Theodor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R fk8
Country flag
New project, replace the speakers, and ad a subwoofer

10_audio_1.jpg

Put some sound damping in the doors, trunk and around the rear speakers.

10_sound_1.jpg

Hi im also looking at this Hertz Bass. Did you have to splice anything in the back of your Headunit to get this work ?
Thanks from me

OP
OP
Mike42dk

Mike42dk

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T 2018 sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi im also looking at this Hertz Bass. Did you have to splice anything in the back of your Headunit to get this work ?
Thanks from me
No, I took the signal from both rear speakers, before the filter, so just take 4 wires from rear speakers end connect them to the "In hi level" on the Sub, and then a power cable from battery, and ofc ground, then you are good to go.
The great thing is that the Sub turn power on when there's a signal from the speakers, and off when there's no signal from the speakers.
You can get an ISO plug for your headunit, and then connect the Sub via the "Pre in" and then you need to run some cables from headunit to the sub.
I'm very pleased with the sound from my Sub, though you need to readjust the settings until you find the right bass sound for your ears.

wolfbane1967

First Name
Theodor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R fk8
Country flag
No, I took the signal from both rear speakers, before the filter, so just take 4 wires from rear speakers end connect them to the "In hi level" on the Sub, and then a power cable from battery, and ofc ground, then you are good to go.
The great thing is that the Sub turn power on when there's a signal from the speakers, and off when there's no signal from the speakers.
You can get an ISO plug for your headunit, and then connect the Sub via the "Pre in" and then you need to run some cables from headunit to the sub.
I'm very pleased with the sound from my Sub, though you need to readjust the settings until you find the right bass sound for your ears.

Thank you. So i really dont need to go to the headunit at all, thats good. I just splice in to + and - on a speaker. I have them in my doors tho. Do i need some extra wire cables for this just , or what do you mean with filters ? So bad at this :)

OP
OP
Mike42dk

Mike42dk

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you. So i really dont need to go to the headunit at all, thats good. I just splice in to + and - on a speaker. I have them in my doors tho. Do i need some extra wire cables for this just , or what do you mean with filters ? So bad at this :)
Ohh you got the Hatchback, my mistake, You need to run wires from both door speakers.
But I don't know how the speaker setup is on the FK8, I thought they came with a sub?
Mine came with a 8 speaker setup. There are some treads with Sub builds on the hatchback in this forum under Audio. If you have the 11 speaker setup, then you properly have a DSP located in the right side at the passenger foot.
I meant before filter because I fitted new speakers and tweeters at the same time, and they came with a filter, so I spliced the speaker signal before the filter.

wolfbane1967

First Name
Theodor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R fk8
Country flag
Ohh you got the Hatchback, my mistake, You need to run wires from both door speakers.
But I don't know how the speaker setup is on the FK8, I thought they came with a sub?
Mine came with a 8 speaker setup. There are some treads with Sub builds on the hatchback in this forum under Audio. If you have the 11 speaker setup, then you properly have a DSP located in the right side at the passenger foot.
I meant before filter because I fitted new speakers and tweeters at the same time, and they came with a filter, so I spliced the speaker signal before the filter.

Thanks for answering, yes i live in Sweden so we have no Sub here, just the 11 speaker set up, sounds terrible tho :cool:
Il look in to this

OP
OP
Mike42dk

Mike42dk

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got my new summer wheels, Japan Racing JR3, 18" ET40 8", and tyres is Nokian Powerproof 235x40x18, got a really great offer on the tyres, so I will try them, and for now they are actually great.

Honda Civic 10th gen Michael's White 2018 1.5T Sedan 10_new_wheels

OP
OP
Mike42dk

Mike42dk

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got my rear defuser and rear skirt fitted, remowed my mudflaps, as they did not look good with my new wheels. So pleased with the look of the car :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Michael's White 2018 1.5T Sedan 10_def_1

Honda Civic 10th gen Michael's White 2018 1.5T Sedan 10_def_2

Honda Civic 10th gen Michael's White 2018 1.5T Sedan 10_def_3
Honda Civic 10th gen Michael's White 2018 1.5T Sedan 10_def_4

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
OP
OP
Mike42dk

Mike42dk

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where did you get the side covers in The engine bay?
The EU Honda comes with the panels from new, so all of the cars that was made in England (FK7 ) and Turkey (FC1) came with the Panels fitted.

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
No shit. Learned something new. Came across this thread last night an made me realize I had those hood shocks lying around so I threw them in today lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen Michael's White 2018 1.5T Sedan 49DC645A-5D70-4985-95E0-673219FEC2DF
Sponsored