0-60 on a 2016 EX-T Sedan CVT

brclark80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, Rallye Red
Country flag
I live in NC, around 1100' elevation. I've read varying 0-60 speeds. Some as low as 6.8 seconds, to up to 7.2 seconds. I've always felt like I can get my car to go faster than that. I've done several runs in D, S, and L and tried to get the most accurate count possible. The fastest I have got was 6.2 seconds on a flat straight road. The fastest I can get is to start out in S, then drop it down to L and just push hard on the accelerator. I've found the car speeds up faster from a stop in S mode and when dropping it to L, the RMPs will jump high and stay there.

I used a VBOX Sport to measure the times.

Has anyone been able to get theirs to go faster than what everyone else is saying? Perhaps the equipment is wrong? It definitely feels as fast as it is.
Sponsored

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I live in NC, around 1100' elevation. I've read varying 0-60 speeds. Some as low as 6.8 seconds, to up to 7.2 seconds. I've always felt like I can get my car to go faster than that. I've done several runs in D, S, and L and tried to get the most accurate count possible. The fastest I have got was 6.2 seconds on a flat straight road. The fastest I can get is to start out in S, then drop it down to L and just push hard on the accelerator. I've found the car speeds up faster from a stop in S mode and when dropping it to L, the RMPs will jump high and stay there.

I used a VBOX Sport to measure the times.

Has anyone been able to get theirs to go faster than what everyone else is saying? Perhaps the equipment is wrong? It definitely feels as fast as it is.
I've done this before in a spirited driving run, it definitely pulls harder when your on the accelerator and drop it to L so I believe your 6.2 time. I'm just hesitant to drop it while on the throttle because no one has really confirmed if it would damage the CVT.