OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
After going back and forth on what to do with suspension/wheels/tires I finally just went ahead and installed the Eibach Pro Kit. I want to thank @Kami Speed for getting the Eibachs to me and Gene @Wheel Warehouse for setting up a time with me and helping me decide on what to do with my current wheel situation. Thanks Gene it was nice meeting you! For those of you in the SoCal area looking to get suspension work done, wheels/tires dont hesitate to hit @Wheel Warehouse! I also want to thank @francomakou for giving me recommendations in the San Diego area.

On to the Eibachs! No, they do not ride like stock or give a stock like ride. You feel every crevice on the road and know when you hit some nice bumps on the road. But the ride quality is not so bad that you can't ride on it on a daily basis. @Wheel Warehouse was able to align everything back to specs without a camber kit, so that was great news! On to a couple of pictures. I am happy with the outcome. Up next is a Hondata tune and then an intercooler....wheels? Maybe.

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Plus 2018 Civic Si Build IMG_1077

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Plus 2018 Civic Si Build IMG_1080

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Plus 2018 Civic Si Build IMG_1081

OP
OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Crazy day today, a piece of cardboard decided to attack the Si and missed a Post Office delivery... :(

Piece of Cardboard wounds
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Plus 2018 Civic Si Build IMG_1088

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Plus 2018 Civic Si Build IMG_1089

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Plus 2018 Civic Si Build IMG_1090

My heroes Quick Detailer and Meguiars Scratch X to the Rescue
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Plus 2018 Civic Si Build IMG_1092

Drove to the Post Office and luckily the driver had already returned. Ready for Tuning!
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Plus 2018 Civic Si Build IMG_1095

OP
OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So your wheels rubbed with the drop?
I didnt even try them out with the drop because I did not feel comfotable withthe stretch look in 235’s. I want to go with 245’s but it seems that 245’s would probably rub though.

Kwocfam

First Name
Okie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Does the LX sit higher stock than the Si? Because I was going to go with the Sportlines for a more aggresive stance, and go with the wheel size you actually had on the car? Or is that not going to work out

The SI does sit lower than the LX and I think if Rodscivic kept his rims and ran 245 with a camber kit and -1.5 degree camber, he wouldn't rub.

OP
OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think with camber it will be good to go with 245's. I might go ahead and just do that since it seems no one really wants the wheels. From talking to a couple of other Civic owners running aggressive wheels, the problems seems to be up front with the tires rubbing the tab up front, so taking that out might also be a solution. We will see.

I uploaded the Hondata +6 PSI tune Sport mode activated. I recommend that anyone getting a Hondata for the Si start off with this tune, simply because you can really tell the difference between normal mode and Sport. Basically I started driving in normal mode, let the car warm up a little and then put it in Sport mode. I drove it Sport mode the rest of the day! While a bit harsh at times the car with this tune is just that much more responsive. I did not notice any boost lag and that car just pulls, pulls, pulls. Now I say start with the +6 PSI tun Sport mode activated because you will be able to tell the difference and then you will upload the +6 psi tune to keep the tune on the car regardless or whether you are in Sport mode. Overall great tune, I am very happy with it. I went ahead and completed a datalog, 4th gear pull starting at 1900 rpm up to 5800 if anyone wants to take a look.

I am now moving to the @MAPerformance Stage 1 tune. I will ride on this for the week and throw some datalogs here and there. Their Beta Tune includes two different tunes. In normal mode it is their stage 1 and Sport turns on their tune with Scramble mode. I cant wait!

Attachments

Kwocfam

First Name
Okie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I think with camber it will be good to go with 245's. I might go ahead and just do that since it seems no one really wants the wheels. From talking to a couple of other Civic owners running aggressive wheels, the problems seems to be up front with the tires rubbing the tab up front, so taking that out might also be a solution. We will see.

I uploaded the Hondata +6 PSI tune Sport mode activated. I recommend that anyone getting a Hondata for the Si start off with this tune, simply because you can really tell the difference between normal mode and Sport. Basically I started driving in normal mode, let the car warm up a little and then put it in Sport mode. I drove it Sport mode the rest of the day! While a bit harsh at times the car with this tune is just that much more responsive. I did not notice any boost lag and that car just pulls, pulls, pulls. Now I say start with the +6 PSI tun Sport mode activated because you will be able to tell the difference and then you will upload the +6 psi tune to keep the tune on the car regardless or whether you are in Sport mode. Overall great tune, I am very happy with it. I went ahead and completed a datalog, 4th gear pull starting at 1900 rpm up to 5800 if anyone wants to take a look.

I am now moving to the @MAPerformance Stage 1 tune. I will ride on this for the week and throw some datalogs here and there. Their Beta Tune includes two different tunes. In normal mode it is their stage 1 and Sport turns on their tune with Scramble mode. I cant wait!

I'd say, keep the rims and get 245's! I'll be waiting for your next post LOL

OP
OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd say, keep the rims and get 245's! I'll be waiting for your next post LOL
That's the most likely scenario. My ST which I am about to sell has 245/40 Michelin Ps2's with 7k miles. I will probably but a cheap set of 235/40's (ST OEM size) to take those PS2's off ....

OP
OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Was finally able to get Hondata on my 18 Si thanks to Wifi!

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Plus 2018 Civic Si Build IMG_1142

I've been data logging the Beta Tune from MAPerformance, everything is looking good so far. Peak PSI is at 21.5 from 2200 to 5100 rpm and tapering to about 15 PSI at the top end. AFR looks good too. I have sent the data log back to MAPerformance to see if any adjustments need to be made. No clutch slippage just yet but I think this is as much as the car can handle without changing the clutch. It's a pleasure to drive this car on a daily basis now more so with this tune. The Eibach's are great! I've been riding on those for about a week and have no regrets on that purchase.

Looks like I will also be getting a shift knob sock, 93 degrees weather and anodized shift knobs dont mix( but I already knew that!)

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was finally able to get Hondata on my 18 Si thanks to Wifi!

IMG_1142.jpg

I've been data logging the Beta Tune from MAPerformance, everything is looking good so far. Peak PSI is at 21.5 from 2200 to 5100 rpm and tapering to about 15 PSI at the top end. AFR looks good too. I have sent the data log back to MAPerformance to see if any adjustments need to be made. No clutch slippage just yet but I think this is as much as the car can handle without changing the clutch. It's a pleasure to drive this car on a daily basis now more so with this tune. The Eibach's are great! I've been riding on those for about a week and have no regrets on that purchase.

Looks like I will also be getting a shift knob sock, 93 degrees weather and anodized shift knobs dont mix( but I already knew that!)
Did you do the wireless root after unlocking the browser? I know a lot of people with 2018s are wondering if it actually works lol

OP
OP
RODSCIVIC

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you do the wireless root after unlocking the browser? I know a lot of people with 2018s are wondering if it actually works lol
Yeah, I did the wireless root, took about 5 minutes.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sweet! you should do a write up. Also your car looks great man.
Sponsored