RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
My feed to the port injection is T off the feed line to the HP pump ~75 psi rail pressure. Im betting i run out of pump before i make any real power. I hate cheap chinese style pumps-aero, dw,grams,hondata.. seen them all fail.. new, used, 2 weeks old.. you name it. i think i will continue to use the factory pump and convert it to low low pressure feed and run a surge tank with the built in pump/ regulator similar to Ty. A Radium surge tank with a 450 walbro should feed everything i can make with a 7163.
yea i plan on getting the new PRL P600 when it drops in the future.

wait so its T'd before the HP Pump? so PI is being fed directly from the LP intank Pump?

i've never messed with PI in the past so i might be wrong/overlooking something, unless going for monster numbers, would upgrading to the XDI HPFP and T the PI off of that be Viable? basically have the upgraded HPFP feed both primary and PI injectors? (idk the duty cycle on it so might even fun out of fuel that way too)
Sponsored

OP
OP
turbociv910

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
yea i plan on getting the new PRL P600 when it drops in the future.

wait so its T'd before the HP Pump? so PI is being fed directly from the LP intank Pump?

i've never messed with PI in the past so i might be wrong/overlooking something, unless going for monster numbers, would upgrading to the XDI HPFP and T the PI off of that be Viable? basically have the upgraded HPFP feed both primary and PI injectors? (idk the duty cycle on it so might even fun out of fuel that way too)
yes, the pictures show the T after the ethanol sensor. (off the factory feed line).

I dont need to touch my direct injection parts, leave them all oem. Any necessary fuel needed that the high pressure pump cant produce can be taken up by port injection, automatically by the motec. My setup is to run direct injection to 80% in boost, 100% in vacuum.. then put the rest of the fuel needed through the port injections.

The high pressure pump only feeds direct injectors. Port injectors cant run with the pressure it produces, roughly 3000 psi. The reason why it is T before the high pressure pump is that the factory LOW pressure pump runs 80 psi at the outlet of the pump. Its about 77 by the time it reaches the rail. 77 psi is ok for port injectors.

Hope this helps

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yes, the pictures show the T after the ethanol sensor. (off the factory feed line).

I dont need to touch my direct injection parts, leave them all oem. Any necessary fuel needed that the high pressure pump cant produce can be taken up by port injection, automatically by the motec. My setup is to run direct injection to 80% in boost, 100% in vacuum.. then put the rest of the fuel needed through the port injections.

The high pressure pump only feeds direct injectors. Port injectors cant run with the pressure it produces, roughly 3000 psi. The reason why it is T before the high pressure pump is that the factory LOW pressure pump runs 80 psi at the outlet of the pump. Its about 77 by the time it reaches the rail. 77 psi is ok for port injectors.

Hope this helps
Dropping knowledge! Helps a ton! I'll definitely be bugging you in the future. Thanks

OP
OP
turbociv910

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ethanol content sensor wired and calibrated.. time to put the port injection to work

IMG_20200803_190723_707.jpg
With the Motec can you set up the port Injection to only kick in at a higher RPM like say 4500 and it stays off below that?

OP
OP
turbociv910

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
With the Motec can you set up the port Injection to only kick in at a higher RPM like say 4500 and it stays off below that?
Yes, I can apply contributions by boost pressure or rpm using a 3d table. I have it off in all of vacuum. Then ramp it fully on by 20 psi

OP
OP
turbociv910

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What im currently working with. Ive never done a car with port and DI but this is my best guess to start off.

Remember This is %, not duty cycle . So at full boost Im getting 40% of my needed fuel through the port injection, 60% through the direct injection. The higher the power the higher these numbers will end up to keep the DI pump happy . Under 80% pump is my goal but looks like its a non issue to run 90-95% DI pump duty.

Honda Civic 10th gen Taylors 2020 Type R -713WHP-Motec- G30 Turbo Capture.JPG

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What im currently working with. Ive never done a car with port and DI but this is my best guess to start off.

Remember This is %, not duty cycle . So at full boost Im getting 40% of my needed fuel through the port injection, 60% through the direct injection. The higher the power the higher these numbers will end up to keep the DI pump happy . Under 80% pump is my goal but looks like its a non issue to run 90-95% DI pump duty.

Capture.JPG
It's looking good! I'm still researching the syvec PI route and they have some great help videos on line. But I would basically want something like this but 75-80% duty cycle on the DI and the rest off PI. It's shouldn't be too bad at 90% (I believe stock DI is somewhere around 85+% iirc)

OP
OP
turbociv910

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Got a base line- didn't touch cam angles but tried a few timing changes. 26 psi and 12 degrees roughly. Needs a downpipe and intercooler.
Honda Civic 10th gen Taylors 2020 Type R -713WHP-Motec- G30 Turbo IMG_20200816_113151_248

Last edited:

OP
OP
turbociv910

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Were you knocking above 12 degrees? Was this dialed back?
Picked up a tiny bit on cyl 3 at 13, backed it down. Boost ~26 ish. Cam timing way different than hondata base map. Wanted to test but didn't want to take up more time. Full race turbo next week anyway

OP
OP
turbociv910

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You already had the turbo, so is this just the kit?
Yes, I bought the turbo from a buddy who is a parts distributor. Got it a little cheaper
Sponsored