First Name
Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just bought this 2020 Civic Sport Hatchback with a CVT. I'm just gong to be honest here at stock I love this car. I had an 8th gen 5 speed manual EX sedan and it was quick, but the 5 speed was a weak link, always killing the 1st reverse syncros with no mods to the car. As much as I wanted another manual, and being informed that the CVT model would not be able to be tuned like the manual version I bought it anyways.

I see thee's a "Race Chip" box for it and 35 extra HP sounds good even 40 sounds good. However I don't want to kill the CVT, and I'm not sure how much boost this mod adds, but I don't want a racer, those days are over and I did't buy the Type R because I don't want a race car.

So is this minor mod safe, and can I just unplug it to pass smog or should I say no? I would just like some more passing power crisper throttle response, less turbo lag, an maybe a CVT Si hatchback. I'm open for all advice.
Sponsored

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I just bought this 2020 Civic Sport Hatchback with a CVT. I'm just gong to be honest here at stock I love this car. I had an 8th gen 5 speed manual EX sedan and it was quick, but the 5 speed was a weak link, always killing the 1st reverse syncros with no mods to the car. As much as I wanted another manual, and being informed that the CVT model would not be able to be tuned like the manual version I bought it anyways.

I see thee's a "Race Chip" box for it and 35 extra HP sounds good even 40 sounds good. However I don't want to kill the CVT, and I'm not sure how much boost this mod adds, but I don't want a racer, those days are over and I did't buy the Type R because I don't want a race car.

So is this minor mod safe, and can I just unplug it to pass smog or should I say no? I would just like some more passing power crisper throttle response, less turbo lag, an maybe a CVT Si hatchback. I'm open for all advice.
If you were looking for performance upgrade within safety margin, I recommend to change your intake & downpipe.

If you prefer ECU tuning, I recommend you to get KTuner or Hondata Flashpro. KTuner V1.2 pricing should be on par with Race Chip but safer as you have control over critical part of engine tuning with strong community to back it out.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Idk is OP ever did anything. Just get a tuning device and try some of the lower power tunes. Don't get "racing chips" or other suspect stuff when two proven solutions exist.

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag