08 si 194.000 mi orig senior owner..beginning the daunting task of trying to get up to speed on what to buy--

rogerbottrell

First Name
still roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 civic si
Country flag
I thought I wanted an accord 6cyl mt cpe ...seems not only, are they difficult to find ...one that can pass muster even more difficult....(very strict muster)--so backed off that a bit-- to automatic tranny, not slushbox..CVT or whatever it is--but after preliminary research lots and lots of lawsuits complaints etc on motors, transmissions, oil consumption, and so on...no thanks..on that--and no variable cylinder
so now looking at si....used..three years old min ...only the freshest of cars wanted -one owner, etc. no bs....
.so you guys all know stuff -
I am an old guy. don't know anything and cant find it out..and if I do, I forget it before I can use it HEHE...So what I need is a nuts and bolts, nit picker, detailed honda accord, and civic si guy - and one that would like to be helpful, regarding specs models acronyms recalls tech bulletins etc....all stuff I could find on the net in the next ten years if I started last year. thank you very much...beer is on me..
oh yeah, no kissing...COVID ya know.
Sponsored

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Buy another Civic Si - you'll be happy! They aren't too expensive and come with plenty of options from the factory. You basically just choose if you want 4 doors or 2 doors, your exerior paint color, and summer or all-season tires.

Resale value is really good on these models, so you might want to consider buying new. You'd probbly only save a few thousand if you bought used.