R.I.P. 2017 civic si

blackonblackSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si 2015ex 2012 Dodge Avenger
Country flag
Car was hit 2 days ago on the highway by a sleeping driver.. airbags deployed and the car called ems!! I love this car for saving my life... with that said I want to buy a civic x hatch... can I swap my si features in the hatchback ex.

Guage cluster
Sport mode

And I'm not sure if the transmissions are different with the limited slip. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I would like to create a hatch si if at all possible. Last car made 324hp with a 27won turbo tuned on ktuner by clm motorsports in new jersey.

Honda Civic 10th gen R.I.P. 2017 civic si 20210417_142733

Honda Civic 10th gen R.I.P. 2017 civic si Screenshot_20200413-102059_Gallery

Honda Civic 10th gen R.I.P. 2017 civic si 20210414_061157

Honda Civic 10th gen R.I.P. 2017 civic si 20210414_061143

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sorry to hear about the accident but glad you are OK. I would get another Si personally. If you really want a hatch, no you cannot re-use the gauge cluster and there is no sport mode/etc. The two won't translate.

Seeing as the front of your car looks fine, you should swap over the engine and trans to the hatchback, and sell the hatch motor/do whatever you want with it. The Si engine has stronger rods, and a higher capacity high pressure fuel pump/improved cylinder head that helps it reach higher power. You will lose power for sure with the hatch motor. Move the trans over as well, the hatch doesn't have a limited slip.

Knowing nothing of your financial situation/budget, the best scenario would be to get the hatch and drive it stock. Pull the Si motor and get it built with rods, pistons, etc. and then swap it over to your hatch. You could do the same with the transmission.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Car was hit 2 days ago on the highway by a sleeping driver.. airbags deployed and the car called ems!! I love this car for saving my life... with that said I want to buy a civic x hatch... can I swap my si features in the hatchback ex.

Guage cluster
Sport mode

And I'm not sure if the transmissions are different with the limited slip. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I would like to create a hatch si if at all possible. Last car made 324hp with a 27won turbo tuned on ktuner by clm motorsports in new jersey.

20210417_142733.jpg

Screenshot_20200413-102059_Gallery.jpg

20210414_061157.jpg

20210414_061143.jpg
Eh, it’ll buff out.

Joking aside, glad you’re okay. That looks like a brutal hit.

Are you keeping the car and using the engine/trans for the swap? Just asking because I don’t know how it would work with insurance

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I’m glad you’re okay buddy, and sad to see an Si go out like that.

but why were you parked on the side of the highway? People don’t realize how suicidal it is to park on the side of the highway like it’s a rest stop.

Maybe I misunderstand the situation, idk. But anyone reading this should know that if you have to stop on the side of any road, especially an interstate highway where traffic is moving 65 mph+, it better be an emergency.

This stuff happens so often. A high visibility vest stowed away somewhere in your car is great to have too. And if your car is broke down, don’t sit inside the car. Get out and stand away from it.

The highway will shut down for a couple hours and back up traffic for miles. They’ll sweep your ass off the pavement, load it on a tow truck, and take it away like nothing happened. And you won’t make the news, trust me. The people picking up your body parts off the road see that shit every day. OP is lucky to be alive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
blackonblackSi

blackonblackSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Eh, it’ll buff out.

Joking aside, glad you’re okay. That looks like a brutal hit.

Are you keeping the car and using the engine/trans for the swap? Just asking because I don’t know how it would work with insurance
Yeah car is paid off no liens.. total loss I can keep... I was looking for the insight on the differences In the two... sounds like I'll just get another si and have a spare engine and transmission to build. Most likely just strip it all and have spare parts... seems most logical. I'll try to stuff the seats in my ek coupe tho lol..

OP
OP
blackonblackSi

blackonblackSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m glad you’re okay buddy, and sad to see an Si go out like that.

but why were you parked on the side of the highway? People don’t realize how suicidal it is to park on the side of the highway like it’s a rest stop.

Maybe I misunderstand the situation, idk. But anyone reading this should know that if you have to stop on the side of any road, especially an interstate highway where traffic is moving 65 mph+, it better be an emergency.

This stuff happens so often. A high visibility vest stowed away somewhere in your car is great to have too. And if your car is broke down, don’t sit inside the car. Get out and stand away from it.

The highway will shut down for a couple hours and back up traffic for miles. They’ll sweep your ass off the pavement, load it on a tow truck, and take it away like nothing happened. And you won’t make the news, trust me. The people picking up your body parts off the road see that shit every day. OP is lucky to be alive.

I had just got a rear flat and was limping off the highway at 12 mph .... got creamed the guy was doing 90+

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had just got a rear flat and was limping off the highway at 12 mph .... got creamed the guy was doing 90+
That’s a nightmare. You walked away without even a headache? These cars crumple like tin cans, but it’s all by design. Honda’s safety systems are fantastic.

Like that one chase and pit maneuver at 126mph rolling into trees. 3/4 passengers survived. Says a lot.

Hopefully you had your hazard lights on at the time? Did the stock goodyear tire just blowout randomly?

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah car is paid off no liens.. total loss I can keep... I was looking for the insight on the differences In the two... sounds like I'll just get another si and have a spare engine and transmission to build. Most likely just strip it all and have spare parts... seems most logical. I'll try to stuff the seats in my ek coupe tho lol..
I’d worry what that kind of shock could do to the engine internally, or any part that didn’t take any direct damage. That was one hell of a smack.

OP
OP
blackonblackSi

blackonblackSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That’s a nightmare. You walked away without even a headache? These cars crumple like tin cans, but it’s all by design. Honda’s safety systems are fantastic.

Like that one chase and pit maneuver at 126mph rolling into trees. 3/4 passengers survived. Says a lot.

Hopefully you had your hazard lights on at the time? Did the stock goodyear tire just blowout randomly?

Lol I never said I was unscathed... im on crutches for the last 5 days it hurts to walk,sit, and lay down...my left elbow put a hole in the door panel and my chest is killing me from the seatbelt. Not to mention multiple knots on the top of my head that are painful to the touch. Im better than the car, but I still got injured.

OP
OP
blackonblackSi

blackonblackSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Yeah tire light came on and seconds later I was rolling on a flat... I put the hazards on immediately!

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lol I never said I was unscathed... im on crutches for the last 5 days it hurts to walk,sit, and lay down...my left elbow put a hole in the door panel and my chest is killing me from the seatbelt. Not to mention multiple knots on the top of my head that are painful to the touch. Im better than the car, but I still got injured.
That’s rough dude. At least you’re alive. Hope you’re back in another Si soon. Thanks for sharing what happened.

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
Glad you are ok physically and financially. Could be a lot worse.
The deals on the new 2021s are here in Canada ($750 cashback on financing). You should be able to get a deal in the US as well since the next generation is only a few months away.

If you want a hatch, you might think of a Type R.

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
Fuck dude.. wish you nothing but the best!
Sponsored