRS (with Benedict Cumberbatch as voice-over)

• Jaguar XJ-R (with Mark Strong as voice-over)

• Maserati Ghibli

• Jaguar XKRS-GT

dt17

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback turbo 2017
Country flag
Sure as hell ain't ours...
I have the VTEC Turbo 1.5 here in Thailand. Pretty much sounds like this when I rev it.

Curious to see they mention no more VTEC in the turbo charged engine but Thailand still sells it as VTEC + turbo

The trim that we get here is very different..

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I always liked these:

I know that was an old post... but that last video was *great*. I'd never seen it before.

I've seen the Z32 Superbowl commercial untold dozens... maybe hundreds of times. I remember driving out to a Nissan dealer back in the 90s with my Z32 and seeing the Nissan Racecar they had that was modeled around the Z32 that'd kicked so much tail. The 80s going into the 90s was a good time for Nissan. They got revitalized 15 years ago when they brought back the Z when it was still competitive and stuck they VQ in the Altima and, IMO played a major role in pushing the midsize family car to be equal in straight line performance of those beautiful Z32s, who's design is based on a concept car now 30 years old.

It's a shame that Nissan has stagnated again so much. There's little they offer that'd get me on to their dealership, and I'd never swap my Z32 for a Z33 or Z34.
Sponsored