Some closeups of 2017 Civic Hatchback in white

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It looks like shift to 5 door hatches is a trend that will continue. VW just announced this today.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/no-more-two-door-the-volkswagen-gti-two-door-is-dead/

The two-door Volkswagen GTI is dead, we learned at the brand’s full-line launch event today. Production of the model has ended, VW confirmed upon our inquiry: “The trend is clearly shifting toward four-door models,” said Volkswagen of America’s marketing chief, Hendrik Muth.
Not a shocker given VWs recent financial issues (and continued financial bleeding in the USA) they talked months ago about doing some major scaling back of their models they offer, and since sedans/4 doors consistently sell in much higher numbers than coupes/2 doors it makes sense they'd cut it. The 2 door golf was always a weird bit anyway. If VW wanted to do a successful 2 door sport model they shouldve brought the scirocco over years ago (so much better looking). Same goes for the kia forte koup, i think they should just replace it with the 3 door pro ceed from Europe (same engines, platform, way better looking and more versatile than a coupe w/ trunk).
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the best looking hatchback around and it's a 3 door. Too bad Kia doesn't import it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Some closeups of 2017 Civic Hatchback in white 2014-Kia-Pro-Ceed-GT-Review-Side-carwitter

toyman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 element, 2016 civic touring
Country flag
wonder if the sport touring is going to incorporate the sub I have in the sedan touring?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's the best looking hatchback around and it's a 3 door. Too bad Kia doesn't import it.

2014-Kia-Pro-Ceed-GT-Review-Side-carwitter.jpg
I posted the pro ceed in another thread somewhere a few days back. Definitely one of the best looking 3 doors on the market that the US doesn't get :( The pro ceed and Scirocco are actually very similarly styled.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Why is everyone circlejerking about integrated headrests...? Sedans have em too and I don't see anyone bitching about them...
The functionality/appeal of the hatch in general is what makes this more of a sensitive issue. We don't use the 60/40 folding seats at all in our sedan - just our hatch. And the extra flexibility of driver/passenger seating via absence of the headrests is nice.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dunno if anyone has seen this, but it just came in my inbox... looks like paddle shifters and a red theme for the gauges?

Civic Hatch.jpg
This is why the Hatch Si isn't happening. This touring Sport model has basically ALL the visual appointments the Si will get. Red gauges, carbon fiber look on the dash, the same 18" wheels, the same front bumper we've seen on the Si spy shots, center mounted exhaust, etc. The sport models are as close to an Si hatch as you'll get (for the time being). Expect all these same visual appointments to be on the sedan/coupe Si models however as well.

I also feel that the fact the sport hatch models come in automatics (or manual if you get the base) even with the boosted hp and torque lends some tangibility that we might end up seeing an automatic option on the future Si models as well. (possibly not on the 2017s but in the next year or two as an addition to the lineup).

Braxford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Curious...

What's the likelihood the Hatch SPORT, in a manual, will come with features (below) that I desire?
  1. Sunroof/Moonroof -- what's the difference?
  2. Alloy Wheels
  3. Touch screen display with at least a 5 inch screen
  4. Bluetooth
  5. Back-up camera
  6. Lane Watch

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
This is why the Hatch Si isn't happening. This touring Sport model has basically ALL the visual appointments the Si will get. Red gauges, carbon fiber look on the dash, the same 18" wheels, the same front bumper we've seen on the Si spy shots, center mounted exhaust, etc. The sport models are as close to an Si hatch as you'll get (for the time being). Expect all these same visual appointments to be on the sedan/coupe Si models however as well.

I also feel that the fact the sport hatch models come in automatics (or manual if you get the base) even with the boosted hp and torque lends some tangibility that we might end up seeing an automatic option on the future Si models as well. (possibly not on the 2017s but in the next year or two as an addition to the lineup).
I strongly suspect these wheels are HFP optional-

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
Curious...

What's the likelihood the Hatch SPORT, in a manual, will come with features (below) that I desire?
  2. Alloy Wheels
  4. Bluetooth
  5. Back-up camera
  6. Lane Watch
100%

The sport is a notch above the EX-T and the EX-T has all of those features.

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
I strongly suspect these wheels are HFP optional-
https://www.cars.com/articles/whats-the-difference-between-a-sunroof-and-a-moonroof-1420666252506/

"There is a technical difference between a sunroof and a moonroof, but most everybody uses the terms interchangeably. First off, both are panels in the roof that let light or fresh air inside the cabin. Getting down to details, though: A sunroof is typically a solid body-colored panel that pops up or is removable. A moonroof is a type of sunroof, except that it’s a sliding glass panel. The majority of new cars have moonroofs, as what’s technically considered a sunroof has pretty much gone out of style.
Read more at https://www.cars.com/articles/whats...a-moonroof-1420666252506/#8KUjlW7wMJJgvLVb.99"

I don't pay a ton of attention anymore, but I haven't seen a plain sunroof offered in a car since the early 90's.

lzaffuto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX and 2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic
Country flag
Curious...

2. Alloy Wheels
  4. Bluetooth
  5. Back-up camera
  6. Lane Watch
My guess is that the Sport will just have the exhaust and power bump, alloys (maybe 17" instead of 18"?), and maybe the paddle shifters for the CVT. The base model radio in the LX already has bluetooth and backup cam. If you want sunroof, leather, touchscreen and driver aids, you'll need to move to EX, but you'll lose the exhaust and extra power. If you want all of it as well as LED headlights, you'll need to get the Sport touring.

lzaffuto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX and 2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic
Country flag
100%

Are you sure? I thought I read an article that showed the order of Base, Sport, EX, Sport Touring. My impression was that that the Sport was going to be a low-option model with just the exhaust and power bump for enthusiasts that didn't want all the extra weight and gadgets.

Braxford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
100%

It is my understanding it goes LX > SPORT > EX (EX Trim Level above basic EX) and then SPORT Touring as the top of the line. So the standard Sport will have all EX features? Cool!

Braxford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you sure? I thought I read an article that showed the order of Base, Sport, EX, Sport Touring. My impression was that that the Sport was going to be a low-option model with just the exhaust and power bump for enthusiasts that didn't want all the extra weight and gadgets.
That's my understanding too. I think UberCivic is mistaken that I was implying the Sport Touring edition, but I was referring to the standard Sport
Sponsored

Last edited: