First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
and it’s my favorite car. Came from a 2018 Sti, Frs, evo x, 350z...

Si is a total blast, looks great, and jailbroken iPhone is an amazing addition- but I want a few more tweaks!

I have 2 JL 10” w3 and a 2000w amp- what cables do I need and is DIY off rear speakers easy enough?

I’d trade those for the ktuner though haha, miss evo and the open source tubing software, is that a thing or not really?

Lastly, I’m doing a kn drop in filter, but intend on short cai- is maf placement in front or after intake? Will dictate if I get cai or not.

Thanks!
~Turbo
Sponsored

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Welcome. Ktuner is what most would recommend for tuning. Hondata is the alternative. I own both and prefer ktuner. I also come from a similar background of car ownership, 350z, z06, wrx, evox(and a few more cars, link with details and mods in sig). The 10th gen Si is a great daily. For audio, you will want to get a proper audio processor like the L2CI to grt proper preamp output. You should also look into using hondahack to root the headunit so you can run the DSP Flat script since the factory settings are less than ideal. MAF is after the intake and many intakes for this car skew the reading and cause issues. To save you time just look at PRL. Also do not consider a BOV. Leave the stock BPV in place.

Oh and iphone sucks in general, though less when jailbroken, but specific uselessness when it comes to tuning. You will want either an android device or windows device for dealing with ktuner or hondata. Even bootcamp has issues with usb connection. I have a $4k macbook pro and it repeatedly drops the usb connection with both hondata and Ktuner. But my dell laptop works flawlessly and cost far less. Same deal with phones, i have an iphone for work and android for personal.

Anyway, welcome, use the search, google is your friend. Enjoy your car and the forum.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Welcome to Si ownership. It is a great car and a great daily driver that adds a little fun, especially for what you get for the price. Take it from me, I come from over 25 years of Toyota ownership (still own 2) and this is my first Honda. I'm not a big fan of modding, I like to keep it simple. You can see my thread on 3 must do "mods" that won't cost you a lot of money and make the car much better and funner. You can read the thread, but here is a summery:

1. K&N drop in filter
2. Amsoil Synchromesh MT fluid
3. Ktuner w/ TSP Stage 1 tune

Enjoy the car!

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Avoid scamsoil. Just my opinion but you could change the oil with mobil 1, royal purple, or eneos multiple times for the price of using amsoil. Also it is multi level marketing which should typically be avoided.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
So you traded in the 2018 STI for the Si, or still have it?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Avoid scamsoil. Just my opinion but you could change the oil with mobil 1, royal purple, or eneos multiple times for the price of using amsoil. Also it is multi level marketing which should typically be avoided.

I don't want to turn this into a debate and I agree with you generally that Amsoil is mlm and their oil is over priced, but I will disagree with you on the Synchromesh MT fluid. It is a thousand times better than OEM fluid, and many people on this forum who were reluctant to try it and did it will disagree with you. At $16 a quart times 2 at 50k to 100k change intervals it's worth it. I can tell you I hated this transmission until I dumped that oem crap

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have nothing but good things about it. Over 23k on my car and the trans shifts perfectly fine so far. When the time comes to replace the fluid I will consider my options.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Welcome to Si ownership. It is a great car and a great daily driver that adds a little fun, especially for what you get for the price. Take it from me, I come from over 25 years of Toyota ownership (still own 2) and this is my first Honda. I'm not a big fan of modding, I like to keep it simple. You can see my thread on 3 must do "mods" that won't cost you a lot of money and make the car much better and funner. You can read the thread, but here is a summery:

1. K&N drop in filter
2. Amsoil Synchromesh MT fluid
3. Ktuner w/ TSP Stage 1 tune

Enjoy the car!
This!

Done.

Or hondata... whichever option serves very well...ktuner has 10 fold better support to customers online though... fact.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag

Oh Lord we don't even have to start an oil thread to have an oil thread.

Enjoy your Si, I love mine. The rear motor mount (27Won) made a huge difference in stability and driveability for me.

OP
OP
consensual_induction

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welcome. Ktuner is what most would recommend for tuning. Hondata is the alternative. I own both and prefer ktuner. I also come from a similar background of car ownership, 350z, z06, wrx, evox(and a few more cars, link with details and mods in sig). The 10th gen Si is a great daily. For audio, you will want to get a proper audio processor like the L2CI to grt proper preamp output. You should also look into using hondahack to root the headunit so you can run the DSP Flat script since the factory settings are less than ideal. MAF is after the intake and many intakes for this car skew the reading and cause issues. To save you time just look at PRL. Also do not consider a BOV. Leave the stock BPV in place.

Oh and iphone sucks in general, though less when jailbroken, but specific uselessness when it comes to tuning. You will want either an android device or windows device for dealing with ktuner or hondata. Even bootcamp has issues with usb connection. I have a $4k macbook pro and it repeatedly drops the usb connection with both hondata and Ktuner. But my dell laptop works flawlessly and cost far less. Same deal with phones, i have an iphone for work and android for personal.

Anyway, welcome, use the search, google is your friend. Enjoy your car and the forum.
Thanks for an informative and warm welcome!

-iPhone jailobreak means gf can play hearthstone and watch netflix on the head unit is all i meant haha. I have a few pc's and laptops for tuning, but ktuner sounds like the way for me!
-i have the dell xps 15, is that the one u use?

OP
OP
consensual_induction

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So you traded in the 2018 STI for the Si, or still have it?
sry that was my car history, sti gone- in medical school and the payments were too much. Ill be a doctor soon enough but I might end up just keeping this car and getting something weird like an ariel to drive 3x a year instead of a daily driver/sports car BlandMW

OP
OP
consensual_induction

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ill make a new thread some other night, but for those who are curious I drive the car like i wanna break it, not break it in for the first 2k miles, never had issues...but is there even a break in period on modern cars beyond 4 miles lol?

second, never had fwd, how to control bunny hop in first gear?

third, catback doesnt need a tune on these guys right? like not gonna run lean and shoot a piston am i?

fourth, the pedals on my sti are on the same synovial plane (weird way to describe but i mean its horizontally planar...) but i cant heel toe because the throttle is like 5" distal to me compared to brake...is there ANY way to fix this? im not all fast and furious but I rev match out of habit and i have to toe heel instead of heel toe and its weird

lastly, does this car have open/closed loop throttle modes? IE WOT first time is slower until ECU thinks you wanna go fast? is it best to prespool by flooring it low rpm or (since i dont care about replacing brake pads) brake boost to spool turbo? im guessing its a small enough turbocharger that you dont gotta build load but WOT feels slower than 80% and i dont get why

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Ill make a new thread some other night, but for those who are curious I drive the car like i wanna break it, not break it in for the first 2k miles, never had issues...but is there even a break in period on modern cars beyond 4 miles lol?

second, never had fwd, how to control bunny hop in first gear?

third, catback doesnt need a tune on these guys right? like not gonna run lean and shoot a piston am i?

fourth, the pedals on my sti are on the same synovial plane (weird way to describe but i mean its horizontally planar...) but i cant heel toe because the throttle is like 5" distal to me compared to brake...is there ANY way to fix this? im not all fast and furious but I rev match out of habit and i have to toe heel instead of heel toe and its weird

lastly, does this car have open/closed loop throttle modes? IE WOT first time is slower until ECU thinks you wanna go fast? is it best to prespool by flooring it low rpm or (since i dont care about replacing brake pads) brake boost to spool turbo? im guessing its a small enough turbocharger that you dont gotta build load but WOT feels slower than 80% and i dont get why
1) Manual says 600 miles, you'll get there quickly.
2) Ease in the power and/or get better wheels and tires. FWD can't launch like AWD.
3) Won't be a problem.
4) You'll want the Acuity Pedal Relocator: https://acuityinstruments.com/products/acuity-pedal-spacer-for-the-10th-gen-civic
5) Don't think so.

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
and it’s my favorite car. Came from a 2018 Sti, Frs, evo x, 350z...

Si is a total blast, looks great, and jailbroken iPhone is an amazing addition- but I want a few more tweaks!

I have 2 JL 10” w3 and a 2000w amp- what cables do I need and is DIY off rear speakers easy enough?

I’d trade those for the ktuner though haha, miss evo and the open source tubing software, is that a thing or not really?

Lastly, I’m doing a kn drop in filter, but intend on short cai- is maf placement in front or after intake? Will dictate if I get cai or not.

Thanks!
~Turbo
i would go with the 27won CAI if you decide to do an intake. you shouldnt have a problem with the speakers if you run them off the stock sub in the rear of the trunk lid.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag

Hi, Can you help me with that DSP flat script. Will it run on 2019 headunit? I couldn't find android browser in the headunit of 2019 Si to use honda hack
Sponsored