First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got a loaner from Honda while my car is in the shop. For the first time, I got the same model I have even down to the same color.
Just, this loaner is the 2.0 and I have the 1.5
All I can say is, fuel dilution issues aside, I'm glad I got the 1.5, the 2.0 just doesn't cut it after being used to the 1.5.
Sponsored

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
When I was interested in the civic the 1.5 turbo coupe was a must on test drive they had a 2.0 coupe I told them I want to drive the 1.5 turbo otherwise it’ll be like driving my Elantra so I test drove a hatchback sport

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I was interested in the civic the 1.5 turbo coupe was a must on test drive they had a 2.0 coupe I told them I want to drive the 1.5 turbo otherwise it’ll be like driving my Elantra so I test drove a hatchback sport
I honestly didn't know much about either when I bought my first one about two years ago. I never had a turbo before, but went with it cause of the better gas mileage. Glad I did.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I honestly didn't know much about either when I bought my first one about two years ago. I never had a turbo before, but went with it cause of the better gas mileage. Glad I did.
I had a Jetta TDI (turbo diesel) so I didn’t have the full effect of a turbocharged car
Even non turbocharged cars was faster
But the fuel mileage was great I got about
45 miles per gallon on the highway

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I have both cars. And they offer different things to different people. I wanted the 1.5t for the longest time and got it. Then later on brought the 2.0. Everyone wants more power and more everything but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the 2.0. If I had only 1 car, I would still want the turbo. But if I end up with the 2.0 only, i wouldn’t have a problem with it.

Wh1SL3R

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX MT Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
I have a 1.5T manual transmission hatch. I had to bring it to the dealer shortly after I got it so they could fix something and they lent me a 2.0 CVT sedan for a day. I gotta say, while I appreciate the power from the 1.5T, the 2.0 with CVT is much quieter and commuter friendly.

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
I have a 1.5T manual transmission hatch. I had to bring it to the dealer shortly after I got it so they could fix something and they lent me a 2.0 CVT sedan for a day. I gotta say, while I appreciate the power from the 1.5T, the 2.0 with CVT is much quieter and commuter friendly.
The manuals are geared fairly low, so at highway speeds, the engine revs quite high.
The CVT on the other hand, keeps the revs low leading to a smoother and more quiet ride.
My 2.0 with CVT is only at about 2200 rpm at 75 mph on a flat highway.

So, I think it was the different transmissions, more than the different engines that made the ride smoother.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have both cars. And they offer different things to different people. I wanted the 1.5t for the longest time and got it. Then later on brought the 2.0. Everyone wants more power and more everything but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the 2.0. If I had only 1 car, I would still want the turbo. But if I end up with the 2.0 only, i wouldn’t have a problem with it.
I agree but my previous car was a Elantra coupe with a 2 liter and it had the same hp as the 2 liter civic not saying anything wrong about the 2 liter and I’m sure the Honda 2 liter is more superior over the Hyundai plus I wanted a turbocharged coupe

Wh1SL3R

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX MT Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
So, I think it was the different transmissions, more than the different engines that made the ride smoother.
I can agree with that. It most likely was the transmission and the lower revs. Also, sedans are usually quieter than hatches/wagons.
Sponsored