bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
Well, I have always done stupid in-depth build threads but with the whole Photobucket fiasco of 2017 I was somewhat against them. I was also using the car for my long commute and wasn't' going to modify it much...

So - CivicX actually host pics, and I haven't left the car alone since I got it in Late October so going to do this as a place holder and come back and do pics and catch this up - to include installing some parts and then taking them off and the reasons behind that.

So expect a few months worth of updates soon, and then will be buying some camera equipment and will start posting more youtube vid's as the phone ones suck;-) Oh, I commute 120 a day minimum but usually around 160 a day, that why I have put so much in the sound deadening etc, bought last week in October at 15,500 miles this morning already:) At 44k as of March 1st

New Wheels Again back in November....Konig 18x9's in Gunmetal

Also this may be helpful for torn CV boots:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/replacing-torn-cv-boot-on-axle-shaft.27905/

Inserting stock photo - or what I have at this time as a start, and below are the current mods:

These will change lol:

On the Car:
80mm Norinco Butyl Mat - 30 sqft currently installed
Closed Cell Foam - 26 sqft currently installed
Long leaf covers in engine bay
HID's - 55w
RallyArt mud flaps
Rubber mats in all cubbies - black and red lol
AVS In Channel Vent Visors
Max Legal Llumar Ceramic Tint
Soundstream front tweeters - rear originals were destroyed when I removed the rear decking...
LED's interior lights and reverse lights
TypeR Shifter assembly
Window Welded motor mount
Solid bushings for shifter base - HomeDepot Mod;-)
KTuner v1.2 with TSP STG1
And various other little things
Eibach Si ProKit:)
Boomba Weighted Shift Knob in Black!
Husky Floor Mats
Acuity Shifter Cable Bushings
Removed Resonator
PRL Stage 1 intake with Heavily modified stock Airbox
Eibach Pro-Kit
Godspeed Rear Camber Arms

Sitting on the workbench or in the mail coming to me:
Remaining Butyl sound deadner and Remaining CCF
BBS RK in 18x7.5 - Getting Blasted and Powdercoated to Sell- Will sell on Ebay for 1200 starting price

Items I had on but removed for various reasons:
20mm Spacers x4 anodized black with 10.9 studs
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can - Sold
Gold Rota SDX 17x7.5 ET42 with 215/40/17 tires - Sold​
PRL Cobra Race Intake
Gloss Black Vinyl window surround
Hasport 62A mount
Red Injen CAI
Redline360 - Rev9 2.5" catless downpipe and front pipe
Stock Si Shift knob
450g neochrome shift knob - LOVE the weight but too hot in Florida - For Sale $20 shipped in US
Boomba Motor mount - I loved it and what it did for the car, my wife who rides often with me hated the
VMS "Fucking Fast" Shift knob in Red - For Sale $25 shipped in US.
MAPerformance Stainless Intake
Screen cover for stock stereo
Stock Si Wheels and Tires

Things to buy in near future:

Rear Solid swaybar and/or endlinks
Autocross/Roadrace rims and tires 220 treadwear, step down to 17"s etc.
Clutch
Stainless clutch line and do CDV delete while in there
Duckbill rear spoiler - would trade my rear trunk lid for another WOP sedan rear boot lid as I don't want to have to fill the holes...

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0161.JPG

View attachment 105578

View attachment 114899

View attachment 114900

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4296.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4297.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4300.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_4304.JPG

Current Configuration on the car will add in tomorrow lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0178.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0185.JPG

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:
OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well will start from the beginning and due to catchup will be somewhat less pic's than the feel of the build will have from purchase till now - but expect some in-depth build updates when i do things and eventually will establish a good youtube channel - I'm in last class for my MBA right now, work 50+ hours a week, commute 2+ hours a day and have 3 kids and a wife. Finishing the MBA will free up a little bit of time but am getting a Second Masters and finish it in Fall or Spring semester of next year so not too much lol. Once school is done will get some decent camera equipment and put time into a page, until then, pictures and occasional vid's to enjoy.

Did the TypeR Shifter lever and base swap last night as well as my 2nd oil change with Mobile 1 Syn and Mobile 1 Long life filter. At 15700 this morning and change roughly every 7500 miles. I did the "home depot or lowes" solid shifter base bushings as well and modified Caraddicts just a bit as I added an additional smaller washer to make sure it was tight and shored up. It is a change and is shorter but not what some people are saying as significant. I also threw some butyl deadner under the console as I had it handy, but there was factory deadener there and not alot exposed, when I remove the carpet, or flip it up to add the buytl and CCF I'll see if I can add more to the sides of the hump but a little can go a long way there.

Anyway, back to the beginning:

Goodbye Built 4Runner

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_9058.JPG

Hello Cash for the Sale and downpayment:

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_9072.JPG

Ordered and waited for the WOP!

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_9133.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3058.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Shopped around A LOT - had not had a Honda since my old 93 VX Hatch that I did a B16 swap in back in 98-2000, I may actually have a pic on here but if not can edit in later, I worked it over pretty good and until I had my 2002 Saleen Vert that I built the ever loving shit out of, my old B16 hatch was my fastest 1/4 mile car so it held that title for around 10 years. Anyway, I have never really been brand loyal but I always end up in a Mustang of some sort for racing, and with a Toyota 4x4 of some sort. Wife, kids, and job dictate I only have one vehicle so enter the requirements that led me to the Si over all others:

MPG
MPG
MPG
LSD
6 Speed
Autocross ability
Aftermarket support
Good cost and ability to deal it down.

The contenders were Focus ST, GTI, Elantra Sport, Accord Sport 9th and 10th gens, and the outside one was my buddies 335d that has everyting done but the deletes.

ST and GTI immediately were first considerations - but MPG killed them, and lack of LSD in the ST eliminated it and in all honesty - I had preordered one in 2012 and when the delayed delivery I ended up buying my last GTI a new MK6 which I sold pretty quickly. With that being said the ONLY 2 reasons I'm not driving a new MK7 GTI is MPG and Cost.

But I'm glad I picked up the car, so onto the build and some pictures to make this Army Proof:

Completely stock with the Youngest - well it has tint but I had that included in the deal - as for the deal, I worked USAA and got the truecar price to 22,800, then went to volume dealership with the emails, immediately they matched the deal at 22,800 but thought hey let me try for more, worked them to 21800 and then threw the REcent graduate 500 on top and worked the deal to 21,300, then prior to them putting taxes on it put 4k cash down. My note is under 300 a month and could not be happier. I pay less in payment, insurance and Gas than I paid just for in Gas on my old 4Runner:)

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_9155.JPG

2 very overpriced TypeR's back in November when I went back to dealership to get my tint job done

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_9148.JPG

Ecstatic
with the Gas mileage at 80 mph and why I ended up in this awesome little package!

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_9207.JPG

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The first "mod" lol - fishing pole holder in the rear, used alot actually:
Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_9225.JPG

Bone stock - 1200 miles time for a baseline track run:)

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_9381.JPG

Only 3 passes and wasn't pushing super hard as seriously was completely stock, didn't even air down! Best was 14.746 at 95.31

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_9421.JPG

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Due to work and all kinds of stuff, will be throwing more pic's than descriptions in today:)

1st week of ownership - avoiding a kid running into the road - the little angled up curb area on the side of the road:(

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_9469.JPG

Foam Cannon purchased:)
Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_9719.JPG

Painted brake calipers - brush on Duplicolor
Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_9761.JPG

Levitating and making the rally armour installs and cleaning/waxing the inside of the rims and cleaning brakes...
Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0527.JPG

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Way more to come - editing in items at this time on this one - Among other little things I did around Christmas I started with the sound deadening. I went with Killmat aka Norinco 80 mil Butyl and shot for 20-50% coverage depending on location. I will say I'm not done with this stage yet, I have easily another 25 sq feet left and I will be removing door panels again to do CCF that I have now, more on that later, and since requested I'll make sure I add the spray foam on this one as well:)

Before, during, after for trunk and a pic of the doors and maybe rear shelf if i'm feeling froggy, trunk lid as well, will be covering this with CCF for sure as well!

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0328.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0342.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0344.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0423.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0425.JPG

Broken rear tweeters from panel removal in the rear...
Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0428.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0563.JPG

Spray foam, this is the Loctite Window and Door expanding and contracting foam (it breathes and is a high density. It made a difference but not huge, at the same time I did this foam as a trial - it removes extremely easy btw just have to pull it out from the bottom with the fender liners removed. I think that adding the seam sealer I had left over to the bottom of my engine bay covers thickly made more of a difference than the spray foam, as such, will be trying some other items in the future, but this did have the below effects on the same stretch of highway...

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0839.JPG

85 before,
Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0829.JPG

and 81 immediately after - I mean the foam had not even expanded all the way yet... Both at 79 mph with cruise on - same stretch of highway... I was WAY in Upper 90's prior to the sound deadening on doors, trunk, and rear seat area with the Butyl BTW! 98 is what I read at 80mph, so from 98 to 81 the car is WAY nicer now - Remember I drive a Minimum of 120 miles a day M-F!

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0842.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
More random sound deadening Pic's - I am at work and have more at home but when home all I'm doing is my Captstone course for my MBA - Walk this Saturday! but don't finish the class till May 19th and is intense and also have my Masters of Science Information Technology Management I'm finishing up as well for the Fall 2 semester so have an IT Project Management course that is taking a bunch of time as well. Then throw on my 3 kids and work and I have no time lol.

Broken glass repair:

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0388.JPG

Gundo/S2K mod cuts - which I ended up not doing...

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0480.JPG

Fuckin' Fast knob - which I have off and a weighted knob on with the TypeR shifter setup - more on that later...

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0572.JPG

Boomba Mount installed

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0997.JPG

Final placement/fitment on the RA flaps - I lost 2 mpg with them in the first position as they stuck out too much.

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0549.JPG

Injen Intake installed

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0706.JPG

Car doing Work

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0721.JPG

Slips from Hot day at the track in Feb, with Intake and Mount -Both are removed now...

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0188.JPG

From the above slips - if you notice first time to track and second time to track in these slips getting more comfy with the car - little more consistency. I will say, I'm back to stock completely with a KTuner Baseline 19/21, Vit Stage1, and 19/23 setup I switch between and ALL of them are considerably faster than this 14.5 with MPH picking up a TON. Can't wait to hit the track soon! If I have the time will try to get 2 passes on each tune, but first will be the Vit Stage 1...

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0041.JPG

The old/leftover Seam sealer - From my BMW and 4Runner projects - that I lined the bottom of the leaf covers with - this helped ALOT on the resonance and added weight to the covers...

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0831.JPG

Wheel Spacers - 20mm all around - 10.9 studs and hub centric. I feel that the 20mm is slightly more aggressive than I wanted, but will lower it and see as think it will be perfect with them then, but 15 or 18 mm may have been what i wanted..

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_0989.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think this will be the last one - but the sound deadening alone will take up a full post lol, after these get edited in with pic's and changes will be good to go and start going from whatever that is:)

Adding window black chrome trim to make putting vinyl on all area's easier, and measurements pre Eibach install:)

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_2971.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_2970.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_2969.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_2968.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_2967.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_2215.JPG

Last edited:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Very interested in seeing what type of foam that you purchased and where you placed it.

Civzee

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Nice progress. Excited to see the outcome of this build. Do you have other mod plans for it?

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice progress. Excited to see the outcome of this build. Do you have other mod plans for it?
Haha I have a ton more updates to do to this! Yeah more planned but have been limited on time as on the road a lot for work, I will be editing in stuff again soon as should have more time in the evenings starting Monday! Then out of the country for a while so will be sporadic for a bit! Hoping for some track tune soon and look to be trying to work a Road Atlanta trip in the fall as well so will be tires/rims, brake lines, brake ducting, rear bar prior to that trip:)

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here are some after eibach install measurements, I have to update this more and some will be out of order as well chronologically as well:/ Oh also started playing with the vinyl:)

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3086.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3085.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3084.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3083.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3078.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3075.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3058.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3057.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3001.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_2988.JPG

OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also, the stock airbox modded - did back in March, KTuner tunerview and some pics of the downpipe wrapped (did frontpipe as well) and installed, as well as the hasport mount showing in one or two. Some random extra sound deadening I have done, and I will be removing the foam from the front fenders, I feel it has cut down on air escaping from under the hood, will look at boomat spray, or possibly lineX for the entire undercarriage;-)

Oh and the short lived front bra, had to try it during lovebug season here, as you can see if pics above have started playing with my gloss black vinyl up front now:)

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_1669.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_1671.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_1689.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_1693.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_1696.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_1252.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_1257.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_1261.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_1471.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_1535.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_1544.JPG

View attachment 105543

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
bahndrvr

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Way more to come to get it caught up, here are some more randoms, including patching the CV boot on passenger side I punctured, used goop (aka shoe goo) and DEI tape, also have the MAPerformance intake enroute now as well:) Will use without the ducting that I applied to the stock intake that I modified at first, bu will probably put it back in after some temperature readings, and considering heavily adding some vent's to the top of the hood if can get color matched - would be scary to cut my stock hood though!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, that's my middle child - 15 at the time learning to drive a manual, she did fucking amazing and made me realize how badly I need to do the CDV delete lol;)

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_1528.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_1555.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_1907.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3135.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3130.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3129.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3128.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bahndrvr's WOP Si FC1 Build IMG_3124.JPG

Last edited: