Vehicle Showcase
Not too shabby.

Sponsored

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
7 seconds looks about right. It's in between Car and Driver's 6.8s and Motor Trend's 7.2s.

Miguel

Threads
Reaction score
Looks like it's slower to rev at first but then picks up. 2200 rpm to 5000 rpm is covered super quick.

civvie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Guess there's no way to launch the car without losing traction, even with traction control on. You can see it flashing with TC on.

Arcoril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
991 C2S, AP2 S2000
Country flag
Low rolling resistance tires are holding this car back. At the very least this car deserves some high performance all-seasons like DWSs or AS/3s.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Surprised the video only showed sport mode. Typically simulated shifts slow down a CVT. The WRX CVT gets going best in automatic mode where it just drones at peak power. I thought I read somewhere that the 1.5T did it's best in normal mode also.

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
Low rolling resistance tires are holding this car back. At the very least this car deserves some high performance all-seasons like DWSs or AS/3s.
Yep, skinny low resistance tires great for MPG but not at all for traction.

Put better tires on there and Car and Driver might have gotten even better than 6.8s 0-60.

civvie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Surprised the video only showed sport mode. Typically simulated shifts slow down a CVT. The WRX CVT gets going best in automatic mode where it just drones at peak power. I thought I read somewhere that the 1.5T did it's best in normal mode also.
Don't think most people know this, I know I didn't. Natural to think that Sport mode would give you the best acceleration. Wonder if the magazines who instrumented tested the Civic X knew this when gunning for best 0-60 runs.

H_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Si
Looks like it's slower to rev at first but then picks up. 2200 rpm to 5000 rpm is covered super quick.
Mid range acceleration looks real quick like the owners and reviewers have said. I'm curious if the Si will have its redline raised if it gets the same 1.5T engine.

H_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Si
BTW does anyone have a video of the 1.5T manual accelerating? Would like to see how the engine revs without CVT.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
BTW does anyone have a video of the 1.5T manual accelerating? Would like to see how the engine revs without CVT.
There is no 1.5t manual yet. That engine is only paired with the cvt for now.