OP
BriteBlue

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I did see that Rev9 Intercooler on ebay for $400 or best offer. I'll have to think about it it's worth it for a DD.

The other day I did a couple 0-60 runs in the morning when the temperature was 67°F. First one was 7.66 secs. The car sat for half hour while I was in a store & hopefully that would have given it some time to cool off. Did another run on the way home & got 7.95 secs. That one I tried doing that "Myxal 2-step" that's mentioned on the forum & I'm sure I didn't do it properly.

It still has a way to go to match the back-to-back 7.38 secs from last fall let alone better that time. Guess I'll wait a few months for cooler weather & see what difference that makes.
Sponsored

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It still has a way to go to match the back-to-back 7.38 secs from last fall let alone better that time. Guess I'll wait a few months for cooler weather & see what difference that makes.
Are you doing the runs in L?

OP
OP
BriteBlue

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Are you doing the runs in L?
Last fall all the runs were in D, that's when I got the 7.38 secs.

Two weeks ago the last run was in L and was 8.4 secs.

Grasping at straws here, but maybe the temperature is just warm enough for the timing to be pulled back slightly, and maybe the gasoline is just a bit low in octane & can't quite compensate for the temperature/timing change. IOW maybe the timing wouldn't have to be pulled back if the gasoline had a bit more octane.

I only use TopTier gas & not sure what I was using last year. Usually run Costco but sometimes Mobil or Shell. When the tank gets almost empty I'll try Mobil & see what happens.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wish there was a way to run the air through an a/c unit before it goes into the turbo.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you tried the 'Myxal Two Step' method to maxmize acceleration? :p
Do it in 'L' gear.

Myxal Two Step

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Do it in 'L' gear.

Myxal Two Step
I’ve also discovered if you have the sport you can two-step/double-tap the throttle and “downshift” on the paddles simultaneously and the CVT will rip. The RPMs jump to max almost immediately. Probably ain’t great for your CVT longevity, but damn does it make the Civic get loose.

• Love
Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
BriteBlue

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Do it in 'L' gear.

Myxal Two Step
I tried it in "D" but will try in "L" next time.

I did watch your videos & experimented using the 'Myxal Two Step' method before I did the actual timed runs. However I'm finding it difficult determining when to mash the pedal again. I don't notice any significant or obvious RPM slow down. But I will try again.

That being said it's still disappointing that the car is so much slower than last year.

Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
BriteBlue

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
It was cool 33°F outside today. Thought I'd try a 0-60 run and used "D" for a starting reference point in order to compare to previous runs. Now it's slower yet at 9.0 seconds. WTF is going on.

The only thing I can think of is hard tires on cold pavement which might have resulted in some wheel spin but without the audible squeal. I dunno.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did a run today, temp was 30F and i'm using an app called Drag Racer. It uses GPS so obviously not accurate. I did have some wheel spin and i got 5.8 to 60 and 14.2 1/4 mile at 102. I also have Ktuner 21psi map.

OP
OP
BriteBlue

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I did a run today, temp was 30F and i'm using an app called Drag Racer. It uses GPS so obviously not accurate. I did have some wheel spin and i got 5.8 to 60 and 14.2 1/4 mile at 102. I also have Ktuner 21psi map.
I'm using an OBD2 reader & the TorquePro app. I tried this setup in my other car which has a data logger & the 0-60 times matched over a wide range of runs so I feel it's reasonable accurate.

TorquePro can use GPS but I have that turned off. When I enabled GPS the readings were all over the place.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It was cool 33°F outside today. Thought I'd try a 0-60 run and used "D" for a starting reference point in order to compare to previous runs. Now it's slower yet at 9.0 seconds. WTF is going on.

The only thing I can think of is hard tires on cold pavement which might have resulted in some wheel spin but without the audible squeal. I dunno.
Something isn't right. That's considerably slower than a CVT 2.0 NA.

OP
OP
BriteBlue

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Not sure how to trouble the problem, presuming there really is a one. The car has only about 8,000 miles on it. When the car is at the dealer for the next oil change I could say the car just feels sluggish lately & ask if they can check it out.

OP
OP
BriteBlue

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Something isn't right. That's considerably slower than a CVT 2.0 NA.
Does the Civic adjust operating parameters over time, based on a person's driving habits?

My other car adjusts shift points, etc. based on how a person drives. Some people pull a fuse in order to reset the ECU to its default parameters & this supposedly perks things up a bit until the system relearns your driving style.

Could the Civic be limiting boost, for example, because it thinks I'm more of an economy minded driver since I don't do WOT acceleration that often?

OP
OP
BriteBlue

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Yesterday the weather was dry & temperature was 57°F so I did a few more 0-60 runs.
1) In Drive: 7.5 secs flat.
2) In Low: 7.93 secs.
3) In Drive: 7.63 secs.
4) In Low: 8.3 secs.

I tried to do a little normal driving between runs in order to cool things down. Maybe the intercooler was heating up by run #4, however run #3 was better than #2.

A year ago I got 7.67, 7.43, 7.38, 7.38 seconds, all in Drive. At least yesterday’s times in Drive mode fell within that range. Not sure why Low is slower when everyone says it should be faster.
Sponsored