Black Honda Civic Aesthetics

patrick.c03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Just bought a 2017 Honda Civic Ex stock and had an idea of Blacking it out. It isn't a car to fix up most likely a commute car till I can buy another. I switched the chrome grill for a black one and plastidipped the wheels (badly) to get an idea if I want black rims or not. Could use some help on what I should do to it or if even blacking out is the best idea. Don't cap on the plastidip job :bat:?

Honda Civic 10th gen Black Honda Civic Aesthetics 20200919_154931

Honda Civic 10th gen Black Honda Civic Aesthetics 20201005_063646

Honda Civic 10th gen Black Honda Civic Aesthetics Snapchat-866730233

Honda Civic 10th gen Black Honda Civic Aesthetics 20200919_154920

Honda Civic 10th gen Black Honda Civic Aesthetics 20200907_175446

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Congrats on the car, the black grill makes a big difference. The next logical steps would be to get rid of the chrome on the window trim and get some smoked side markers. Black oem wheels would look good and personally I would rethink the plastidipped(?) H emblem. If you look at other black Civics you can get some ideas on what to do, like this one: https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...-spirited-driving-la-socal.36917/#post-613838

We won't talk about the plasti dipped wheels :D

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
I guess Iā€™m the only one here that likes the chrome lol. To me the murdered out look is better suited for big muscle cars like challengers. I was even going to get a strip for the bottom door panels but I refrained. Also a tint guy told me no matter how you do the side trim it will come off over time so Iā€™m not gonna risk that. I spent a lot of time picking out rims to match the chrome think it turned out ok.

Honda Civic 10th gen Black Honda Civic Aesthetics 480FE8F0-A52E-4962-BFF7-015D146D8301

OP
OP

patrick.c03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Congrats on the car, the black grill makes a big difference. The next logical steps would be to get rid of the chrome on the window trim and get some smoked side markers. Black oem wheels would look good and personally I would rethink the plastidipped(?) H emblem. If you look at other black Civics you can get some ideas on what to do, like this one: https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...-spirited-driving-la-socal.36917/#post-613838

The front H I just haven't replaced. I broke the rivets on the last one and just haven't gotten another lol. And I was debating keeping some chrome and making side markers white?

OP
OP

patrick.c03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I guess Iā€™m the only one here that likes the chrome lol. To me the murdered out look is better suited for big muscle cars like challengers. I was even going to get a strip for the bottom door panels but I refrained. Also a tint guy told me no matter how you do the side trim it will come off over time so Iā€™m not gonna risk that. I spent a lot of time picking out rims to match the chrome think it turned out ok.

480FE8F0-A52E-4962-BFF7-015D146D8301.jpeg
This is what I was debating is if I should do chrome rims and keep something other than all black to make it pop. You had a point about all black for some reason with this car it looks goofy sometimes

OP
OP

patrick.c03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag

Also seeing that hatch makes me favor the hatch better ? I knew I should open for that instead. I instead opted for the basic slow life car?

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
This is what I was debating is if I should do chrome rims and keep something other than all black to make it pop. You had a point about all black for some reason with this car it looks goofy sometimes
What's funny is I noticed this new civic rendering has (almost) the same wheels - I was ahead of my time!

Honda Civic 10th gen Black Honda Civic Aesthetics unnamed

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

480FE8F0-A52E-4962-BFF7-015D146D8301.jpeg
Those wheels are beautiful on your car it's a good choice...very classy....the sedan looks good in classy...most people like the sportier meaner look and removing all the chrome does make the car look very dramatic...but I love yours like that indeed.

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
Those wheels are beautiful on your car it's a good choice...very classy....the sedan looks good in classy...most people like the sportier meaner look and removing all the chrome does make the car look very dramatic...but I love yours like that indeed.
Thanks I love the little red tow hook next to the fog light! Also, If trump gets re-elected do you have any rooms for rent in your house ;)

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Both styles look good on our cars. I figure if you're going with blacked out wheels then the chrome window trim should go.

The front H I just haven't replaced. I broke the rivets on the last one and just haven't gotten another lol. And I was debating keeping some chrome and making side markers white?
Ahhh so that's what it was :oops:. Habanero has the right idea with the chrome wheels that compliment the trim. As a possible idea, a set of used Sport wheels would be inexpensive and would look great with the jdm clear side markers on your car.

Also seeing that hatch makes me favor the hatch better ? I knew I should open for that instead. I instead opted for the basic slow life car?
The sedan looks great too. Nothing wrong with the slow(er) car life, my first car barely had triple digit HP!

What's funny is I noticed this new civic rendering has (almost) the same wheels - I was ahead of my time!
I thought they were Si wheels for a moment!

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
I thought they were Si wheels for a moment!
They are Toyota wheels. But mine are not $$$ not stock they are knock offs probably made of a heavier metal and my MPG took a hit no doubt- but the extra grip well worth the trade off the stock hankooks were a joke. I noticed a weird thing in that the tires dont screech/slide when taxed (like when you are on an off-ramp loop) they skip in little increments like an inch at a time not used to that.

Honda Civic 10th gen Black Honda Civic Aesthetics 2016toyotac-hrstat06

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
Full disclosure also you would never notice but -overall- the added touches I did add up to the whole. A trunk lip that was pre-painted to match the crystal black. Black brake calipers and the 2nd and 3rd pillar trim is gloss black not flat. I tried to "fix" the original pillar trim by using a plastic restoration product but messed it up.

Honda Civic 10th gen Black Honda Civic Aesthetics 4C44703D-911D-4C59-A33D-41933DCEE1FE[2980]

OP
OP

patrick.c03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Full disclosure also you would never notice but -overall- the added touches I did add up to the whole. A trunk lip that was pre-painted to match the crystal black. Black brake calipers and the 2nd and 3rd pillar trim is gloss black not flat. I tried to "fix" the original pillar trim by using a plastic restoration product but messed it up.

4C44703D-911D-4C59-A33D-41933DCEE1FE[2980].jpeg
I noticed the flat black on the middle pillars and didn't think much of it till I thought about changing it. Why would they make it not match in the first place? ?

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
I noticed the flat black on the middle pillars and didn't think much of it till I thought about changing it. Why would they make it not match in the first place? ?
Probably cost my infiniti has gloss black there but it was over $30k when new.
Sponsored