CanadaHondaGuy
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport CVT
Country flag
As I stated in my OP, I had a 2017 Civic Sport that I absolutely loved, and was minding my own business, cruising to work bright and early on a late February morning. It was snowing, and starting to accumulate between the lanes as is usually the case in in the great white north. :rolleyes:

Some idiot in a Beamer was entering the 407 in Vaughn, going way too fast for the driving conditions, and he lost control in front of me, and started to spin, and I swerved to avoid a collision with him, and in doing so, caused my own car to start to spin! He ended up in the south side revine and I ended up smashing into the centre cement median wall:

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT 2017 Sport CVT

Last edited:
OP
OP
CanadaHondaGuy
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport CVT
Country flag
That's what stared the following train of events...

I called my Honda guy, and ordered a brand new 2020 version of the same car. Yes the Type R's are awesome, but not really that practical for me, plus the "white" colour is kind of "creamy" and really not to my liking TBH... I much preferred the White Orchid Pearl and didn't even notice that they made an ever so slight revision to Platinum White Pearl for the 2020 model year. I ordered mine with as dark a tint as was allowable by law, and the all weather mats and warranty etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CanadaHondaGuy
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport CVT
Country flag
The first thing I did was swap out the stock rotors, since I had planned on doing a break job on my 2017 when I swapped the winters for summers later that spring, and already had the parts sitting in my garage. Used a set of Power Stop Evolution Sport Front & Rear Brake rotors.

At the same time, I also painted the caliper housing...

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT Brakes-1

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT Brakes-2

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT Brakes-3

Last edited:
OP
OP
CanadaHondaGuy
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport CVT
Country flag
And with the new Honda Logo centre caps, red lug nuts and valve caps I found, it really highlighted the black/ black chrome wheels nicely!

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT Brakes-4

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT brakes-5

OP
OP
CanadaHondaGuy
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport CVT
Country flag
I also bought a set of H.I.C. window Visors and some red Turbo emblems...

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT Clean Car

OP
OP
CanadaHondaGuy
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport CVT
Country flag
Along the way, I was also doing some interior modifications:
  • Assorted red dash trims (Thenice)
  • Assorted black Carbon fiber Door/ dash/ console trims (Thenice)
  • Black/ Red seat covers (Going to swap these out soon for the Rixxo Super Sport models)
  • Black/ red steering wheel cover (Amazon)
  • Black/ red Rubber cupholder mats (Thenice)
  • Carbon fiber thresh hold protectors (Thenice)
  • Recovered cloth centre arm rest with black/ red PU coated leather (Amazon)
  • HVAC/ Start Button/ Speaker casings (Thenice)
  • Centre Console organizer (Thenice)
  • Cell phone holder (Thenice)
  • Sunglasses storage - replacing the useless drivers side ceiling handle (Thenice)
  • And I found a guy on Kijiji that was selling his Black/ Red Type R mats.

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT Centre Console

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT Centre Console-2

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT Centre

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT Dash

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT Drivers Door

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT Interior Dash

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT interior-Drivers

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT Interior-passenger

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT Passenger Door

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT HVAC nobs

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT Interior Dash- Passenger

Last edited:
OP
OP
CanadaHondaGuy
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport CVT
Country flag
Also along the way, I replaced my Honda logo's with a set from JDM, and I've seen a lot of guys also do the pin-stripping on their lower spoilers (skirts?), so I gave that a shot last week...

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT Pinstriping- back

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT Pinstriping- front

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT Pinstriping- side

OP
OP
CanadaHondaGuy
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport CVT
Country flag
And with winter coming soon, I got a set of Toyo Observe Garit KX Winter Tires, mounted on my black chrome 2017 Civic summer rims, since the 2017 met with its unfortunate demise when I had my winter wheels on it.)

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT Winters-mounted

Last edited:
OP
OP
CanadaHondaGuy
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport CVT
Country flag
Next up...

I've already ordered some new side marker lights, and I'd really like to add some red rim protectors, but for some reason, I can't find any in Canada anywhere. I know I can get them in the USA, but the companies selling them are either not shipping to Canada or charging stupid rates and with the borders closed right now, (FU Covid-19), I can't order them to my US shipping address and go on a weekend road trip to pick them up along with a set of Rixxu seat covers... #sigh

OP
OP
CanadaHondaGuy
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport CVT
Country flag
Just need to wait for those borders to open so I can pick up my new seat covers!

Honda Civic 10th gen CanadaHondaGuy's 2020 Civic Sport Hatch Back CVT Seatcovers