Si looks nice and clean dc2... :thumbsup:

xSherpax

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si 2013 Golf R 2017 Landrover Discovery
Looks sweet man I just installed mine on my 3 day old SI. Does your Yakima fairing have the straps or the clamps? I feel like the straps don’t fit the round crossbars that well. Either way your setup looks very clean!

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Looks sweet man I just installed mine on my 3 day old SI. Does your Yakima fairing have the straps or the clamps? I feel like the straps don’t fit the round crossbars that well. Either way your setup looks very clean!
it has straps that was made for the aero bars but if you tighten it enough it will form around the round bar

xSherpax

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will post a better pic when I get a chance

Honda Civic 10th gen Let's see dem racks 5C60011E-29F2-4C75-95FE-843C7D340DB2

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Will post a better pic when I get a chance

5C60011E-29F2-4C75-95FE-843C7D340DB2.jpeg
Did you use their measurements for the front towers?
I had to adjust my a little to get it to seat correctly on the trim. I think i end up using the hatchback measurement 37" instead of the 36.5"

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Hello guys! Just got my hatchback sport 2 weeks ago and im new to the forum. Did my research on the internet and it seems that sport hatch and touring is out of luck when it comes to installing reciever hitch to hook my bike rack. Im planning to buy roof rack instead. How noisy is it when you transport 2 bikes on Roofrack? How much mpg you guys lost when you have roofrack installed? Thanks

Almostfast

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Sport Touring
Country flag
Hello guys! Just got my hatchback sport 2 weeks ago and im new to the forum. Did my research on the internet and it seems that sport hatch and touring is out of luck when it comes to installing reciever hitch to hook my bike rack. Im planning to buy roof rack instead. How noisy is it when you transport 2 bikes on Roofrack? How much mpg you guys lost when you have roofrack installed? Thanks
Guy on here built a hitch for the center exhaust, I think I'm gonna build one for mine too.

xSherpax

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you use their measurements for the front towers?
I had to adjust my a little to get it to seat correctly on the trim. I think i end up using the hatchback measurement 37" instead of the 36.5"
Yes I used the exact measurement per Yakima 36” but the front bar placement still looks weird to me but I’ll know for sure when I attach my cargo on it. Your bar placement looks better to me imo

xSherpax

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sup man on all my cars that I have roof racks on I don’t really have noise issues as I always have a fairing with the racks. I wouldn’t be able to tell how it would be with bikes since I don’t ride but with snowboards and a cargo I don’t have any issues with the noise. If you really wanna make sure you to minimize noise you could use the aerodynamic bars.

Gas mileage you should expect to lose about 3 to 5 miles per G. Congrats on your new hatch!

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Yes I used the exact measurement per Yakima 36” but the front bar placement still looks weird to me but I’ll know for sure when I attach my cargo on it. Your bar placement looks better to me imo
36"? it calls for 36.5". It sat flush on your black trim on the roof ?
As for the front bar placement, it's suppose to be 6" from the window trim

What pads did you use on your front. They look smaller than the one i have

My city mpg has been the same. I haven't been on a long trip on the hwy yet

Last edited:

xSherpax

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
36"? it calls for 36.5". It sat flush on your black trim on the roof ?
As for the front bar placement, it's suppose to be 6" from the window trim

What pads did you use on your front. They look smaller than the one i have

My city mpg has been the same. I haven't been on a long trip on the hwy yet
My bad it is 36.5” - 6”- 35 7/8” - 32” just remeasured everything in the 95 degree heat. From the pics my front seemed more pushed back than yours but I guess not since it’s exactly 6”.

My rear clip is not completely flush I will try adjusting it to 37 to see if that works. My front pad is 182 (B93-5)

OP
OP

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
My bad it is 36.5” - 6”- 35 7/8” - 32” just remeasured everything in the 95 degree heat. From the pics my front seemed more pushed back than yours but I guess not since it’s exactly 6”.

My rear clip is not completely flush I will try adjusting it to 37 to see if that works. My front pad is 182 (B93-5)
weird...
my rear fitted perfectly fine at their measurements
my front i had to do 37"

xSherpax

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh didn’t realize you did 37 on the front...I did 36.5 front 35 7/8 on the rear