The Best 2016 Honda Civic TV Commercial Ever

zaurus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Scirocco R + Honda Civic RS 2016
Very cool Ad, its for the recent launch of Honda Civic Turbo (without rear wing) in Indonesia Motor show.
The Thai version of Honda Civic Turbo has a RS badge (with rear wing).

Either way Best Civic Ever gen X.
Sponsored

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
the ad says 173PS which is weaker than our 174HP
but i am also thinking they are calling the Dual VTC VTEC for marketing purposes
1 hp is nothing. I would sacrifice 1 hp for all the extra stuff they get. Their civic still has the hdmi port. I hate that the North American market got rid of it.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1 hp is nothing. I would sacrifice 1 hp for all the extra stuff they get. Their civic still has the hdmi port. I hate that the North American market got rid of it.
What would you use the HDMI port for? I have a 14 Civic EX-L Navi and I cannot get the bypass to stick to use the HDMI while driving. Works perfectly fine on non-navi models though.

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
What would you use the HDMI port for? I have a 14 Civic EX-L Navi and I cannot get the bypass to stick to use the HDMI while driving. Works perfectly fine on non-navi models though.
Carplay is nice but still not that good. with a hdmi I can mirror my phone wirelessly with a hdmi dongle.

mfayc85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2016 RS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here in UAE, we are getting the RS (1.5 Turbo) version with paddle shifter & a rear spoiler. No lane departure warning, no lane keep assist or adaptive cruise control.
Gonna get mine very soon IA, still confused on the color though.

My2016Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing - Modern Steel Metallic / Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, viewing the video I noticed:
  • V-Tech Turbo Badge
  • Exhaust Tips
  • Different Speedometer display
  • Clear Front Marker Lights
  • AC Display/Infotainment unit different
  • Paddle Shifter
Too bad we couldn't get some of these things, perhaps in the 2017, 2018!

....my wife was going to get me a Tesla for my surprise birthday present. I found out and convinced her otherwise. I have been a Honda enthusiasts since my teens and this Civic is the best by far. No Tesla but it keeps it fun for me having grown with the brand.
I had been holding out for a Tesla myself, until the '16 Civic came along. Got the Civic instead, go figure.. :)

Here in UAE, we are getting the RS (1.5 Turbo) version with paddle shifter & a rear spoiler. No lane departure warning, no lane keep assist or adaptive cruise control.
Gonna get mine very soon IA, still confused on the color though.
You get the Paddle Shifters? We're jealous! Hope you get it soon, enjoy! As far as color, you may have different color options than we do in the US, but here are the options we have: Cosmic Blue Metallic, Aegean Blue Metallic, Burgundy Night Pearl, Crystal Black Pearl, Lunar Silver Metallic, Modern Steel Metallic, Rallye Red, Taffeta White and White Orchid Pearl
Honda Civic 10th gen The Best 2016 Honda Civic TV Commercial Ever 2016hondacivicsedanexteriorcoloroptoins

Here's my personal opinion on the colors. The "Crystal Black Pearl" is absolutely beautiful to look at, but it shows dirt, swirl marks and scratches. If you are meticulous about washing and waxing and know how to do so without creating swirl marks, this might be for you. Black is also not a good color for sunny and hot climates, it simply gets way too hot. The white colors are beautiful also, but hard to keep clean as well. The "Burgundy Night Pearl" is a gorgeous color, but I wish it had a slightly more red tint and less purple to make it slightly more masculine. The "Rallye Red' is too light of a red for my taste, it looks lighter in person than in the picture. I really wish they had a deeper, richer red. The other colors are all great options, depending on whether you like to stand out or blend in so it's a matter of preference/personality.

Have fun choosing the one that is right for you. Hopefully you have other color options like maybe a dark metallic red, a bronze, etc.

Last edited:

astein244@

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic LX Manual,1995 Civic Del Sol SI 278k,1995 BMW M3 5 speed (rip),1992 SC300 5 speedl(rip),2005 Is300 5 speed(rip)
I do extremely well selling Hondas and can afford almost anything, but Ill allways have one in the fleet. Like A Boss

GeorgeMAX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
I will do buddy and posted the receipt tomorrow by some reason I had a private message but im not sure why is not available anymore now im confused was you or timothy jay lol but no matter i can order two badges by tomorrow
Can you order Two for me please for this week

Akirazstylin

Spread a little aloha wherever you go!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Honda Civic 10th gen The Best 2016 Honda Civic TV Commercial Ever ima

Looks good on the ABM. Have seen other colors on the road and they kind of blends in with the other sea of vehicles. But saw another ABM EX-T it popped. So, Bleu definitely pops when she's crusing through the street and this Latin American VTEC Turbo decal definitely would look good. Maybe I'll go order me a pair and pick it up on one of my layovers in MX.

vti07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 9G Euro Hatch
The Thai RS doesn't have a sunroof but the export Thai version of the RS for Australia DOES have a sunroof. One thing you cannot see in the video is that the Australian spec also gets plastic covers for the trunk/boot lid hinges. I haven't noticed it in the US, Canada versions. Thailand also makes a top of line model for Australia called VTI-LX which has the full Honda sensing package. Our Civics arrive in June and I cannot wait to see them on the road. The hatch won't arrive till 2017 but ours will also be Thailand built and not sourced from the UK. Most likely we will get the Euro spec 1 L (approx 92 kw) and 1.5 L 150 Kw turbo petrols for the hatch.

I suspect our Civics will have the auto door locking when moving feature disabled as I cannot see it
mentioned on the website specs.

In the US/Canada Civic owners manual, there is a section that describes the paddle shift
option. I could
be wrong but certain Canadian Civic variants do get paddle shifters?

vti07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 9G Euro Hatch
Just been looking through the Australia Honda website and am wondering why 2 of the colour names are different? Brilliant Sporty Blue for Aegean Blue Metallic and Midnight Burgundy for Burgundy Night Pearl. The rest
of the names are the same. What is Lunar Silver compared to Alabaster Silver, it is lighter or darker than Alabaster?

Also noted that we only get the black leather option and no heated rear seats compared to the US version. And of course, no coupe versions at all
as they are built in Left Hand Drive.