Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Really like it so far, except for the third brake light cover keep falling off -__-
I notice some American owners comments about the third brake light cover falling off. Our Canadian models have a third brake light but it's inside on the rear windshield. Can you attach a PIC of yours?

Scottdh20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ex-t, 2003 honda s2000
Just took delivery yesterday...took a couple weeks for my dealership to locate one(actually i found it and informed the dealer who said none existed short of ordering it) my new ex-t with sensing

Honda Civic 10th gen Official AEGEAN BLUE Civic Thread 20160629_182657

Honda Civic 10th gen Official AEGEAN BLUE Civic Thread 20160629_182720

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
I notice some American owners comments about the third brake light cover falling off. Our Canadian models have a third brake light but it's inside on the rear windshield. Can you attach a PIC of yours?
It is on the inside , it just get too hot and the glue that holds the velcro doesn't stick and falls off.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmmm. Ours is on the bottom of the windshield.
I haven't had it happen, Canadian Touring Model here...

I guess I've been lucky with my Civic so far, short of having to have the bumpers re-painted due to factory defect.

What do you guys think about wrapping the Aegean Blue Metallic roof in vinyl? Was thinking either carbon fiber or black..leaning more towards the black.

Scottdh20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ex-t, 2003 honda s2000
I haven't had it happen, Canadian Touring Model here...

I guess I've been lucky with my Civic so far, short of having to have the bumpers re-painted due to factory defect.

What do you guys think about wrapping the Aegean Blue Metallic roof in vinyl? Was thinking either carbon fiber or black..leaning more towards the black.
i think it looks good when he windows are limo tinted almost like the roof flows into the rear window all being black

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wrapped mine with carbon. I like it. It's SUPER hard to get a good picture of with my cell phone tho. It was a pretty easy wrap. The drip rails and windshield have a rubber lip you can tuck your edge under.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wrapped mine with carbon. I like it. It's SUPER hard to get a good picture of with my cell phone tho. It was a pretty easy wrap. The drip rails and windshield have a rubber lip you can tuck your edge under.
That looks sweet! I'm thinking of going for a glossy carbon fibre look or the glossy black, and I think it would look fantastic on the blue. How did you install it yourself? Did you have help? The reason I ask is because I generally suck at installing these kind of things lol. And my nearest installer wants $300-$350 for just the roof. I wanted to do the chrome grill up front as well.

Just washed her and waxed her all up today. Nasty heat here today, was sweating buckets waxing my car. Took me over an hour but she looks good now!

Honda Civic 10th gen Official AEGEAN BLUE Civic Thread 20160630_134048
Honda Civic 10th gen Official AEGEAN BLUE Civic Thread 20160630_134059
Honda Civic 10th gen Official AEGEAN BLUE Civic Thread 20160630_134106
Honda Civic 10th gen Official AEGEAN BLUE Civic Thread 20160630_134837

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That looks sweet! I'm thinking of going for a glossy carbon fibre look or the glossy black, and I think it would look fantastic on the blue. How did you install it yourself? Did you have help? The reason I ask is because I generally suck at installing these kind of things lol. And my nearest installer wants $300-$350 for just the roof. I wanted to do the chrome grill up front as well.

Just washed her and waxed her all up today. Nasty heat here today, was sweating buckets waxing my car. Took me over an hour but she looks good now!

Honda Civic 10th gen Official AEGEAN BLUE Civic Thread {filename}
This is a gloss carbon vinyl I got off ebay for like $20 for a 5'x20' piece.

I did the wrap by myself and it wasn't the easiest thing I've ever done, but not horrible. I have some experience with vinyl, but this was my first roof wrap. I would def recommend having a second hand. $350-400 for a roof is an astronomical price if you ask me. It only took me about an hour to wrap mine by myself. If you decide to do vinyl, I can definitely create a write up on how to do it.

If you're looking for gloss black and a cheap DIY, I'd suggest plastidip. (I am the resident plastidip proponent here lol)

Blacking things out with dip is pretty easy, but can take a bit of practice to spray smooth with rattle cans (especially on a roof). If you have a paint sprayer tho, that's the way to do it. Dipyourcar.com just released their Dippearl Top Coat in spray cans tho. That stuff is amazing for gloss.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finnally got her washed after the most recent updates. Almost done I think lol
I like those rims and your fog light rings look great on there. :thumbsup: for another Michigan guy too!

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is a gloss carbon vinyl I got off ebay for like $20 for a 5'x20' piece.

I did the wrap by myself and it wasn't the easiest thing I've ever done, but not horrible. I have some experience with vinyl, but this was my first roof wrap. I would def recommend having a second hand. $350-400 for a roof is an astronomical price if you ask me. It only took me about an hour to wrap mine by myself. If you decide to do vinyl, I can definitely create a write up on how to do it.

If you're looking for gloss black and a cheap DIY, I'd suggest plastidip. (I am the resident plastidip proponent here lol)

Blacking things out with dip is pretty easy, but can take a bit of practice to spray smooth with rattle cans (especially on a roof). If you have a paint sprayer tho, that's the way to do it. Dipyourcar.com just released their Dippearl Top Coat in spray cans tho. That stuff is amazing for gloss.
I definitely wouldnt mind a write up if you dont mind doing it! As for the plastidip, i never really gave that much thought! I might look into that route. Ive never used it but that might be another option for sure.