Post your tinted windows

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
It's actually all 4 (driver/passenger/back seat windows). There's at least 5 specks on my driver side, which 2 are in my peripheral vision when I look at my side mirrors - which is going to drive me nuts.

I'm not too upset, though I dread having to stop by tomorrow and spend a couple hours at the shop. I went to this shop initially because they guaranteed satisfaction with their work, so hopefully it can get fixed tomorrow. It's just an inconvenience because it's an hour away from my home.
How did the rear removal come out? Didn't mess up the defroster or antenna lines?

spnewera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Black
45% in the front, 35% in the back, and 20% in the rear with SunTek. ORACAL Vinyl film on the tail lights and reflectors.

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows yNAuYKF

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows al0cu8C

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows QoGaBAl

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows MS5WRg8

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows CFw87eR
Dang, nice. How much was it to have the film on the tail lights? was thinking of doing a smoked out light with a spray but these look way better.

2_shaynez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.melucidity.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Dang, nice. How much was it to have the film on the tail lights? was thinking of doing a smoked out light with a spray but these look way better.
The guy who did it quoted 60$ for the lights, and ended up doing the windows as well for 200$ total. I would never use those sprays, one mistake and bye bye tail lights. I will say to make sure whoever is tinting your lights has a lot of experience. My guy had a really tough time because of all the curves, grooves, and angles on these lights...but did a spectacular job! I also really like how tinting the front reflectors completely darkened the front of the car when looking at it from the side. I know I could have gone darker on the front windows though, 35 instead of 45 would have been dope.

wooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
It's actually all 4 (driver/passenger/back seat windows). There's at least 5 specks on my driver side, which 2 are in my peripheral vision when I look at my side mirrors - which is going to drive me nuts.

I'm not too upset, though I dread having to stop by tomorrow and spend a couple hours at the shop. I went to this shop initially because they guaranteed satisfaction with their work, so hopefully it can get fixed tomorrow. It's just an inconvenience because it's an hour away from my home.
Hey, I just got my windows tinted three days ago and found a small dust or two trapped under each window.
How long did it take you to get your windows redone?
Is this an easy job? Just peel it off, clean it, put it back on?
Isn't there a chance that they will trap more dirt in there while doing this?
I am trying to decide if I should just live with it or have it redone.
Thanks. I appreciate your input.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up just living with it. From what I've researched in tint forums, every install obviously has a chance of getting dirt/bubbles, especially if the shop isn't striving for a "perfect tint". Even established shops will tell you that there's chance of getting dirt/bubbles stuck, so unless your shop will strive for perfection, then I would either live with it or get it done elsewhere.

I've taken mine back to the same shop to get one window at least fixed because it had a noticeable crease, and it took them about 15-20 mins.

Hey, I just got my windows tinted three days ago and found a small dust or two trapped under each window.
How long did it take you to get your windows redone?
Is this an easy job? Just peel it off, clean it, put it back on?
Isn't there a chance that they will trap more dirt in there while doing this?
I am trying to decide if I should just live with it or have it redone.
Thanks. I appreciate your input.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got my appointment for tomorrow...legality of my tint be damned...these all look too good! :thumbsup:
Sponsored