Elite Sponsor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen ▀▄▀▄ Vivid Racing  |  Varis Cooling Hood (Carbon) - Honda Civic Type R FK8 17+ VividRacinglogo-1

Vivid Racing Presents:
Varis Cooling Hood (Carbon) - Honda Civic Type R FK8 17+

Contact Me Directly for Forum Exclusive Deals!

[email protected] | +1.480.966.3040 x254 | www.vividracing.com

Honda Civic 10th gen ▀▄▀▄ Vivid Racing  |  Varis Cooling Hood (Carbon) - Honda Civic Type R FK8 17+ VARIS-VBHO-105V

Varis Arising I Lightweight Cooling Bonnet (Hood) for 2017-19 Honda Civic Type R [FK8] VBHO-105C

Available in:
  • VSDC
  • Carbon Fiber
  • FRP

Features
:
  • Lightweight Construction Reduces Weight vs OEM Hood
  • Additional Vents & Large Heat Extraction Duct Improves Cooling
  • Functional NACA Ducts
  • Aggressive Track-Inspired Styling

Honda Civic 10th gen ▀▄▀▄ Vivid Racing  |  Varis Cooling Hood (Carbon) - Honda Civic Type R FK8 17+ VARIS-VBHO-105V-1

Honda Civic 10th gen ▀▄▀▄ Vivid Racing  |  Varis Cooling Hood (Carbon) - Honda Civic Type R FK8 17+ varis_ctr_640x343

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Been debating getting this.

toyrocket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 HR-V, 1995 Toyota Supra TT, 94 K_Del Sol, 94 K20 Turbo EG, 2000 Honda Insight
Country flag
Jacob is the man! Ordered CF Hood and Lip. Got me the best pricing!

JumpmanReese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1
Country flag
Hey Jacob, I just tried calling you but your extension was unavailable. Can you PM me for pricing?

forrestbb

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RR CTR, Civic SI-2008 sedan
Country flag
VividRacinglogo-1.png

Vivid Racing Presents:
Varis Cooling Hood (Carbon) - Honda Civic Type R FK8 17+

Contact Me Directly for Forum Exclusive Deals!

[email protected] | +1.480.966.3040 x254 | www.vividracing.com

VARIS-VBHO-105V.jpg

Varis Arising I Lightweight Cooling Bonnet (Hood) for 2017-19 Honda Civic Type R [FK8] VBHO-105C

Available in:
  • VSDC
  • Carbon Fiber
  • FRP

Features
:
  • Lightweight Construction Reduces Weight vs OEM Hood
  • Additional Vents & Large Heat Extraction Duct Improves Cooling
  • Functional NACA Ducts
  • Aggressive Track-Inspired Styling

VARIS-VBHO-105V-1.jpg

varis_ctr_640x343.jpg

Thanks Tyler for sharing for us.

Just wondiering how safe or effective is the middle large vent in against water ie rain, washing or worse snow getting in the eng bay
or is my assumption this should be primarly only installed and used in good weather and if not only when tracking... although the vent is olooks ato be above teh post inlet above the turbo, but would prefer it not get wet in there as much as possible.
vs the oem vent albeit open at least channels any water and off to sides and or for cooling despite reports of water getting in somehow enough to manage to leak into and onto spark plugs.
Sorry just concerned for us owners so we get best coooling but not at the expense of any mechanical issues etc.
Open to your your advice and comment for future development.

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks Tyler for sharing for us.

Just wondiering how safe or effective is the middle large vent in against water ie rain, washing or worse snow getting in the eng bay
or is my assumption this should be primarly only installed and used in good weather and if not only when tracking... although the vent is olooks ato be above teh post inlet above the turbo, but would prefer it not get wet in there as much as possible.
vs the oem vent albeit open at least channels any water and off to sides and or for cooling despite reports of water getting in somehow enough to manage to leak into and onto spark plugs.
Sorry just concerned for us owners so we get best coooling but not at the expense of any mechanical issues etc.
Open to your your advice and comment for future development.
I've been running this hood for about a month now. It comes with a rain guard you can slap on in a minute with 5 bolts. I leave it in the car. Absolutely no water gets anywhere on the motor or intake when the rain guard is on. I drove through very heavy rain for an hour and it was spotless.
I run the spoon valve cover without the plastic engine cover so I was very concerned about water but now I have no concerns with the guard on. Just have to remember to put it on when forecast calls for rain or when washing the car.

When driving with the vent open, you start to see huge heat waves flowing out of the vent when at a red light even after a 5 minute drive. So much heat flows out of the engine bay. You can see it rising 4-5+ ft above the hood until it blends in with the sky.

Honda Civic 10th gen ▀▄▀▄ Vivid Racing  |  Varis Cooling Hood (Carbon) - Honda Civic Type R FK8 17+ Screenshot_20191118-223050_Gallery

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been running this hood for about a month now. It comes with a rain guard you can slap on in a minute with 5 bolts. I leave it in the car. Absolutely no water gets anywhere on the motor or intake when the rain guard is on. I drove through very heavy rain for an hour and it was spotless.
I run the spoon valve cover without the plastic engine cover so I was very concerned about water but now I have no concerns with the guard on. Just have to remember to put it on when forecast calls for rain or when washing the car.

When driving with the vent open, you start to see huge heat waves flowing out of the vent when at a red light even after a 5 minute drive. So much heat flows out of the engine bay. You can see it rising 4-5+ ft above the hood until it blends in with the sky.

Screenshot_20191118-223050_Gallery.jpg
Does the cover say varis on top of it just plain black color??

Thanks for the sharing
Sponsored