CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$299 for ceramic is an awesome price
It is a good price. I paid 360 for mine in NorCal and that's already a good price. I was quoted $320 for Formula 1 Pinnacle Ceramic which @SanthonyL has. My whole car was tinted in an hour so that was even more worthwhile. They have 3 tinters per car.
Sponsored

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, I've been getting $295 for carbon CXP. Most shops want close to $400 for ceramic, that is if they even offer it at all.
Really depends on the market, the shop if they have to hire someone of they do it themselves, how many they do etc. They have to recoup the cost for their plotter software and maintenance updates. It's pricey.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
Really depends on the market, the shop if they have to hire someone of they do it themselves, how many they do etc. They have to recoup the cost for their plotter software and maintenance updates. It's pricey.
Right. Most of these places are ones that got awesome reviews on Yelp. They're mostly tint shops but one does wraps as well. You would think being in PHX where everybody has tint they'd charge less since they probably get quite a bit of business. Anyway my dealer said the tint they installed comes with a lifetime warranty so they will redo since I have bubbles in it. I asked them to just remove it so I could go somewhere else and get it redone and not pay for removal. I also asked them what kind of tint they use but they never got back to me on that so it's most likely some cheap quality one. :(

dgarcia619

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for the really bright direct sunlight picture (the picture in my garage gallery has a shot without direct sunlight if you're curious how it looks). We're in a middle of a heat wave here in San Diego. Had to rush this pic as there was a cop nearby. I did 5% on the rear window and rear passenger windows. 20% on the front windows. The black interior makes it look even darker. I was not sure what brand tint the guy used but he did a great job. He is used by a ton of locals basically all referred by word of mouth. Came with a lifetime warranty if any bubbling or scratches appear, or turns purple he will replace it for free. He will also remove the fronts for free as well if you get pulled over and get a fix it ticket from the cops. He charged me $159 for all 5 windows. I referred my buddy for his Accord and he charged him a discount of $149 for all 5 windows. He did my bros Jeep Patriot about 6 years ago I think it was around $180 for 7 windows. His windows tint still looks great.

If you're in or near San Diego and want a great price I highly recommend this guy. He has his own shop, and from the looks of it he runs it on his own. Took me about two weeks to get an appointment to come in though since he is always booked.

http://hotspotsd.com/

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-hot-spot-chula-vista

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows IMG_20160422_173635

Last edited:

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry for the really bright direct sunlight picture (the picture in my garage gallery has a shot without direct sunlight if you're curious how it looks). We're in a middle of a heat wave here in San Diego. Had to rush this pic as there was a cop nearby. I did 5% on the rear window and rear passenger windows. 20% on the front windows. The black interior makes it look even darker. I was not sure what brand tint the guy used but he did a great job. He is used by a ton of locals basically all referred by word of mouth. Came with a lifetime warranty if any bubbling or scratches appear, or turns purple he will replace it for free. He will also remove the fronts for free as well if you get pulled over and get a fix it ticket from the cops. He charged me $159 for all 5 windows. I referred my buddy for his Accord and he charged him a discount of $149 for all 5 windows. He did my bros Jeep Patriot about 6 years ago I think it was around $180 for 7 windows. His windows tint still looks great.

If you're in or near San Diego and want a great price I highly recommend this guy. He has his own shop, and from the looks of it he runs it on his own. Took me about two weeks to get an appointment to come in though since he is always booked.

http://hotspotsd.com/

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-hot-spot-chula-vista

IMG_20160422_173635.jpg
Looks nice. Isn't 20% too dark for Cali? As long as you are satisfied it's all that counts.

I had to look up your link since you paid so low. It seems they use Global Window Film which has been around by I personally haven't heard of. The going price for this film installed is about what you paid so it is a lower cost film. The specs look good as long as they are true. They offer 3 film types. I assume that the highest tint they offer is metallic. Interesting that the installer website says that this is the best tint and most professionals recommend metallic. There is only 1 shop around a 30 mile radius that I called that carries metallic. They hold their color well but the newer nano carbon tints do just as well without the possible reception issues from metallic. Ceramic is the way to go to get maximum performance and benefits but cost more. The other thing with shops saying Lifetime Warranty is that finding a shop that uses the tint under warranty may be harder than more popular brands.

Good info here:

http://thespokaneshop.com/spokane-window-tinting/different-types-window-tint-film

dgarcia619

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Yea anything in the front windows is not illegal in Cali, let alone 20%. It's a fix it ticket, so its remove the tint pay $25 to the courts. With front tint being so liberal in So. Cal. it really isn't something I've noticed cops proactively enforce. I figured that was the case. I was really reluctant initially going with him because the price was so low. All the other places quoted me for much higher. My brother assured me he's good. I'm glad I ended up going with where I went, price, quality and workmanship were all great. I haven't experienced any of the reception issues as of yet. Thanks for the great info. I appreciate it.

Last edited:

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Can you post some pics of the inside during a bright day? some at night?
Today is sunny so here's some sunny day shots. I dunno, the pics look lighter than in person. In person the car feels darker inside... 25% front, 5% back, 25% windshield sunstrip. Can barely see in the front windows from outside... Back windows can't see shit from outside unless you cup your hands in the glass and put your face right up to it.
Anyways, here's the pics:

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows ima

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Today is sunny so here's some sunny day shots. I dunno, the pics look lighter than in person. In person the car feels darker inside... 25% front, 5% back, 25% windshield sunstrip. Can barely see in the front windows from outside... Back windows can't see shit from outside unless you cup your hands in the glass and put your face right up to it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Upper Canada Mall?

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Was your sunstrip computer or hand cut? Wondering why the sit matrix behind the rearview mirror is not fully covered.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Do you have pics of the outside?
Sponsored