Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
normally you can always opt for a leather interior option, no matter the trim

you can ask the dealer

and I just googled Type R center caps and that gave me a whole bunch of results
https://www.all4honda.com/nl/oem-honda-naafkap-2017
https://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine-honda-alloy-wheel-centre-cap-civic-type-r-fk8-17.html

and than there's ebay....
The leather interior option depends on the country and and the trim. For the 1.5 until myear 2020 (in Germany at least) it was only an noption for the Prestige trim level.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Riko

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The leather interior option depends on the country and and the trim. For the 1.5 until myear 2020 (in Germany at least) it was only an noption for the Prestige trim level.
I would doubt that it was ONLY an option with prestige....

There is a option list of 2000 euro for the leather interior, despite the trim level.
I assume it would be the same everywhere in Europe.

If not official, surely your dealer can do it if you ask him...
Its just a matter of changing seats, the center console and the door trims.

CastorX

First Name
BalƔzs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

There is a option list of 2000 euro for the leather interior, despite the trim level.

Iā€™m rettry sure it was only an option with the prestige.
But like I wrote UNTIL model year 2020! Now you can have the leather interior as an option. But the Prestige was too expensive back then so only the sport and sport plus were the two options and Iā€™m absolutely sure that the leather was not an option on those and i even asked the dealer in Stuttgart about the seat material option because I felt like it is a huge quality downgrade from my 8th genā€™s alcantara seats. At the end I didnt buy a new car but a (by the dealer) used one with 1700km and 7 months old, but almost 20% cheaper... with base seats sadly. But I had so many minor problem with the car (misaligned door, air in coolant, broken seat adjuster, IAS problem, parking radar in problem, A/C whistle, rattles, low quality Speakers audio) I would have been very angry if I had paied the full price.

OP
OP
Riko

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Prestige in Belgium is the highest level on the 1.5L
And leather is standard on Prestige, are you sure you didn't mixed it up with standard equipment? :rolleyes:

On Premium and Prestige leather is standard.
Premium is the highest trimlevel on 1.0L
And Prestige is the highest trimlevel on the 1.5L

I have an Elegance (so 1.0L) bought in January from 2019 and it has the OPTIONAL Leather interior.

The Honda Brochure pre 2020 is crap because it is unclear.
In the summary at the end of the brochure they state that leather interior is not available on the other trim levels outside Premium/Prestige.
Even on the Options brochure you dont see anything.
But on the summary Price list, they do show the Leather Interior option! :rolleyes:

Look, last line:
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.0L CVT from Belgium - Lunar Silver with black leather interior Knipsel

On the current configurator, you can chose Leather as an option...
I believe this was the same before the facelift....
Even on the German website, I could opt for Leather interior in 'Sport Plus' trim for the 1.5....

So, yet, if you go to a dealers and ask for it as an option, its 2000 euro extra!
We got a 1000 euro discount.

Believe me, you can have leather as an option on ALL trim levels.
If its not standard, the seat design is even slightly different

In 2019 on the 1.0L I wanted to add side skirts.
There are specific (ugly) side skirts for the 1.0L trims.
But I asked my dealer to install the side skirts for the 1.5L
Why not? its all the same car, so he did that!

Dont always go by the books, these cars are all the same and the official options listings are not logical.
Ask for leather, and you shall get leather, as long as you pay for it!

When you think about, it, why wouldn't you be able to have leather in certain trims in more expensive cars, if I can have it on mine....? (1.0L with Elegance trim)

Are the issues with your Civic solved now?
That was a shocking big list....must have been a lemon?
Also, I think you had a shit dealer if he said the leather was no option on that specifc trim....
He clearly doesnt know the options policy from his own brand and I would be very surprised that its like that in a country like Germany....a country on wich the native brands have endless options list...I would be surprised that Honda Germany would limit the options posibilities compared to Honda Belgium lol

PS: my interior isnt even full leather.
Because my door panels are still cloth.

Last edited:

CastorX

First Name
BalƔzs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Prestige in Belgium is the highest level on the 1.5L
And leather is standard on Prestige, are you sure you didn't mixed it up with standard equipment? :rolleyes:

On Premium and Prestige leather is standard.
Premium is the highest trimlevel on 1.0L
And Prestige is the highest trimlevel on the 1.5L

I have an Elegance (so 1.0L) bought in January from 2019 and it has the OPTIONAL Leather interior.

The Honda Brochure pre 2020 is crap because it is unclear.
In the summary at the end of the brochure they state that leather interior is not available on the other trim levels outside Premium/Prestige.
Even on the Options brochure you dont see anything.
But on the summary Price list, they do show the Leather Interior option! :rolleyes:

Look, last line:
Knipsel.png

On the current configurator, you can chose Leather as an option...
I believe this was the same before the facelift....
Even on the German website, I could opt for Leather interior in 'Sport Plus' trim for the 1.5....

So, yet, if you go to a dealers and ask for it as an option, its 2000 euro extra!
We got a 1000 euro discount.

Believe me, you can have leather as an option on ALL trim levels.
If its not standard, the seat design is even slightly different

In 2019 on the 1.0L I wanted to add side skirts.
There are specific (ugly) side skirts for the 1.0L trims.
But I asked my dealer to install the side skirts for the 1.5L
Why not? its all the same car, so he did that!

Dont always go by the books, these cars are all the same and the official options listings are not logical.
Ask for leather, and you shall get leather, as long as you pay for it!

When you think about, it, why wouldn't you be able to have leather in certain trims in more expensive cars, if I can have it on mine....? (1.0L with Elegance trim)

Are the issues with your Civic solved now?
That was a shocking big list....must have been a lemon?
Also, I think you had a shit dealer if he said the leather was no option on that specifc trim....
He clearly doesnt know the options policy from his own brand and I would be very surprised that its like that in a country like Germany....a country on wich the native brands have endless options list...I would be surprised that Honda Germany would limit the options posibilities compared to Honda Belgium lol

PS: my interior isnt even full leather.
Because my door panels are still cloth.
I know that leather is an option NOW since 2020. but it wasnā€˜t before for the sport plus. At least officially. But they didnt tell me they can sell me one with lether except the prestige so... And Prestige trim level doesnā€™t even exist in Germany now.
From the 1.5 Hatch (I was talking about the Hatch only!) you can only order the SportPlus sine 2020 but there are like 6 different trims with the 1.0 engine. But now in 2020 -like you wrote- leather is an option officially.

The issues are partially solved, but the ac whitle is still there and Iā€˜m waiting for the A/C to completely break because sooner or later it breaks in Every Single Civic that was built between 2016 and 2019. sadly.
I can tell you if you buy a Civic in Germany you can count with some hard time. They even forgot to register the car and to the initial checkup and forgot to initialize the maintanence Reminder system. I had an 8th gen civic and drove it fom 90t km to 230t km and had basically no issues. With this one in ONE year I was at the delaer at least 6 times because of different issues. I still have this car only because I really really like to drive it, thats why it was also important to buy it with the 1.5 engine too. I still hope there will be no more surprises. And to be honest these problems were not all unexpected for me because I read civicx before i bought it and I knew there will be problems and warranty repairs.

the door panel is cloth in yours??? Then you also have the easily-getting-dirty armrests on the door? :)

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
normally you can always opt for a leather interior option, no matter the trim

you can ask the dealer

and I just googled Type R center caps and that gave me a whole bunch of results
https://www.all4honda.com/nl/oem-honda-naafkap-2017
https://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine-honda-alloy-wheel-centre-cap-civic-type-r-fk8-17.html

and than there's ebay....
Cheers, I'll have a search for the center caps. They look different to all the ones I've found so far.

Maybe the leather option is dependent on market but it's not listed as an option if you go with the GT Spec, at least here in Ireland. I think I might have found a set in the UK from a breaker though. :)

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag

You can have the dealer add lots of things after the fact but my original point is that my car wasn't available with factory leather (at least here and a few other countries by the looks of it).
Having the dealer install it after the fact is pretty expensive as you've also paid for the cloth seats then as well.

The Prestige and the 1L Smart can have leather but not the S-Design GT Spec. Naming conventions may differ from one market to the next also.

OP
OP
Riko

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah like GT Spec, we dont have that name in Belgium :)

Like I said, not an option here too for my trim based on the brochure
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.0L CVT from Belgium - Lunar Silver with black leather interior brochure.PNG

Three possibilities: a line, a circle and a filled dot
The line means not available
The circle means factory option
and the circle is standard equipment

I guess the ne responsable for those brochures is stupid, because I dont see any circle.....so no factory options......while the leather seats clearly are listed in the factory options below

But in a separate options list it is listed as a 2000 euro option
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.0L CVT from Belgium - Lunar Silver with black leather interior prijslijst.PNG

I am not gonna download every brochure from every country, but I assume leather seats are an available option everywhere....
So I am sure if you ask your dealer he wil charge the 2000 euro equivalent for that option

Honda offers so few models and they still cant make a decent brochure, shameful actually

OP
OP
Riko

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know that leather is an option NOW since 2020. but it wasnā€˜t before for the sport plus. At least officially. But they didnt tell me they can sell me one with lether except the prestige so... And Prestige trim level doesnā€™t even exist in Germany now.
From the 1.5 Hatch (I was talking about the Hatch only!) you can only order the SportPlus sine 2020 but there are like 6 different trims with the 1.0 engine. But now in 2020 -like you wrote- leather is an option officially.

The issues are partially solved, but the ac whitle is still there and Iā€˜m waiting for the A/C to completely break because sooner or later it breaks in Every Single Civic that was built between 2016 and 2019. sadly.
I can tell you if you buy a Civic in Germany you can count with some hard time. They even forgot to register the car and to the initial checkup and forgot to initialize the maintanence Reminder system. I had an 8th gen civic and drove it fom 90t km to 230t km and had basically no issues. With this one in ONE year I was at the delaer at least 6 times because of different issues. I still have this car only because I really really like to drive it, thats why it was also important to buy it with the 1.5 engine too. I still hope there will be no more surprises. And to be honest these problems were not all unexpected for me because I read civicx before i bought it and I knew there will be problems and warranty repairs.

the door panel is cloth in yours??? Then you also have the easily-getting-dirty armrests on the door? :)
cant speak about the past of the specific German market offerings, but I really think your dealer is either unaware or misinformed about the leather seat option in all trims...

I am curious about that AC whistle....
Are there videos online?

I personally try to be as cheap as possible when using the AC :)
Maybe it will outlive my ownership of the car (hoping to upgrade withing two years from now)
Lexus RC, Stinger, Supra or maybe a more luxurious next gen Civic.
I'll see
I dig the Type R Sport Lines more humble looks, but I want an automatic.

The armrests themselves are leather lol haha, the actual panels are cloth.
Honda Civic 10th gen 1.0L CVT from Belgium - Lunar Silver with black leather interior IMG-2668

Honda Civic 10th gen 1.0L CVT from Belgium - Lunar Silver with black leather interior IMG-2689

Astonishing to read how your dealer forgot all those things....what happened to the famous German GrĆ¼ndlichkeit? lol

OP
OP
Riko

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag