MANDY77

First Name
MANDY77
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 1.5 NON SI
Country flag
Guys, I was confused looking for the CVT check bolt and turns out it does not have it and it is mentioned by Honda that only 2.0L CVT has it.

So how you guys check the correct level of the fluid?
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5L CVT DOES NOT HAVE CHECK BOLT?? IMG_20220516_072519
Sponsored

Crakzor

First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
this is for the trans right? Im switching to synchromesh this week

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting observation. I'm sure it's there but I've honestly never used it myself. I've swapped CVT fluid several times now, and I just measure what I take out and put back in the same amount. It's always 3.9qt on the dot.

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
It’s there. I’ve changed the fluid in my CVT many times and always use the check bolt. Also, I never seen a washer on my check bolt. Only the drain plug.

OP
OP

MANDY77

First Name
MANDY77
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 1.5 NON SI
Country flag
Y
It’s there. I’ve changed the fluid in my CVT many times and always use the check bolt. Also, I never seen a washer on my check bolt. Only the drain plug.
Yes yes.. I don't find the washer, it's just a bolt. Should I open it? It looks like a pack or gasket bolt or something like that.

Interesting observation. I'm sure it's there but I've honestly never used it myself. I've swapped CVT fluid several times now, and I just measure what I take out and put back in the same amount. It's always 3.9qt on the dot.
Yes it's quite confusing. Dealers here in my country sell the fluid in a 3.7qt / 3.5L bottle. So I may be have to buy another one just to put another 200ml, damn shit.
this is for the trans right? Im switching to synchromesh this week
yesss.. is that for manual trans?

It has check bolt.
Can you please send the picture? Because it is totally different than this one, take a look this.
This picture does not look the same like mine.
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5L CVT DOES NOT HAVE CHECK BOLT?? Screenshot_2022-05-17-06-07-57-55_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
is that 2.0L engine or 1.5L turbo? Sir Do you have the picture, please?
Ok, I just jacked my 1.5T up and took a pic. The metal splash guard was off for recent maintenance so it was no hassle. The bolt is definitely there just like in your pic you posted.

Honda Civic 10th gen 1.5L CVT DOES NOT HAVE CHECK BOLT?? bolt

OP
OP

MANDY77

First Name
MANDY77
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 1.5 NON SI
Country flag
Ok, I just jacked my 1.5T up and took a pic. The metal splash guard was off for recent maintenance so it was no hassle. The bolt is definitely there just like in your pic you posted.

bolt.jpg
Ah thank you so much Sir, just look the same like mine. Really appreciate that ! Do you find a washer or no washer? Do you think bolt need to be replaced after remove it?

Ye
I no longer have the car. But it should be there.

IIRC there was a washer for the check bolt.

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts...utomatic/at_transmission_case_components.html
Yess thank youu..

It’s the 1.5l turbo. The picture you posted above is what mine looks like. The red arrow is pointing to the check bolt. Maybe take a picture of yours and show us?
Yes you are right thanks Sir