First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm gonna get flamed for this....but something is off about the coupe...like it's not aggressive looking.
Not trying to offend anyone, but if I was going to get a coupe, I think the Accord 2-door looks better.
That's funny, I saw one in a parking lot today parked next to a Mustang GT and had a similar thought. From the side their over-all shape is quite similar, but it doesn't have the same predatory look. I think it looks much more aggressive with the LED lights, a non-chrome nose, and different wheels.

Have to disagree about the Accord though, it's a bit dull for my taste.
Sponsored

LX16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
I'm sure I'll catch flack for this, and while I love my 16 Coupe, they just don't make cars anymore that look as good as those 90s Civics did. The 2 door hatch was always my favorite. I have a neighbor with one that looks freakin' brand new almost. Older guy, and he takes very good care of it.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice hatch @ipinsao !

Not trying to jack your thread! But here is my 20 years apart mashup :) First my buddies 98 Si with my ex-t at the strip, and second is my 2000 SiR reflecting my ex-t in its paint. This is the best civic since the EK stopped back in 2000 IMO

Long live the EK! :bow:

image.jpg
image.jpeg
Did you run her? If so, how did it do?

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
I'm sure I'll catch flack for this, and while I love my 16 Coupe, they just don't make cars anymore that look as good as those 90s Civics did. The 2 door hatch was always my favorite. I have a neighbor with one that looks freakin' brand new almost. Older guy, and he takes very good care of it.
Sometimes I miss my old 06 Accord coupe...I think it was so sporty

Honda Civic 10th gen 20 years apart IMG_20160507_224648

bcthai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 1.8EL
This is usually the very first thing I put on when I get a new car. Before and after shots of the side molding.

WP_20160602_16_19_22_Rich.jpg
WP_20160602_17_39_26_Rich.jpg
Side molding looks good. Was that dealer installed? They don't seem to offer that here in Thailand, but have another version that I do not like. I've got a silver sedan, so maybe it wouldn't look too bad, but yours would give better door protection. 2 weeks old, and mine has a tiny door ding right where your side molding is. What sucks is I believe my wife did it in the driveway opening her car door. She denies it, of course!
Honda Civic 10th gen 20 years apart Modulo14_full

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 99 hatch has 123k on it and still runs and drives fine. There are rattles here and there, but everything works. It's my daily and I wouldn't hesitate to take it on a long trip, but I have a much more comfortable, fun car to drive now. The 97 EX has 127k and I got it 1.5 years ago with 100k. So it has been driven a lot, mostly to Texas. It is still fun to drive too. Those 5th and 6th gen Civics were great cars. I really like the hatch from 92-95.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
My 99 hatch has 123k on it and still runs and drives fine. There are rattles here and there, but everything works. It's my daily and I wouldn't hesitate to take it on a long trip, but I have a much more comfortable, fun car to drive now. The 97 EX has 127k and I got it 1.5 years ago with 100k. So it has been driven a lot, mostly to Texas. It is still fun to drive too. Those 5th and 6th gen Civics were great cars. I really like the hatch from 92-95.
Stop it! You're making me want to buy an EG hatch all over again!

One of my favorite cars ever. I'd love to have a '95 EG w/ k24A2 all-motor swap and a 6-speed. It's just hard trying to find one that's unmolested though.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stop it! You're making me want to buy an EG hatch all over again!

One of my favorite cars ever. I'd love to have a '95 EG w/ k24A2 all-motor swap and a 6-speed. It's just hard trying to find one that's unmolested though.
If I had the money, I would turn it into a 10 second Civic. Just so I could humiliate Vette and Lamborghini owners.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I had the money, I would turn it into a 10 second Civic. Just so I could humiliate Vette and Lamborghini owners.
Nothing beats a sleeper. :headbang:

Always wanted to put a Boxter engine in a VW Bug for just that reason.

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
Nothing beats a sleeper. :headbang:

Always wanted to put a Boxter engine in a VW Bug for just that reason.
I don't think the EG civic is really a "sleeper" anymore, either on drag strip or race track... people know it can be made fast.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
I don't think the EG civic is really a "sleeper" anymore, either on drag strip or race track... people know it can be made fast.
Just use the 'tried and true' method of ricing the heck out it and nobody will know you're built, at least until after the first pass.

Wearing a 'VTEC' t-shirt and Converse sneakers with a fade will complete the look. :D

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag