2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures)

Osiris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L, 2014 Toyota Highlander, 2011 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I got the fog lights off of Amazon. They are SeriusLEDs. (SiriusLED H8 Size DRL Fog Light LED 30W 6000k Super Bright White Projection Bulb Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N5BAWYK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_k.Fvxb3N27M4P)
And...the headlights were the Opt7
Happened to have a chance to take pictures of my lights. Philips X-tremeVision LEDs are actually a log brighter than SeriusLEDs. it has the same beam pattern as stock fog lights.
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-X-tremeVision-LED-Fog-Lamp/dp/B00KTZB0EQ

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) IMG_0680.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) IMG_0685.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) IMG_0687.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) IMG_0688.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) IMG_0689.JPG

yofrank12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic EX-L
Question for people who bought the Opt7 LED highlight :

Do any of you guys have any update about the quality of the lights? Any heating problems or what so ever?

Thanks guys!

Osiris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got the fogs installed. I think the halogen bulbs would have been more functional. From the pics of my beams on the garage door it looks like the originals had a thin focused beam, where the LEDs (Sirius) are just big circles being shot out in every direction. But...I like the cool white coloring. Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) ima

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) ima

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) ima

OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Got the fogs installed. I think the halogen bulbs would have been more functional. From the pics of my beams on the garage door it looks like the originals had a thin focused beam, where the LEDs (Sirius) are just big circles being shot out in every direction. But...I like the cool white coloring. image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
That's exactly what i got from the Sirius LEDs. liked the lights but want it to be functional too. Philips has the same focused beam pattern like OEM fogs, but the only down side is the price. I think it's def something you can keep in mind if you ever want to try different lights in the future.

thank you for posting. This post would help a lot of people on fog light shopping.

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Got the fogs installed. I think the halogen bulbs would have been more functional. From the pics of my beams on the garage door it looks like the originals had a thin focused beam, where the LEDs (Sirius) are just big circles being shot out in every direction. But...I like the cool white coloring. image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
your car looks soo good man.. i really want to get an LED kit for my ex-t and might end up getting this opt7 that you have... how difficult would you rate the installation for a newbie... 1-10.. 10 being the hardest

DCflpz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan - Modern Steel Metallic
The opt7 LEDs have fans installed to aid in the cooling, right? I've read that some people actually hear the fans while in their cars. Did anyone else notice this?

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
The opt7 LEDs have fans installed to aid in the cooling, right? I've read that some people actually hear the fans while in their cars. Did anyone else notice this?
if i can hear the fans over the car engine noise then that sounds horrible... i can't imagine hearing it that loudly over the idling.. can anyone with the opt7 kit confirm this?

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Happened to have a chance to take pictures of my lights. Philips X-tremeVision LEDs are actually a log brighter than SeriusLEDs. it has the same beam pattern as stock fog lights.
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-X-tremeVision-LED-Fog-Lamp/dp/B00KTZB0EQ

IMG_0680.JPG
IMG_0685.JPG
IMG_0687.JPG
IMG_0688.JPG
IMG_0689.JPG
I've been saying this for awhile with the Philips LED XtremeVision vs the standard LED. If you just want the look go with the the standard LED. If you want usable light go with Philips. If you want less expensive LED with usable light go with Cree ETI bulbs.

Osiris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've been saying this for awhile with the Philips LED XtremeVision vs the standard LED. If you just want the look go with the the standard LED. If you want usable light go with Philips. If you want less expensive LED with usable light go with Cree ETI bulbs.
I think the Sirius fogs are blinding people since it shoots in all directions. Look at these pics; one with dogs off and one with fogs on. The fog lights are shining over the headlights.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's exactly what i got from the Sirius LEDs. liked the lights but want it to be functional too. Philips has the same focused beam pattern like OEM fogs, but the only down side is the price. I think it's def something you can keep in mind if you ever want to try different lights in the future.

thank you for posting. This post would help a lot of people on fog light shopping.
I ordered my Philips from PepBoys online with store pick up and 20% coupon in February. There is a promo most of the time on their website which lowers the cost. I also saw a generic bulb with similar design for $50 on Amazon. Not suse if it works the same though.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) Screenshot_20160607-185535

Osiris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
your car looks soo good man.. i really want to get an LED kit for my ex-t and might end up getting this opt7 that you have... how difficult would you rate the installation for a newbie... 1-10.. 10 being the hardest
Someone with no experience; maybe a 4. I had a hard time getting the plastic fasteners to pop out of the bottom panels even after watching tutorials. I hate those little plastic button fasteners; I'm use to just nuts and bolts. Also, the headlights were really tight and the wires did not have a lot of wiggle room. I was paranoid about breaking them; My last car, I broke the headlight connector in my hand and that was a mess trying to splice a new wire harness. The fog lights are not as tight and come out easier.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think the Sirius fogs are blinding people since it shoots in all directions. Look at these pics; one with dogs off and one with fogs on. The fog lights are shining over the headlights.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
It's the front firing LEDs on these fog lighto. It's like a flashlight instead of fully utilizing the reflector like the Philips does.
Sponsored