Elite Sponsor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen ▀▄▀▄ Vivid Racing  |  VR Tuned ECU Flash Tune Honda Civic Type-R Gen 10 FK8 VividRacinglogo-1

Vivid Racing Presents:
VR Tuned ECU Flash Tune Honda Civic Type-R Gen 10 FK8

Contact Me Directly for Exclusive Forum Pricing!

[email protected] | +1.480.966.3040 x254 | www.vividracing.com

Honda Civic 10th gen ▀▄▀▄ Vivid Racing  |  VR Tuned ECU Flash Tune Honda Civic Type-R Gen 10 FK8 Type_R_Civic_VRTuned_1-3

We have had HUGE Success with our VRTuned ECU Flash for the FK8, Many hours of work have gone into ensuring the most amount of power while remaining SAFE. We develope our Tunes inhouse on our Mustang Dyno with the help of some of the best tuners in the industry. Our stage 2 Flash has consistently shown Gains of 64WHP | 81WTQ while improving throttle response and other areas!

Tuning the ECU of your Honda Civic Type-R 2.0L Turbocharged engine is possible with VR Tuned. The driving characteristics are vastly improved while providing you additional benefits that your engine craves for. With this additional programming to adjust your ECU calibrations, we also make changes to the torque limiter to provide better throttle response.

The new VR Tuned ECU Flash for the FK8 Civic changes air/fuel ratio targets, ignition timing, boost, and many other parameters of the ECU. The change is parameters exposes the performance that Honda left on the table.

On our baseline runs, the FK8 put down 249whp and 257wtq. Keep in mind, measuring wheel horsepower will give you a lower number than the advertised crank horsepower rating. Torque comes on early but stays flat: a sign that the turbocharger is being held back. After getting a few baselines runs, we popped the ECU open and flashed the new tune file on it.

With the new tune file installed, the FK8 put down 313whp and 338wtq, representing a gain of 64whp and 81wtq. Where the torque once flattened out, it skyrockets up and peaks at 3800RPM. This massive gain in low-end power turns the FK8 into a beast on the street. The big increase in torque continues to the top-end which results in big horsepower gains.

Overall, the tune file we’ve developed thrills us, and we’re excited to offer it to our customers. With huge low-end torque gains, your FK8 will pull hard right off the line. The big top-end power gains put the FK8 into a whole new category of front-wheel-drive performance. On top of the power gains, throttle response, turbocharger lag, and fuel economy are improved.

What are the benefits of VR Tuned?
  • #1 priority is our customer service to you!
  • Our tuning is used worldwide. We have powered vehicles of all types.
  • All ECU tunes can be reverted back to stock if necessary.
  • With the VR Tuned ECU Flash, basic bolt-on performance parts will not require a retune of your ECU.
  • Adding parts such as an exhaust, intake, plenum, pulley, will all adjust with the tune.
  • If you add higher octane fuel, the ECU will adjust accordingly.
  • We can tune cars worldwide including JDM, EU, Australian, and USA cars for different types of octane or environments.
  • Other custom enhancements are available if requested and applicable.
  • We test and dyno tune on our own cars to make sure what you get is safe, reliable, and gives you the results you want!

Honda Civic 10th gen ▀▄▀▄ Vivid Racing  |  VR Tuned ECU Flash Tune Honda Civic Type-R Gen 10 FK8 FK8-Tune-Blog-Featured-750x375

Honda Civic 10th gen ▀▄▀▄ Vivid Racing  |  VR Tuned ECU Flash Tune Honda Civic Type-R Gen 10 FK8 honda-civic-typer-fk8-ecu-dyno

Honda Civic 10th gen ▀▄▀▄ Vivid Racing  |  VR Tuned ECU Flash Tune Honda Civic Type-R Gen 10 FK8 Type_R_Civic_VRTuned_1-9

Honda Civic 10th gen ▀▄▀▄ Vivid Racing  |  VR Tuned ECU Flash Tune Honda Civic Type-R Gen 10 FK8 Type_R_Civic_VRTuned_1-2

OP
OP
VividRacing

VividRacing

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
This makes more power than hondata 93 OTS tune?
This is not an OTS Tune, it's a custom map that we developed, it's set up specifically for your car.

You would purchase the Tune, Specify what modifications you have, Fuel Type, Etc. Then we will apply that Tune to your ECU. We can also update the tune and alter if you decide to add other parts later on.

OTS Tunes are ok, but they are designed to work on Everyones Type R, even if its Stage 2 for bolt-ons, it's still not made specifically for your vehicle.

I can speak from personal experience, this tune feels MUCH better than any OTS map's I have driven.

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Impressive but $800 for a tune? I see that you mention unlocking the ECU and all that stuff. Im assuming it will be less if you already have a ktuner/hondata and have ur ecu unlocked.. right?

OP
OP
VividRacing

VividRacing

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Impressive but $800 for a tune? I see that you mention unlocking the ECU and all that stuff. Im assuming it will be less if you already have a ktuner/hondata and have ur ecu unlocked.. right?
PM Me, I always take care of everyone on this forum.

I can work a great deal for you!

- Jacob

Reebo

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Hello everyone! Still have great deals on this. Let me know if you are interested.
I'm interested and I'm local as well (Surprise). I just need to decide on an exhaust before I do this. Any recommendations? Also, what type of deals are you offering for this tune?

ZestiCarLover

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello everyone! Still have great deals on this. Let me know if you are interested.
I have a few questions, Would I send you my ECU and pay for tuning then you send it back and I put the ECU back in the n Im good to go? How would the different modes work Comfort, Sport and +R with the tune would they still had different/ more aggressive throttle response or ?
Sponsored