Deer hits Civic... Ugh...

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
@Civic_Honey627 Did you not know the 2016 Civics automatically spray 'smelling salts' into the cabin when you faint? It's part of the safety features!
I think sport mode does that too, I used it yesterday for the first time and it was great! :spaz:
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was heading to work one morning about a year and a half ago, doing 70-75 on the highway in what was nearly pitch black.

There was a freshly killed deer in the lane I was in, and at those speeds you have such a small window for reaction time. So within a split second I had to decide - do I try to brake hard and swerve around it, or aim it in between the wheels so (hopefully) the car clears it?

I chose the latter option - made a godawful sound, somehow didn't lose control of the car. Pulled over afterwards to check for damage, I'm thinking the front end is completely decimated from the way it sounded. No damage to the body. When I got to work and checked it in the daytime a few hours later, you could see the carnage. That deer had to have been smeared all over the road when I was done. Ripped off a few underbody panels and shields, blood everywhere underneath the car, in the back wheels, and even some on the rear bumper. Chunks of deer embedded into the rear suspension.

I have no idea how that car ('07 Fusion) withstood that. Had it inspected a few days later - no damage whatsoever, didn't even screw up the alignment. I was lucky.

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was heading to work one morning about a year and a half ago, doing 70-75 on the highway in what was nearly pitch black.

There was a freshly killed deer in the lane I was in, and at those speeds you have such a small window for reaction time. So within a split second I had to decide - do I try to brake hard and swerve around it, or aim it in between the wheels so (hopefully) the car clears it?

I chose the latter option - made a godawful sound, somehow didn't lose control of the car. Pulled over afterwards to check for damage, I'm thinking the front end is completely decimated from the way it sounded. No damage to the body. When I got to work and checked it in the daytime a few hours later, you could see the carnage. That deer had to have been smeared all over the road when I was done. Ripped off a few underbody panels and shields, blood everywhere underneath the car, in the back wheels, and even some on the rear bumper. Chunks of deer embedded into the rear suspension.

I have no idea how that car ('07 Fusion) withstood that. Had it inspected a few days later - no damage whatsoever, didn't even screw up the alignment. I was lucky.
Whoa! How you managed to clear a deer under your Fusion is nothing short of amazing, man. I freak when I drive over a soda can! LOL.

LimeyDi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.limeydi.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
Looks like the 2nd of my deer collisions (Dutchess County NY about 20 years ago) ... buck jumped down onto my car on a narrow road from above a stone wall at the edge of a wood ... wrecked the front end, deer skidded away and disappeared. I drive in Vermont more now and hope to avoid moose because moose, to quote a NY cabbie from a few years back, would be twice as worse.

Civic_Honey627

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks like the 2nd of my deer collisions (Dutchess County NY about 20 years ago) ... buck jumped down onto my car on a narrow road from above a stone wall at the edge of a wood ... wrecked the front end, deer skidded away and disappeared. I drive in Vermont more now and hope to avoid moose because moose, to quote a NY cabbie from a few years back, would be twice as worse.
Vermont has moose!!!????

Danny Boy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I hit a fawn in 2009 with my brand new FX35x. The car cut the fawn in two halves. The bottom half landed between my legs and steering wheel. You can see it at the back of the car. Blood, hair, venison and guts all over the inside of the car like a bomb just went off. My glasses was all red with blood. Luckily I only had a few cuts by broken glass on my forearms.

The interior of the G37x was completely replaced at $14K.

Thank God my time was not up and I live to tell the story.

Honda Civic 10th gen Deer hits Civic... Ugh... {filename}

Honda Civic 10th gen Deer hits Civic... Ugh... P310810_09.52_[01]

Honda Civic 10th gen Deer hits Civic... Ugh... leung infinity rbc 007

Honda Civic 10th gen Deer hits Civic... Ugh... leung infinity rbc 012

Last edited:
OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hit a fawn in 2009 with my brand new FX35x. The car cut the fawn in two halves. The bottom half landed between my legs and steering wheel. You can see it at the back of the car. Blood, hair, venison and guts all over the inside of the car like a bomb just went off. My glasses was all red with blood. Luckily I only had a few cuts by broken glass on my forearms.

Can't see the first 3 pics but maybe that's not a bad thing. Glad you're okay though!

Also, is it wrong that I'm admiring your alloy wheels?

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

:puke:

Wow. That's a gruesome scene. Glad you were okay. Too bad for the fawn though. That looked like a painful death. Can't believe the whole interior had to be replaced though. Rightfully so in this case.

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Regrettably, hitting a moose is deadly because they are tall and often flip into your windshield when hit. Even driving an SUV will not protect you.

Civic_Honey627

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
sO rumor has it, I have yet to see one after frequent visits over 13 years ... but I have seen a black bear; those we also have in New Jersey ..
Omg NOOOOOOOOO! :fear:

udrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
The insurance company has got back to me, there is $16,000 damage to the car so they are going to total it. There was $9000 in body damage and the hood hit the computer I think and ripped the wiring harness off it, destroying the harness. Hopefully I will have another civic soon, although it is a little tempting to wait to see if the 2017 models have the standard transmission with the turbo engine.

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
I've seen some bucks almost as big as an Elk before, so it could cause this much damage if it was big enough. We also don't know how fast he was driving. Definitely possible. My uncle hit a large deer in his pickup while doing 70 and it destroyed the whole front end. :dunno:
Sponsored