Official MODERN STEEL METALLIC Civic Thread

sarahb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
silverado
People don't like this color? I have a WOP but this color would be my second choice easily
Pedestrian and boring have been used to describe this color on this and various other threads lol
Sponsored

dmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
I just picked up my EX-T in MSM a few hours ago, and I for one really like the color (I waited for them to find the color in MSM). Color is something so subjective, all that really matters is a person's individual preference.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official MODERN STEEL METALLIC Civic Thread rWcCCSO

Honda Civic 10th gen Official MODERN STEEL METALLIC Civic Thread 30HdjB7

alika94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I just picked up my EX-T in MSM a few hours ago, and I for one really like the color (I waited for them to find the color in MSM). Color is something so subjective, all that really matters is a person's individual preference.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official MODERN STEEL METALLIC Civic Thread rWcCCSO

Honda Civic 10th gen Official MODERN STEEL METALLIC Civic Thread 30HdjB7
Very nice.

I really like this color whenever I see it in person, surprised there isn't more pages on this thread.

I have an ex-t in WOP but this would've been my 2nd option color wise

fanboyonly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Hello there, has anyone here actually seen in person and compared side by side which looks better CBP(Black) or the MSM(grey) im really torn choosing which one should I get, please advice and enlighten me. Im only to get LX(base) model btw.

I haven't seen them both personally as this car is very seldom here in my country, I think I haven't seen even one here in person and the Honda showroom here doesn't have stock what the have in the showroom is the Silver one as their display and White one for their test drive, and its not my taste. Their next shipment civic colors will be limited to White, Silver, Black, & Grey.

I'm only choosing between CBP & MSM hope there's someone here to help me decide.

Thanks in advance!

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
As someone who works at a Honda dealership, I will tell you that the black civics are dirt magnets. The Modern steel Metallic civics hide dirt very well. So unless you plan on washing your car daily, go with MSM

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
As someone who works at a Honda dealership, I will tell you that the black civics are dirt magnets. The Modern steel Metallic civics hide dirt very well. So unless you plan on washing your car daily, go with MSM
Yes! The color choice is too personal to take someone else's opinion on, but CBP is very hard to keep clean. I had it on my 6-speed Accord and I loved it. In my opinion on that body it was the best looking color, but it got dirty in a hurry. On the Civic X I obviously prefer the MSM as I paid extra and waited for delivery just to get it. In my opinion it is the only color that really brings the lines of this car to life and does them justice. But I have had and loved a few black pearl cars as well just think that they mute the design of the Civic a little. With my 7th gen Accord it was the opposite. Because it was a round car with no real crisp edges, the black flowed more organically. Same with my Lexus's, both the LS400 and SC400 looked boss in all black. Dark grey looks better with all the creases and waves that the Civic has in my opinion.

alika94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Hello there, has anyone here actually seen in person and compared side by side which looks better CBP(Black) or the MSM(grey) im really torn choosing which one should I get, please advice and enlighten me. Im only to get LX(base) model btw.

I haven't seen them both personally as this car is very seldom here in my country, I think I haven't seen even one here in person and the Honda showroom here doesn't have stock what the have in the showroom is the Silver one as their display and White one for their test drive, and its not my taste. Their next shipment civic colors will be limited to White, Silver, Black, & Grey.

I'm only choosing between CBP & MSM hope there's someone here to help me decide.

Thanks in advance!

I say go with the MSM.

Imo black is better for luxury cars, I don't care for it on hondas

hybrid81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
As stated, the MSM appears clean even when fairly dirty. This particular color, in my opinion, also gives the car a slightly more upscale look. With the right mods it can look like more of a luxury car then some of the other "pop" color options available.

As far as the "pedestrian" factor, I've personally always associated that term with silver Hondas of any make/model. After having a San Marino Red Accord Coupe and being a cop magnet for 5 years, the change in notice-ability (and not driving style), though, has been a truly wonderful thing.

Last edited:

hybrid81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, and here's my MSM. I've got the stainless steel lower window trim on order. I'll post a pick after it's received and installed. Think it'll be a mostly unnoticed mod that will still make the car look a lot better.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official MODERN STEEL METALLIC Civic Thread ima

This is the lower trim I have on order. Any thoughts on how it looks?

alika94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Oh, and here's my MSM. I've got the stainless steel lower window trim on order. I'll post a pick after it's received and installed. Think it'll be a mostly unnoticed mod that will still make the car look a lot better.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

This is the lower trim I have on order. Any thoughts on how it looks?

image.jpeg
I like it looks clean since you already have the touring with the extra chrome accents

Tsturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MDX Advance SH-AWD, 2018 TLX 2.4 w/8DCT
Country flag
Looks great
I am going between MSM, OWP and LSM in Touring trim....all look great, HELP!!

I have a soft spot for OWP, very classy!
LSM also great but spouse has an MDX in Palladium Silver...love the color but don't want to be twins on color.

My uncle has a new RDX in MSM, nice color but was not Super impressed on that color on the RDX.

Help! Pleeze!!!

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Go to the dealer lot and look at actual cars on their lot.

Certain colours look certain ways from certain angles, and a few photos online and subjective opinions from strangers is not the best way to choose the colour of something you'll hopefully drive for years.

For example, WOP is a nice colour but the little gash between the hood and chrome grill is accented in WOP. I didn't like that.

hybrid81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
MSM is a safe pick. If you're not really looking for attention, it might be the best pick.