So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car!

Florida_Frank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L; 2014 CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Thanks for the pictures! Do you have one of it folded up? I assume it folds like a accordion along the lines in the pictures, right?

When you go to put it in the window, do you have to buckle it to tuck it in place? If so, does it crease where it buckles?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Penryn87

Penryn87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring.
Country flag
Thanks for the pictures! Do you have one of it folded up? I assume it folds like a accordion along the lines in the pictures, right?

When you go to put it in the window, do you have to buckle it to tuck it in place? If so, does it crease where it buckles?
It doesn't crease no, it is a pretty tight fit, and yes it folds like an accordion. It will kind of slide down into place and then you push up.

OP
OP
Penryn87

Penryn87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks...I ordered the blue too. I was hoping the gap behind the rearview mirror would be smaller...my windshield tint should take care of that gap though.
Yea, it barely clears the mirror right now, so any tighter and it wouldn't fit.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

swapnilshah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring CBP
Does anyone have suggestions for picking one of these up in Canada?

Also, where do you store the shield when you're in the car?

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
Does anyone have suggestions for picking one of these up in Canada?

I was actually wondering where people store the shield as well since it seems pretty big.

Last edited:

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, that fit looks good. I might need to pick up one of these. It's going to get really hot here in Florida soon :) Hopefully my dash cam mount doesn't get in the way of the fit.

Sorry this took so long, I am an accountant so the last few days have been ... busy lol.
When I used to have these types of covers, I would normally lay it on the floor in the backseat. Granted, it's only usually me that rides in my car, and sometimes a passenger in the passenger seat so the backseat rarely gets used. Of course, you can always throw this in the trunk if your backseat gets used often :)

I was actually wonder where people store the shield as well since it seems pretty big.

Last edited:

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:
OP
OP
Penryn87

Penryn87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was actually wonder where people store the shield as well since it seems pretty big.
It will fit nicely in the footwell of the backseat. It's propped up of course, but easy access and it won't slide around.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got my Covercraft Blue sunshade. Made well and fits well for the most part. There is a gap on then left and right sides that are larger than I want. My Introtech R sunshade for my 14 fit edge to edge and slid into the gaps between the windshield and the pillars.

Honda Civic 10th gen So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car! 20160428_144653

Honda Civic 10th gen So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car! 2016-04-28_15.01.38

Honda Civic 10th gen So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car! 2016-04-28_15.26.08