Post your tinted windows

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Do you have any issues with glare from headlights or street lamps hitting the defroster lines on the rear windshield? I've gotten 40% ceramic all around and any light source produces glare that goes all the way up and down. I'm trying to decide whether I should have the tint shop pull it off and put something thinner up.
Didn't notice any issues like that. Today I noticed a bubbled area half the size of a dime on the passenger window. Not sure if I should ignore it or have it fixed.
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
78mAGjF_qhWwRvJ9DdHaAyCJOdvSdOvrituhTrHT6u3Erq7uLkOYp8d1Y4amWG1MFiqa-fZAUSnjUz1ZUA=w1207-h804-no.jpg

35% tint here....
Maybe include the number of times you have been stopped and questioned about your tint by the cops, and if your are OVER TINTED, if you have had to get that OverTint removed.

20% Tint & 50% on Windscreen on a Si or R is just BEGGING to be pulled over :(
(at least here in the NE USA)

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
EE6B7340-8AEA-472A-A897-58805B4C1A5A.jpeg
Thought the ceramic tint effect on the front glass was cool, it’s 50% btw
The trouble with CERAMIC tint on a sloping windscreen, is that it introduces distortion.
If you insist on Tinting your windscreen, then the high quality Non-Ceramic tints do not have such a distortion effect when views on the slant.

Elsewhere, Ceramic is defiantly the way to go if you can justify the extra cost.

CameraGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The trouble with CERAMIC tint on a sloping windscreen, is that it introduces distortion.
If you insist on Tinting your windscreen, then the high quality Non-Ceramic tints do not have such a distortion effect when views on the slant.

Elsewhere, Ceramic is defiantly the way to go if you can justify the extra cost.

Might be because the factory tint on the windscreen, because it’s not visible for the interior and wasn’t visible on the exterior of my truck which was 10 percent darker ceramic tint, but I don’t notice any distortion driving the car, maybe if I had to read a book through the glass. But I went ceramic for heat reduction and only that, my shifter use to be unbearable hot from the sun from were I park at work, now it just gets warm

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe include the number of times you have been stopped and questioned about your tint by the cops, and if your are OVER TINTED, if you have had to get that OverTint removed.

20% Tint & 50% on Windscreen on a Si or R is just BEGGING to be pulled over :(
(at least here in the NE USA)
My windscreen is not tinted. The 35% all around was the same as my last 2 vehicles(both were 2 door GTIs). I have never had issues with Police in MI. MI don't allow for tints on the front windows unless for medical reasons but knock on wood I have never run into any issues in the last 7 years.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
5% on back windows and visor, 10% on front, 35% on sunroof, and clear windshield tint. All done with ceramic tint. Hit me up if you need yours done in the DFW area.
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows soxpc5

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My windscreen is not tinted. The 35% all around was the same as my last 2 vehicles(both were 2 door GTIs). I have never had issues with Police in MI. MI don't allow for tints on the front windows unless for medical reasons but knock on wood I have never run into any issues in the last 7 years.
I can imagine this if you are stopped :confused:

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows transport-tinted_window-car_window-car-traffic_violation-driving_violation-mfln7961_low

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I answered your 2nd question, not sure what else do you want...

realcop0794

ZURKON
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex Hatchback, 2018 Toyota RAV4 XLE
Country flag
Getting 20% all around (except windscreen) and the shop is only charging $20 extra to remove the spoiler. In total I'll be spending under $200, "lifetime warranty" included. We'll see how this goes...

realcop0794

ZURKON
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex Hatchback, 2018 Toyota RAV4 XLE
Country flag
Getting 20% all around (except windscreen) and the shop is only charging $20 extra to remove the spoiler. In total I'll be spending under $200, "lifetime warranty" included. We'll see how this goes...
I'm in the South Bend, IN area if anyone is interested to know where it's that cheap. Barbarycustoms.com
Sponsored