2019 CPB Hatchback Sport 6MT - daily spirited driving (LA, socal)

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Since you baby your car I'm sure the cvt will last a long time. Even if you wanted to WOT for whatever reason, the cvt should be happy as long as you smoothly apply throttle instead of stabbing the pedal

I think the oil dilution fix was pretty much an ecu flash right? Like the only difference between the 16-18 and 19-20 models is that the 19-20 models shipped out with the update, and the 16-18 models required a dealer visit to get the update. Either way oil dilution still seems like an inherent issue with the engine even with the fix

I have no idea what Honda did to fix the oil issue, physical changes or an ECU flash. Overall, it's a great car, utility, great mpg, reliability..etc.
Sponsored

Monster4499

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5T
Country flag
How did you move the black plastic strip that holds the Honda emblem? I want to do the same thing with the super tones and I love the way yours looks

OP
OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
07/09/2020

Type R retrofitted clutch/flywheel installed by eman.

copypaste from thread

First impressions:

-No more heavy dmf wiggle, feels way more direct on/off the gas and shifting. Another effect is that the car feels smoother even with the 27won rmm because it's not jiggling around and "oscillating" the vibrations

-Obviously much lighter, still getting used to rev matching, can shift much faster

-Clutch pedal actually feels like something but isn't stiff, also engages closer to the floor

-Pretty sure this clutch will last the life of the vehicle even modded because it's an oem type R clutch

Also I immediately stalled the car going into 1st, I'm certain I heard Eman laugh at me but maybe he was laughing at something else :(

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 CPB Hatchback Sport 6MT - daily spirited driving (LA, socal) IMG_6881

same pic but further away
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 CPB Hatchback Sport 6MT - daily spirited driving (LA, socal) IMG_6880

Agr.Ben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LX Hatchback
Country flag
did you have trouble mounting your horns forward towards the grill? ive been looking to buy some but a in video i watched he had to turn them around because he couldnt fit the bumper back on. the car is looking really good tho!

S&B

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback, 1984 BMW 533i
Country flag
Do you have a link for the 3rd brake light flash mod?

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
01/03/2021

Was extremely bored this weekend and decided to put all my brake parts on. R1 concepts eline drilled/slotted rotors and ebc yellowstuff pads. One of the caliper bolts snapped right in half while putting it back on (the one on the guide pin, not the bracket) but thankfully autozone had replacements. I didn't admit this to anyone in person, but I think I accidentally TIGHTENED with my massive breaker bar when removing the very first bolt. The bolt was intact but then snapped when I put it back on, though I should have noticed it was deformed.

Another thing is that the front wheel studs have NO chance of coming out without further disassembly, it can be backed out a few mm before it hits the thing right behind it. So 5mm spacers - definitely not a cheap or quick mod. I think the rears had plenty of room, but I mainly wanted the spacers for the front so I'll just let it be.

IMG_8197.jpg

01/10/2021

Finished off the rear brakes. The rear piston has to be wound back with this weird cube thing and I had to buy a new wrench with a smaller drive because everything I have is 1/2 inch. While winding the piston back, the cheap oreilly ratchet wrench I bought last week just completely fell apart in my hands lol. Dumbfounded I took another trip to oreilly and they replaced it for free.

01/11/2021

Ride height is raised again, and from now on I'm never going lower than this again. I was smacking the ground way too often and the rmm actually gets slightly looser every time it scrapes the floor which is another thing to maintain. The coilovers are at 10 clicks now so everything feels softer as well. I love the stiff settings but I encounter way too many bumps on a daily basis to enjoy it properly lol. Also changed oil at 19100 miles with pup 5w30.

Picture of everything with the new ride height
IMG_8262.jpg

IMG_8265.jpg

IMG_8263.jpg

IMG_8266.jpg
where did you get your mudflaps?

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
01/27/2020

I finally removed the excess oil through the dipstick hole from the last oil change. I asked the shop to do the oil change since the car was gonna be on the lift anyways for the coilover adjustment but I think they put in all 4 quarts because the oil was over the top mark on the dipstick. I pulled out roughly 0.25 quarts plus whatever was left in the rubber tubing when I finished. Big thanks to @Gruber the director of The Institute for Advanced Study of Oil Dilution for his contribution to this subject.

I think I bought directly from rallyarmor's website but I'm not sure. Wherever you buy it from just make sure you don't get the cheap option since those are more fragile
@geeeek Did you have Oil Dilution Problems?

cvariable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Can you share where you picked up the chrome on black emblems?

Adrian

First Name
Munteanu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 9
Country flag
07/18/2020

Had the horns painted black and relocated as close together as possible in the middle. Barely see them anymore

IMG_7030.jpg

07/19/2020

Whiteline adjustable front end links installed, they're almost exactly an inch shorter.

IMG_7029.jpg

Had to reinstall the aero flap since it started drooping on the taillight portion, this time I did it in the sun to make sure the adhesive sets properly.

07/24/2020

Another sound has developed in the driver front but this time could be related to steering? Sort of a clicking noise but it seems more of a result of the car's weight shifting around even when driving straight. Clicks very often when driving on bumpy streets (which is everywhere). 80% click reproduction when I brake to a stop and the car settles back, and also when I'm stationary with the wheel turned 180* ccw and then pull quickly ccw again. Based on light research maybe something to do with the tie rods. Having it looked at on monday.
Use elinas file.

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
03/07/2021

I'm not sure those fit since my wheels have 73mm bore
Mine has a 72.5mm bore according to Enkei's website. I wonder if that .5mm will matter.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
03/07/2021

My ebc yellowstuff pads started squealing a lot below 15mph after getting warmed up. I ended up getting a free set of greenstuff from ebc (their yellowstuff is backordered). But after some research I realized all my issues were from improper break in/bedding of the pads. Long story short I drove on them "gently" for way too long before bedding them in and they glazed over. I figured with a fresh set of greenstuff I wouldn't bother trying to remove the glaze as some people try to do. So thanks ebc, and hopefully I never ruin a brand new set of pads again lol.
You can't take it easy on the EBC Yellows during brake-in, we did 10-12 hard slow downs from 55mph to 10mph last night

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
05/18/2021

Push started the car for the first time today. I want to leave the dashcam disconnected when the car sits for a few days but then I won't know who to go after if someone touches my car again like last year :mad:

06/13/2021

Another oil change at 23,000 miles with pup 5w30. Nothing going on lately except a bit of exterior detailing.
Have you installed the skirts? ???
Sponsored