Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Drew up a reference "grid" real quick (I'm planning to use it to see how big the Honda's analog and digital clock layouts are), and also added the custom reflection to the bezel of one of the Grand Seiko dials that I had (actually, just copy-pasted a GS dial onto the Explorer image from above).

I'll slow down with these clock dials for a while. The analog clock works best with a black background and simple markers -- I've learned that much (the Navitimer is terrible for reading at a glance, and the "Snowflake" Seiko washes out the hands).

Besides, I'm a little embarrassed to admit that just slapping a watch company's dial onto a wallpaper file destined for a car stereo is pretty cheesy. I'm okay at doing technical stuff, but I suck at creative art. :D

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread Carbon Grid

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread Clock Seiko Black New

SilverXHatch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Civic X Hatchback EX
I just got a 2018 EX hatchback and I can change the regular background just fine. I can NOT change the clock face for the life of me. I have the picture that I want on the flash drive and I can even make it the regular wallpaper but I can't figure out how to change the clock face. Any help out there?

(I've seen some screen shots of other people's HU where the option is very obvious on the same page that changes the clock from analog to digital, etc. That option is not there for me.)

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just got a 2018 EX hatchback and I can change the regular background just fine. I can NOT change the clock face for the life of me. I have the picture that I want on the flash drive and I can even make it the regular wallpaper but I can't figure out how to change the clock face. Any help out there?

(I've seen some screen shots of other people's HU where the option is very obvious on the same page that changes the clock from analog to digital, etc. That option is not there for me.)
Hmm, weird. No option to change the clock at all?

SilverXHatch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can change it to: Analog, Digital, small digital, or off. That's it

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread Photo Apr 17, 5 01 53 PM

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I can change it to: Analog, Digital, small digital, or off. That's it

Photo Apr 17, 5 01 53 PM.jpg
Not sure you can change clock background in Color Audio system as opposed to Display Audio system.

SilverXHatch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm... saw another poster had a '18 EX just like mine and was able to change theirs.

SilverXHatch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Picked up my 2018 Civic Ex last night. Made this to throw on there. Still has protective cover on it.

BEDAFF62-FCE7-4E1C-B851-E4994850B014.jpeg

ED554E60-7E6D-40FC-96FC-5629170F8529.jpeg
I can't seem to get this to work on mine. Both have '18 EX's. Any thoughts? Can you show a shot of the screen that lets you change the clock face?

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hmm... saw another poster had a '18 EX just like mine and was able to change theirs.
Sorry. It didn't look right and I jumped to a wrong conclusion. But let me try another guess. Are you using the alternate skin? I don't think you can have a clock wallpaper in alternate skin. I though that was documented in the OM somewhere but can't find it at the moment. If you are using the alternate skin, change back to the standard skin and re-test.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
SilverXHatch, yeah, this is something to check:
If you are using the alternate skin, change back to the standard skin and re-test.
Check Settings -> System -> Others, and you should see "Change Skin".

Your photo shows the alternate skin (the purple gears in the corner gave it away).

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
(the purple gears in the corner gave it away)
It took me a while to think of this possibility, but that's what did it for me too.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I found where this is documented, at least where in a '16 Civic OM:

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread tem

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok, just a few more shots...

The grid helped me get an idea of how big the digital layouts are.

I used the Rolex Explorer wallpaper to align the Nomos, GS, and Navitimer dials in these wallpapers, too, since it worked so well (mostly due to luck!).

I haven't tried the Apple Watch and Casio versions in the car yet; maybe they'll line up okay, maybe not.

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread IMG_0624

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread IMG_0627

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread IMG_0628

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread IMG_0625

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread IMG_0626

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread Clock Apple Watch

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread Casio Carbon

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread Clock Nomos Orion

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread Clock Snowflake Carbon

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread Clock Navitimer New

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Three variants of 3-6-9 dials that aren't stolen from a Rolex Explorer. I haven't tried them in the car yet; maybe the numerals will collide with the hour markers.

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread Clock Honda Civic Explorer copy

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread Clock Honda Civic Explorer copy 3

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread Clock Honda Civic Explorer copy 2

kerrmoney

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si FC3 Modern Steel, 89 CRX Si, 93 Integra LS, 06 HHR
That page of the manual is for the Color Audio, not the Display Audio, so similarity to 9th gen is understandable.

Wallpaper page for Display Audio:
upload_2016-1-29_7-39-51.png
Our cars aren't complete without a little personalization. I'd like to see your homescreen and wallpaper.

To get us started here is something I made for my car. I'm just a novice so don't be too harsh.

1920*1080
Civic X BG 1920x1080.png
800*480
Civic X BG Smooth.png
800*480
Civic X BG.png
IMG_20160119_172149.jpg
Awesome thread! You're looks great! I worked hard on mine used the LA auto show reveal backdrop

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread IMG_20180615_175307237
Sponsored