So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car!

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I just went outside to do a comparison against the Cosmic Blue, and to see what they appear like under the window in normal conditions. And I still don't know hahaha - I am leaning towards silver because of the contrast, but the blue is so pretty lol. Geez, this didn't help :hmm: (Cue song 'Torn' by Natalie Imbruglia fading slowly out)
image.jpeg
Looking at the swatch, I would personally go with the silver for your Cosmic Blue. There's a nice contrast to it.

schen72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura RL Tech, 2008 Acura RDX Tech, 2016 Acura ILX Tech A-SPEC
I got the Covercraft blue metallic for my blue '16 ILX. I also have these shades for my '06 RL. They are great. Expensive, yes. But if you keep your car a long time, I think it's worth it. I keep my cars until they fall apart, so we're talking 15-20 years. The cover itself is very thick so you can tell it's going to last forever. The only gripe I have is that when folded up, it's still big and I have no real spot to store it. So I just usually throw it into the backseat.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Wow that's a lot, I got one that says "Honda" on it for 11 bucks at an auto parts store. Gets the job done.
In my experience, the Covercraft ones hold up so well that they are cheaper in the long haul than a series of cheapo ones that never fit well anyway. YMMV.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In my experience, the Covercraft ones hold up so well that they are cheaper in the long haul than a series of cheapo ones that never fit well anyway. YMMV.
I've had this Honda one for 2 years now. Used it in my Crosstour too. Never had a cheapo one fall apart on me.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow that's a lot, I got one that says "Honda" on it for 11 bucks at an auto parts store. Gets the job done.
I know what you mean. Walmart had some on clearance a couple years ago for $2 each, so I bought the 4 they had in stock. I'm still using the first one, and the other 3 are in the garage for when I need another. Even the cheapies seem to last forever. I only use mine at work or when I'm gonna be in somewhere for a few hours though.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know what you mean. Walmart had some on clearance a couple years ago for $2 each, so I bought the 4 they had in stock. I'm still using the first one, and the other 3 are in the garage for when I need another. Even the cheapies seem to last forever. I only use mine at work or when I'm gonna be in somewhere for a few hours though.
I agree, I have never had a cheapie go bad on me. I bought an expensive one once for a car and regretted it. unless you plan to keep the car forever, which I never do, then its wasted money.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree, I have never had a cheapie go bad on me. I bought an expensive one once for a car and regretted it. unless you plan to keep the car forever, which I never do, then its wasted money.
Yeah. I had never had a new car until a couple years ago, so I didn't use any before I got these. I dont know that they make a massive difference in interior temp on a hot Arkansas day, but atleast my steering wheel isn't baking hot when I touch it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. I had never had a new car until a couple years ago, so I didn't use any before I got these. I dont know that they make a massive difference in interior temp on a hot Arkansas day, but atleast my steering wheel isn't baking hot when I touch it. :thumbsup:
I bought an expensive custom made one for a Hyundai Veloster, had the car 10 months before it got bought back under lemon law. Needless to say they would not reimburse me for the custom shade LOL
I've had several new cars since then, and never felt moved to buy another custom shade again. This one I have now has been used in a CRV, a Crosstour and now my Civic, which I'm already thinking I'll trade it when the hatchback comes out lol
I want the hatch and I want a MT Turbo Touring, fingers crossed they make it in that configuration!! If I can get that, I may stop trading for a few years lol

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have no clue what YMMV is or means.
"ymmv. › written abbreviation for your mileage may vary: used, in emails for example, to warn people that a piece of advice, although it has helped you, might not help them, or to say that different things are attractive to different people: Their first album is better, but of course YMMV.
ymmv Definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
dictionary.cambridge.org › dictionary

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone tried this one? Saw it on the Pep Boys website.

Honda Civic 10th gen So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car! 981615-003714R01%20Honda%20Accordion%20SS

Attachments

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone tried this one? Saw it on the Pep Boys website.

Honda Civic 10th gen So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car! 981615-003714R01%20Honda%20Accordion%20SS
Thats what I have, I got it at autozone for about 10 bucks or so a few years back, it's holding up just fine, though it folds accordion style, its not a roll up kind.

Attachments