“New” Coilover options? RSR Best i-Active Coilovers and Ballade Sports Swift Springs Coilovers

slw_as_fk.8

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Pearl Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey Guys,

I noticed most folks run HKS coilovers and there are plenty of other options out there but two that I thought was pretty interesting is the new RSR Best i-Active coilovers and the Ballade Sports Swift Springs coilovers.

The RSRs was recently released. Based on what I’ve seen, they retain the dampening system based on drive modes ( R mode, sports mode, etc) which should be more “daily” friendly but still perform well on the track. Their springrates also dont seem too aggressive. Autotuned, based out in SoCal, seems to be the sole distributor right now and they worked on I think maybe 2-3 Type Rs for testing.

The Ballade Sports Coilovers seem to have been out for a few months now and after speaking with them it looks like they fine tuned and developed the whole coilover with Swift to be specifically for the Type R.

Anyone interested or have tried either? Since the RSRs are basically new I don’t think anyone has had a chance to try them besides those that were a part of the R&D process with Autotuned but am curious about feedback on the Ballade Sports coilovers if anyone has them.

Links below to the coilovers:

RSR:

Ballade Sports:
https://balladesports.com/products/ballade-sports-17-civic-type-r-fk8-full-coilover-kit
Sponsored

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Very interested to see how people like these new RSR ones. Most CTR owners I know track their cars and went with Ohlins, I LOVE how they rode and will likely be going that route myself unless these RSR prove to be amazing

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
its a great idea and great product if you want to retain driving modes.
but if im spending 3k for coils, im buying ohlins.
Same. I like the overall idea of these coilovers, but the ability to retain the function at the significant cost increase just doesnt seem worth it for me personally.

romuhhhr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R-39517, 2014 Mazda 6
Country flag
I have RS-R coilovers on my other car and ride feel is almost if not better than stock. Type R's stock suspension is actually stiffer than RS-R based on my observation.

OP
OP
slw_as_fk.8

slw_as_fk.8

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Pearl Civic Type R
Country flag
Are people running the Ohlins with the Sake Bomb camber plates?

I have yet to sit in a Type R with the RSR coilovers but am planning on hanging at Autotuned at some point just to chat and get more info on the set up.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Are people running the Ohlins with the Sake Bomb camber plates?

I have yet to sit in a Type R with the RSR coilovers but am planning on hanging at Autotuned at some point just to chat and get more info on the set up.
they are. There was at least one in nor cal group I’m part of
Sponsored