Do you ever feel it's a waste to build your Si?

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
So I’m thinking about getting the ktuner with the phearable tune. Do you know if you can buy the ktuner and get that tune included? Also did you notice a huge difference between stock and tuned?
Yes, on Phearable website, tune without god mode is included.
Sponsored

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
I decided to stop building my civic a few months back. My original plan was the car was to do full bolt-ons, and slowly start building another L15 to throw into the car once its paid off. But I decided not to, cuz I kinda wanna switch over to the RWD side lol. Don't get me wrong, I love my civic, but I feel like I'm missing something in a car haha

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Nothing better than having a nice car that is paid off. I love that feeling!!!I traded out of my Tucson that was paid off for the Si but I got a good trade in on it so I only owe 10K and am gonna pay that off as quick as I can.
Absolutely an amazing feeling. All 3 of mine are paid off. My only debt is my mortgage but with how much equity I have in the home after 12 years of living it, I'm not sweatin' it one bit :)

vieux georges

First Name
georges
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017civic si coupe
Country flag
As I mentioned above, I wanted the Si , I was the first
to get it in Saint Jerome and I paid cash.
I could have gotten the CTR and paid cash for it.
If I have bought the CTR, I would also modified the car.
I always liked to modify the cars.
Two years ago, we gave the original ECU for a visit
to the dealer; it's incredible, I felt like driving a Toyota Celica !
Everyone is free to modify or not but, for me, it's
like a necessity.
If you can, try an SI that has 40 or 50 WHP and 120 or 130 WTQ more
and you will see the difference and the pleasure.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
As I mentioned above, I wanted the Si , I was the first
to get it in Saint Jerome and I paid cash.
I could have gotten the CTR and paid cash for it.
If I have bought the CTR, I would also modified the car.
I always liked to modify the cars.
Two years ago, we gave the original ECU for a visit
to the dealer; it's incredible, I felt like driving a Toyota Celica !
Everyone is free to modify or not but, for me, it's
like a necessity.
If you can, try an SI that has 40 or 50 WHP and 120 or 130 WTQ more
and you will see the difference and the pleasure.
130 more WTQ is really asking for a bent rod, unless you're making it above 4k. I think the sweet spot is 300WHP/280-290WTQ for longevity and performance.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
130 more WTQ is really asking for a bent rod, unless you're making it above 4k. I think the sweet spot is 300WHP/280-290WTQ for longevity and performance.
Im sitting at about that trq range and its awesome. I'm still on stock clutch, with very little issues it tends to slip a tiny bit if I shift hard around 7k rpm. So, I tend to not do many pulls that hit limiter

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Im sitting at about that trq range and its awesome. I'm still on stock clutch, with very little issues it tends to slip a tiny bit if I shift hard around 7k rpm. So, I tend to not do many pulls that hit limiter
Which mods do you have?

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
If you’re still on stock turbo there’s no real benefit revving the engine to 7k. Sounds like you have raised the limiter. Stock turbo runs out of steam before 6k

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
when you get old like me you really don't want to mod. I just love driving manuals and so I took a 3,000 mile trip to Houston to ask Scotty Kilmer some car questions, spent a day in a half in a very nice hotel in downtown Houston and then back here to Lost Wages. Even though everything on my Si is stock it is a blast to drive, especially the long drive from Amarillo to Kingman, AZ!

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
If you’re still on stock turbo there’s no real benefit revving the engine to 7k. Sounds like you have raised the limiter. Stock turbo runs out of steam before 6k
I did. Surprisingly, it actually does give and extra oomph ngl. I thought it would fall on it's face as well, but on the contrary.

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's definitely a different answer for every person. For me though, not really.

I bought my Si back in July of 2017, I'm sure I'm over the 10k mark but that is over the span of 3 years. I've enjoyed the experience and time spent planning and installing mods. I'm also the person who has had 20+ cars and none of them stayed stock long haha.

For me and my budget it was just easier for me to keep a lower payment and slowly making the car how I want it.

I don't feel it was a bad choice tho, when I look back every time I walk away from my car and get excited every time I pull her out of the garage, I know I made the right choice for me.

Besides, I make more power then a stock R anyhow, haha! Dyno time tomorrow to see what she does, can't wait!

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
It's definitely a different answer for every person. For me though, not really.

I bought my Si back in July of 2017, I'm sure I'm over the 10k mark but that is over the span of 3 years. I've enjoyed the experience and time spent planning and installing mods. I'm also the person who has had 20+ cars and none of them stayed stock long haha.

For me and my budget it was just easier for me to keep a lower payment and slowly making the car how I want it.

I don't feel it was a bad choice tho, when I look back every time I walk away from my car and get excited every time I pull her out of the garage, I know I made the right choice for me.

Besides, I make more power then a stock R anyhow, haha! Dyno time tomorrow to see what she does, can't wait!
I am curious to know what mods you've done and see the dyno results. Please make a thread or something lol.

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am curious to know what mods you've done and see the dyno results. Please make a thread or something lol.
List of mods I believe have been updated on my garage profile if you want to check it out. More pics on Insta, will upload dyno sheet there tomorrow, follow @ shawn_stephen_84

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I looked at both, could've afforded either, and it came down to the fact that...

I feel GOOD when I drive the Si, I feel GOOD about paying $25k for it, and I mod it because I feel GOOD when I do car stuff.

I would feel AMAZING when driving a Type-R, but STRESSED about maintaining it, and RELUCTANT to put miles on it, etc.
Sponsored