1.5 Turbo Motor Build

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
To those people who were wondering why an Si Conrod would be cheaper than that of the 1.5t L15b7 in all the others. Well that answer is rather simple if you know your logistics.

As you know, Hatchbacks are exclusively built in England (Designed in Japan - built in Swindon - Shipped worldwide.). whereas Sedans and coupes are exclusively built in North America (Designed in California - built in Ohio and Alliston Ontario - shipped worldwide). Ignore that statement at it's face value and know that the Si is exclusively a sedan and coupe built here in the US. While the 1.5t in the sedan and coupe Non-Si is no different than the hatch - all parts coming from the same bin in japan. Si rods were developed around the Si which was designed and produced only here in the US. So therefore those specific parts are in fact one-off domestic parts. Locally made.

Edit: Sedans were built in Anna Ohio and Alliston Ontario.
Sedans are also built in Japan too
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports

Is the downpipe in the turbo kit the same one if I were to purchase your dp/fp combo?
Ill answer for them, no they are different, the dp will not work with the turbo, thats why the kit comes with a DP included!

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ill answer for them, no they are different, the dp will not work with the turbo, thats why the kit comes with a DP included!
and do I have to have there CAI intake? Can I use 27Wons? I live in Canada and dont really want to do the USDM swap & I fear hydro-locking in the winter & from rain

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
and do I have to have there CAI intake? Can I use 27Wons? I live in Canada and dont really want to do the USDM swap & I fear hydro-locking in the winter & from rain
You will need there Intake as well. Go short ram if you're worried about water ;)

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
short ram will work with the canadian washer fluid bottle. the full cai would need the washer bottle replaced for the pleasure of putting the intake right where the water runs in the wheel well.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
short ram will work with the canadian washer fluid bottle. the full cai would need the washer bottle replaced for the pleasure of putting the intake right where the water runs in the wheel well.
I guess the short ram has less "potential HP gains" & is quieter?

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
i have read a lot of comments that the stock intake is actually very good.
there may be better places to put your money, unless you want the intake sound..

wait a minute.. i think i want one for the sound.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
What's the difference between the two?
The comments above are spot on. You'll get more sound with the SRI and it's more compatible with the Canadian models. If you're looking to get the whole PRL package, turbo and intercooler kit. The difference between the CAI and SRI will most likely be negated by the intercooler upgrade.

You could always go water meth :rolleyes:

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
so how long before someone does a 2.0t swap in an si coupe? thats what im here for.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We'll have to see how much that swap is going to cost. At the moment it's probably over $10k.
Sponsored