UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build.....

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For the past year I had been driving a 2018 1.5T Sport Hatchback finished in Rallye Red. At the time of purchasing the Sonic Grey Pearl was only available as a factory order with a long build time and wouldn't have qualified for the £6k extra discount that was currently on offer. Fast forward 9 months and I decided to trade the 2018 in for a 2019 seeing that my dealer was offering the same deal that I had been offered for the 2018. So I pulled the trigger....

In the UK we have the Sport model and the Sport Plus, with the Sport Plus costing over £3k more options such as heated seats, day/night mirror, push start button, premium audio (yet no subwoofer), adaptive suspension and glass roof. There are more extras but these are the main. My thinking was to buy the same Sport model, save the £3k and put that money towards some modifications. So here we go....

This picture shows my vehicle at the dealer after having it's PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) but waiting for it's pre-handover valet...

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... xFPkE2auTmSdEq2XTl59Uw

In the run up to trading my 2018, I had lots of retro fitted accessories that needed removing so they could be fitted to the 2019. My great and long standing trade relationship with my dealer meant that I was allowed to swap out the Acuity stainless shift boot collar and my JDM centre console red LED lighting kit. Both of these parts required some modification to the original factory parts. The standard leather gearknob required the factory tabs that allowed the plastic chrome gaitor collar fit together to be removed. Likewise the centre console left and right lower trim panels required drilling to allow the LED strips to be attached. At this point it made perfect sense to fit my trims from my 2018 directly to the 2019 and vice versa fit the new trims back to my trade in. Result all back to factory.

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... o6y2hyA%T0m%wCiRrViFvA

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... MiHkiRYxRYuNpQK1e37EdA

I left the dealership only to be returning later that week to to pick up the Sonic Grey Pearl......

Last edited:
OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Let the modding begin (I will list the part numbers of the parts used below)...

I had pre arranged delivery of a genuine upper boot spoiler, a pair of US spec amber side markers, Canadian spec 'Turbo' decal and a JDM set of black chrome 'Civic' and 'H' badges. The boot spoiler was came factory painted and was a very easy installation and took a maximum of 10 minutes to fit.

Swapping out the front bumper grille 'H' badge required the front bumper removing. As a result I started on the rear and thought I'd get back to the front end later that day.

The rear 'Civic' and 'H' badges were very straight forward to remove. The badges and the adhesive tape came off very easily unlike when I did the same job on my 2018. With a little patience and with the help of some Maguiars detailing spray and clay bar the old adhesive was cleaning and safely removed without damaging the paint. The JDM badges come supplied with precept adhesive tape from the factory and the 'Civic' badge came supplied with a foam spacing tool to ensure perfect alignment. Finally I installed the Canadian spec 'Turbo' decal. Again a very easy install as the decal comes supplied with a clear front film that has positioning markers on it and is disposed off after install is completed.

Next I decided to tackle the front 'H' badge and the side markers. The US spec side markers fit perfectly but the supplied bulb holders are different on US models compared to the Euro spec ones. This was an easy fix as I used the original bulb holders and just swapped out the bulbs. The multi plug on the loom is different on US and Euro models, therefore you need the to use the bulb holder that fits the loom.

With the new side markers all installed it was time to tackle the grille badge. I had already fitted one to my 2018 and so I knew what I was in store for. The bumper removal is very easy if not just a little bit fiddly. This is due to the amount of various clips, screws and fasteners that have to be removed from both the top under the bonnet and below by the under tray. As to be expected despite very careful removal of the clips, inevitably a few broke. I had already ordered from my dealer a selection of each style in preparation.

Once the bumper has been removed a slight disassembly of the grille garnish was then required to access the badge rear spire fixing round clips. Reassembly was in the total reverse but make sure you reconnect any multi-plugs that you disconnect such as for the fog lamps and front parking sensors (where fitted).

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... 3ILgMGf0Tm2SLX9a3Jstrw

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... 2o2nTvutSBO1TQqDpBH9pQ

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... K45XQKiJRMeG99vpAtwQa

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... MfsSNpkTRb25BYXnEDgpm

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... fullsizeoutput_501

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... NHH6v37gRyyBZic5g9QPr

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... sebT%CRiQjueJl9cr3uKiA

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... Screenshot 2019-06-25 at 07.13.52

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... Screenshot 2019-06-25 at 07.12.49

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... Screenshot 2019-06-25 at 07.11.32

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... Screenshot 2019-06-25 at 07.11.47

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... Screenshot 2019-06-25 at 07.11.59

JDM Black Chrome Badge Kit 098F20-TGG-000
Canadian Spec 'Turbo' Decal 75717-TGG-C01
Boot Spoiler (finished in Sonic Grey Pearl) 08F02-TGL-6K0
US Spec Pair of Amber Side Markers 33800-TBA-A02 and 33850-TBA-A02

More to follow tomorrow.

Stephen

Last edited:

OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Following on from my last post I forgot to mention that whilst the bumper was off I installed my JDM Yellow LED fog lamp kit. These were previously fitted to my 2018 but had only been on for 5k miles or so. A quick clean up to remove the bugs and they looked just like new again. Seeing as I was upgrading from halogen to LED then the conversion harnesses were required to convert the multi plugs on the factory loom to mate up with the different multi plug on the LED lamp....

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... fullsizeoutput_5118

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... fullsizeoutput_5114

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... s+CU5IWrSMGHLvm0cL6FZ

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... Screenshot 2019-06-25 at 06.58.23

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... Screenshot 2019-06-25 at 06.58.50

JDM Yellow Fog Lamps 08V31-E3J-D00
JDM Halogen to LED conversion looms 08V38-T6G-B00

Stephen

Last edited:
OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Next was a trip down to see Phil at Dream Automotive to have my Titan7 TS-5's fitted. The recommendation from Titan7 was the following specification for the FK7....

18 x 8.5J 5x114.3 +44 offset

Finished in Satin Titanium. Supplied complete with tyre valves and optional centre caps.

Opted for Michelin Pilot Sport 4's in 245/40R18

Lastly fitted a locally sourced set of black aftermarket wheel bolts and standard aftermarket locking nuts. These are a temporary solution as I have a set of Project Kits Monolith T1 NeoChrome on order which should be with me in around 4 weeks time.

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... ousHNDwwSJSiNNYDyUvU3

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... brcBxvk3QtOycMpSY2+x5w

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... Pk+X4Y7RRpCfIDg3k%NP4Q

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... fullsizeoutput_50ed

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... W1NIxnV9TKaqt7SUxPuo+

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... fullsizeoutput_50ea

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... fullsizeoutput_50e8

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... rxt9iAazTl2zXWTe6HxA1Q

View attachment 159442

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... img_2D_0003

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:
OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After the Titan7 wheels went on it was very obvious that some serious lowering will be required. A quick chat will Phil at Dream Automotive confirmed my thoughts that an HKS coilover set would be perfect, especially seeing that he runs an HKS set up on his FK8 Time Attack CTR.

After referring tho the HKS website https://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/pickup-car/civic/index.html it became apparent that there are two different kits available for the 1.5T. These are:

80230-AH009 (Front knuckle's insertion dia.:φ52)

and

80230-AH008 (Front knuckle's insertion dia.:φ50.5)

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... Screenshot 2019-06-25 at 23.32.12

View attachment 159617

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... Screenshot 2019-06-25 at 23.49.10

Which knuckle diameter do I have? I contacted my local dealer and they checked the Honda EPC. The response was that they didn't know. I asked them to forward my enquiry onto Honda Parts Technical (I used to be a Parts Manager for a dealership) and they quickly replied with 52.13mm. Great service form Honda!

So I established that I would require kit 0230-AH009 and preceded to search online. I relayed this information to Dream Automotive and they contacted HKS to check the availability. Their response is that that part number 80230-AH009 has yet to arrive in the UK at HKS Europe and to date I am still waiting for HKS to confirm what date, if any the kit will be available for purchase. In the mean time I will patiently wait as I wish to fit the best and wouldn't want to choose a lesser quality product just to get something fitted quickly....

Stephen

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:
OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Quick update.

Suspension

After many conversations with HKS Europe it was determined that the kit I require for my FK7 has yet to be ordered or sold in Europe. HKS Japan confirmed they had the kit in stock and Dream Automotive policed an order for me. ETA around 3 weeks.

Stephen

Last edited:

OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now the suspension has been arranged it is now time to move onto the Big Brake Kit. I had already made up my mind that the 27WON BBK was the right kit for my project. Build quality of product is the main deciding factor but also value for money plays a big part. I looked into the Spoon calipers and they were just too expensive (over £3000 which does not include discs, pads, fitting kit or stainless brake lines).

After many emails back and forth with Vincent at 27WON I placed my order for the Signature Orange kit and am now waiting for them to come in from the USA. I chose Orange as eve though the Stealth Black look great, I wanted a colour that would compliment the Sonic Grey Pearl paint and Titan7 wheels. Didn't like the option of Red as it reminds me too much of the Type R theme and my goal is to have a project car that doesn't mimic the CTR.

Very excited for the arrival.....

Stephen

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... Screenshot 2019-07-13 at 23.16.25

DarkKitarist

Hyped for Cyberpunk 2077
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kaihatsu-sha.eu
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Plus 2020 (Her name is V)
Country flag
I'll be honest watching your pictures made me sad... Sad that I have to wait till November to get my Hatch Sport Plus... I also have the LED interior stripes and the same sport spoiler I added as an extra :)

PS. Could you link me with where you got the Red badges? I'm thinking of getting some.

PPS. I'm also working on sticker designs (Cyberpunk 2077 inspired) for my Civic so I cannot wait to get it :)

OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whilst in Florida on my vacation I thought I would pop into Kamispeed and collect my ordered Project Kics NeoChrome lug nut set.

Saku and Josh showed me much love and hospitality and it was great to meet these guys in person after many months of email correspondence. Thanks guys!

Stephen

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... UHsD7Ad3RBSYLivX6c8Vc

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... XOw6KWelQr2xkae8ZxHYpw

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... UwuhbXa5QxasvIh8gMpGXQ

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... img_2D_0003

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... img_2D_0001

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... img_2D_0004

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... img_2D_0005

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... img_2D_0006

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... img_2D_0007_large

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... img_2D_0008

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... img_2D_0009

RonSwanson's

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whilst in Florida on my vacation I thought I would pop into Kamispeed and collect my ordered Project Kics NeoChrome lug nut set.

Saku and Josh showed me much love and hospitality and it was great to meet these guys in person after many months of email correspondence. Thanks guys!

Stephen

UHsD7Ad3RBSYLivX6c8Vcg.jpg

XOw6KWelQr2xkae8ZxHYpw.jpg

UwuhbXa5QxasvIh8gMpGXQ.jpg

img_2D_0003.jpg

img_2D_0001.jpg

img_2D_0004.jpg

img_2D_0005.jpg

img_2D_0006.jpg

img_2D_0007_large.jpg

img_2D_0008.jpg

img_2D_0009.jpg
How would one get the black plugs out when needing to take the wheels lugs off?

OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How would one get the black plugs out when needing to take the wheels lugs off?
You don't need to as they are deep enough to still insert the locking nut key to remove. Once the lug nut is off you can push out the black cap from behind.

Stephen
Sponsored