Post your tinted windows

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those with 15% or 20% all throughout (driver/passenger/back seats/rear), do you think it's too dark? Would you go lighter?

I'm getting my tint redone tomorrow and opting for 3M Color Shade 20.

Thanks!
I have 35/20 3M Color Stable on my 14 Civic and it looks just right to me. Looks darker with my black interior and the CS tint has a nice charcoal color to it. I get compliments on the shade.
Sponsored

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I'm debating whether to go 35/20, or 20 throughout. I guess my concern is would 20 in the driver/passenger be too dark in the front. I don't think it would bother me or would be an issue in the evening, just wanted to see feedback. But the consensus seem to be ok.

I have 35/20 3M Color Stable on my 14 Civic and it looks just right to me. Looks darker with my black interior and the CS tint has a nice charcoal color to it. I get compliments on the shade.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm debating whether to go 35/20, or 20 throughout. I guess my concern is would 20 in the driver/passenger be too dark in the front. I don't think it would bother me or would be an issue in the evening, just wanted to see feedback. But the consensus seem to be ok.
That wouldn't be bad with 20 all around

Mr.Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Black
Can I go as dark as I want on the front strip? Or is there legal limitations on strip %

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I've got 25 front, 5 rear, 5 sunstrip. It is dark but I can still see just fine. At night it's really dark but you can still make out headlights behind you.

Not sure about limits on sunstrip for USA but for Canada i was told there is no law on shade but only on total area. So for example, only 1/6 (I'm unsure of exact size) of the windshield can be tinted. It can't be directly in front of the drivers view of the road.

I can tell you that I've yet to have to use my visors since getting sunstrip. I do still use sunglasses though.

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Question (especially if there's any cops on here): I've got a road trip to Washington, DC from Toronto in a couple weeks and I know my tint is blatantly illegal in the US. I'm kinda worried about being pulled over for it. Can I get a ticket for illegal tint in the US even though my car is registered in Canada where it's legal?

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback. The cops in my area hasn't been horrible about tint issue so I'm confident I won't get stopped. The only time I've heard of it happen to friends of mine was when my friend got ticketed because her tint was the reflective/mirror tint. She's had the car since 2001 and has only been stopped once.
It's good that FL seems a little more tolerable. In CA one can never be too sure but every city and county is different. Guess it's more up to the cops discretion or how he's feeling that day. I've seen many cars on the road with tints as dark as 20% and I'm like WTH?! My bro was stopped for his front windows tint (20%) and nothing else. It's the risk many take but to each his own. In his experience dealing with retints, the shop owner that did my tint said that most people who are ticketed for their window tints were stopped for other violations. It was only during that time that the cop noticed it. Only about 1% have come back to his shop. He said that 50% is usually acceptable but if I get a fix it ticket he will replace it no charge. I really want the front windows done with ceramic for best heat and UV deflection. Can't wait 'cause the summer heat is nearly upon us. :umbrella:

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Question (especially if there's any cops on here): I've got a road trip to Washington, DC from Toronto in a couple weeks and I know my tint is blatantly illegal in the US. I'm kinda worried about being pulled over for it. Can I get a ticket for illegal tint in the US even though my car is registered in Canada where it's legal?
Not sure, but I would play the visitors card - if you do, just say you're visiting/passing through and didn't know the law there :)

anckentucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Crystal Black Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've never been given a fix-it/ticket for window tint in another state where it was considered illegal if it met the legal requirements of my home state.

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Not sure, but I would play the visitors card - if you do, just say you're visiting/passing through and didn't know the law there :)
Ya that's my plan if needed. Hopefully not.

I've never been given a fix-it/ticket for window tint in another state where it was considered illegal if it met the legal requirements of my home state.
Good, thanks! Good to know.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
Personally I like the consistent look of 20 throughout. I had this on my '04 Civic when I was in Rochester, NY and even with all those overcast/cloudy days, I felt it was fine and not too dark. I also had 5% all the way around on a different car and would not do that again. Night time was very hard to see so it was a good thing we mostly only drove that car in the daytime.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Just got mine retinted. Pretty happy with it so far - I see a few bubbles which I'm told should disappear in 3 days while it cures so not too worried yet.

It took less than 2 hours to remove my existing tint and put on the Color Stabe 20, so I was pretty happy with the time.

Personally I like the consistent look of 20 throughout. I had this on my '04 Civic when I was in Rochester, NY and even with all those overcast/cloudy days, I felt it was fine and not too dark. I also had 5% all the way around on a different car and would not do that again. Night time was very hard to see so it was a good thing we mostly only drove that car in the daytime.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got mine retinted. Pretty happy with it so far - I see a few bubbles which I'm told should disappear in 3 days while it cures so not too worried yet.

It took less than 2 hours to remove my existing tint and put on the Color Stabe 20, so I was pretty happy with the time.
Let it bake in the sun as much as possible. I turned my car around depending on where the sun is hitting and parked where there is most sun. Congratulations on the new tint...

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5

Awesome! I know you'll post pics so we can see how it looks now. I still need to find a day to go to the dealer to get this redone. The tint guys aren't there all the time and we just got our first foster placement so it's hard to find time to just go hang out at a car dealership.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome! I know you'll post pics so we can see how it looks now. I still need to find a day to go to the dealer to get this redone. The tint guys aren't there all the time and we just got our first foster placement so it's hard to find time to just go hang out at a car dealership.
Here's one pic - I saw it immediately when I went in. They said just use alcohol to remove the watermark once it cures.

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows ima
Sponsored