FK8_tuning_development real info from real professionals.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello folks. I am a tech/builder/tuner. I have been doing r&d on the FK8 platform and intend to post some valuable info for the CTR owners. There are some misunderstandings and “myths” about the FK8. I am willing to reveal information many will not. Currently I have a partnered fabricator another tuner/builder. Close to sight dyno partner.
Follow me on Instagram FK8_tuning_development. The goal is to bring you the most accurate information possible.
I am not just a hobbyist I am a Professional Technician that deals in engine performance, diagnostics, and modifications and tuning. Doing diagnostics and engine performance gives me a view most other tuners and builders don’t see. Understanding a platform doesn’t mean cause you’ve been dealing with the make of the vehicle you automatically know what’s best. It requires at least 6 months on a new platform to get a true understanding. This includes any change to the drivetrain.

Currently I’ve been testing for over a year on the fk8 and not just my personal car. Just about any set up combination you can think about I’ve tested in real world conditions. Not just dyno testing. The engine load on the street or strip is a different world than an inertia type dyno or even load bearing dyno. Stock turbo, aftermarket turbo , full turbo kits, methanol injection, ethanol, port injection upgrade and direct injection upgrade. The tuning has been done mostly through Hondata and Ktuner as most individuals can not afford Motec.

Shout out to those who have been essential and crucial in their help and testing. You know who you are. A few people have been essential in keeping testing costs down as I’m not a big company and can not afford to build a car in multiple set ups. Without them testing Garret turbo kits and different drop in turbos would not have been possible. I’m a people person trying to give back the way it should be and not the way it has become. I will do my best to give you the better customer service you deserve.

E-tuning inquiries and all other inquiries are to be emailed to [email protected].
Any particular product testing will be taken into consideration and is to be emailed to [email protected]

Current Location Shop location is Myrtle beach 1309 highway 501 29577. I have access to a dynojet dyno a short distance from here in Conway. Those in the South Carolina area knows there are very few dynojet locations here. Even fewer FK8 custom tuners, technicians and installers. My shop does installs, modifications, repair, diagnostic and tuning.
Currently email is the only form of contact but I will respond within 24-48 hours. All appointment are done through email and then confirmed by phone call. Sorry for inconvenience as telephone lines are not functioning correctly and I can not rely on the detail shop to forward my calls.

Something that is overlooked is after getting bolt-ons that running e25 base map or flex fuel base map doesn’t require a custom tune. The only thing safe to run with e25 basemap is a downpipe. Lower altitudes and cooler days can result in large fuel pressure drops as seen in the picture below. On hotter days with reduction in aircharge this may not happen but as the temperatures drop it happens more often. This is an untouched flex fuel base map on a car with an intake, downpipe, and an intercooler running at exactly e25 mix and target fuel is exactly where it should be. Aircharge is actually slightly down from temperature reduction and still there is a loss of fuel pressure. While many might say this is safe it is not. The customer complained of intermittent hesitation. That is the car cutting power to prevent irreparable damage. Loss of pressure results in loss of power, poor spray pattern, and forces the injectors to stay open too long.

image.jpg

image.jpg

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Air charge is independent from intake temp. Hondata have said that themselves. Are you sure your engine isn't heat soaked and there are other limits that are preventing you from hitting your target air charge?

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Am I losing my mind? I swear I’ve seen this post at least two other times...

Shazad

Hello folks. I am a tech/builder/tuner. I have been doing r&d on the FK8 platform and intend to post some valuable info for the CTR owners. There are some misunderstandings and “myths” about the FK8. I am willing to reveal information many will not. Currently I have a partnered fabricator another tuner/builder. Close to sight dyno partner.
Follow me on Instagram FK8_tuning_development. The goal is to bring you the most accurate information possible.
I am not just a hobbyist I am a Professional Technician that deals in engine performance, diagnostics, and modifications and tuning. Doing diagnostics and engine performance gives me a view most other tuners and builders don’t see. Understanding a platform doesn’t mean cause you’ve been dealing with the make of the vehicle you automatically know what’s best. It requires at least 6 months on a new platform to get a true understanding. This includes any change to the drivetrain.

Currently I’ve been testing for over a year on the fk8 and not just my personal car. Just about any set up combination you can think about I’ve tested in real world conditions. Not just dyno testing. The engine load on the street or strip is a different world than an inertia type dyno or even load bearing dyno. Stock turbo, aftermarket turbo , full turbo kits, methanol injection, ethanol, port injection upgrade and direct injection upgrade. The tuning has been done mostly through Hondata and Ktuner as most individuals can not afford Motec.

Shout out to those who have been essential and crucial in their help and testing. You know who you are. A few people have been essential in keeping testing costs down as I’m not a big company and can not afford to build a car in multiple set ups. Without them testing Garret turbo kits and different drop in turbos would not have been possible. I’m a people person trying to give back the way it should be and not the way it has become. I will do my best to give you the better customer service you deserve.

E-tuning inquiries and all other inquiries are to be emailed to [email protected].
Any particular product testing will be taken into consideration and is to be emailed to [email protected]

Current Location Shop location is Myrtle beach 1309 highway 501 29577. I have access to a dynojet dyno a short distance from here in Conway. Those in the South Carolina area knows there are very few dynojet locations here. Even fewer FK8 custom tuners, technicians and installers. My shop does installs, modifications, repair, diagnostic and tuning.
Currently email is the only form of contact but I will respond within 24-48 hours. All appointment are done through email and then confirmed by phone call. Sorry for inconvenience as telephone lines are not functioning correctly and I can not rely on the detail shop to forward my calls.

Something that is overlooked is after getting bolt-ons that running e25 base map or flex fuel base map doesn’t require a custom tune. The only thing safe to run with e25 basemap is a downpipe. Lower altitudes and cooler days can result in large fuel pressure drops as seen in the picture below. On hotter days with reduction in aircharge this may not happen but as the temperatures drop it happens more often. This is an untouched flex fuel base map on a car with an intake, downpipe, and an intercooler running at exactly e25 mix and target fuel is exactly where it should be. Aircharge is actually slightly down from temperature reduction and still there is a loss of fuel pressure. While many might say this is safe it is not. The customer complained of intermittent hesitation. That is the car cutting power to prevent irreparable damage. Loss of pressure results in loss of power, poor spray pattern, and forces the injectors to stay open too long.

image.jpg

image.jpg
Scammer

image.jpg

image.jpg
Scammer

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Lmfao this dude is the new asston
That guy actually scammed people. Why he chose a new name to allow him to re appear years later in the Honda community.

OP
OP
Fk8_tuning_development
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
My actual name is John . No your not wrong people it is me but just listen to what I have to say. I am not alone in this I am partnered up with two very experienced people therefore as a business I can not promote it as just myself as that is being selfish knowledge comes from team work. Ty tuner/builder and Brandon fabricator means this is not a solo thing. I do own a shop and I do have legit dynojet access. Ty has an in ground dynojet but can’t handle as many smaller as projects as I can and little space. He’s wiring entire cars so he can’t exactly stop to put in an intercooler or clutch if you know what I mean. Brandon has other fabrications projects but not the space. I have plenty of room at my shop. This solves a lot of problems.

I can’t all of it by myself so that’s why I decided to partner up. Ty has almost as many years experience as I do but more towards building/tuning. He does any inline 6 includes Supra bmw does mustang and any honda except 10th gen. That regard he has greater diversity with Honda than I do. He can tune hondata, mega squirt and back flash bmw aem he’s done every Honda but not 10th gen platform.
Brandon has been fabricating his whole life. Brandon fabricated rwd hubs for a friends 4wd 980whp k24 rsx. Along with his intake manifold and many other parts.

I’ve been so busy lately trying to get my end situated. I recently threw the idea to brandon about making custom MAF housing. He’s also got k24 and k20 engines their cause he does full custom sheet metal manifolds. Both Ty and Brandon are legit. Neither of them like forums and I don’t blame them but It’s a needed in reality. Here’s a pic of some of Brandon’s work.

Honda Civic 10th gen FK8_tuning_development real info from real professionals. C4EC6910-2EDD-45B8-9F4A-DA0B06984DB7
Honda Civic 10th gen FK8_tuning_development real info from real professionals. E72FE48C-C3F8-477B-92FE-3AC268C77882

I can’t possibly be great at everything. That’s why you need people. The shop is very real to those who said it’s fake. Between the 3 of us it’s over 50 years of combined knowledge. I’ll be posting more pics soon. I just haven’t had time. The 10th gen platform is totally different so it require extensive research.

All fabrication fk8 from Brandon will be done on my car as the test car. I’ve done all my research in my spare time until now. Fabrication includes building of full custom turbo kits. All dyno sessions are done at Ty’s dyno. E-tunes depending on platform will be done by either myself or Ty or the both of us. The business partnership is new but this works for all of us cause no one loses. I am going back to the dyno to get more numbers on my car for water meth set up. No tricks no games. Yes I’ll post some things. I’m not getting involved in anymore debates. I could tell you about these guys forever but I’ll just post some of their work.

I’m also gong to see about switching the account from current status.

Thanks to Nick Robert James as well. They also have been essential. Without them I couldNot possibly have collected enough data for each set up.
I did change and complete the MAF scaling and VE correction today. I made a final revision and thanks to Robert. I was able to test it under the conditions I needed. Dyno numbers/pics to come soon.

I will state I am unhappy with one person. He used my maps for his personal gain. He was having a problem and I did him a favor which I won’t do again. I won’t do details that’s not who I am.

Thank you to many of you who have been courteous to me. You’ll see soon enough. Ps I refuse to post bloated fake dyno numbers. Real is what you’ll get.

[email protected]
This is most likely temporary as a permanent website will be necessary. For now please email to here with what your looking for.

Last edited: