2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures)

OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Hey I'm considering buying the OPT7 for my FOG LIGHTS. Did you consider getting them too for your fog lights and if so, what made you opt out and get the other ones?
i've tried three other different headlights already. I think OPT7 is a good brand in term of price and the brightness of the light bulbs. and yes, I will consider upgrade my light again in the future.
Sponsored

OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
You sure that's the right link for the headlights? When I enter in the vehicle info (2016 Honda Civic) I get a warning that those lights do not fit.
It says that on me too, but don't worry. it's because Amazon can't tell if it's okay or not. that is the one i bought and it works perfect (there's a customer who bought the light for his civic and left a picture review. you can check it up)

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Thanks for the info. I will be buying them in the future .

ChessBoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed manual
Country flag
Ordered the LEDs and installed them. Very easy (10 minutes max) with no removal of anything other than the light bulbs themselves. If I had to do it again it'd take me probably 2 minutes max. The kit includes the two lights + a wire connector that joins the lights to the car's socket, and two optional attachments/wires, one which I needed (reverses the polarity) and one which I didn't (a capacitor of some type). Apologies for the poor explanation haha.

This is for my 2016 LX by the way. Perhaps the optional attachments aren't needed on the higher trims?

One question, especially if you needed that extra polarity-switching wire, how are you collecting all the extra wires down in there? Just letting them hang loosely? I used a twisty to kinda bunch them together so they're sorta 'floating'.

OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Ordered the LEDs and installed them. Very easy (10 minutes max) with no removal of anything other than the light bulbs themselves. If I had to do it again it'd take me probably 2 minutes max. The kit includes the two lights + a wire connector that joins the lights to the car's socket, and two optional attachments/wires, one which I needed (reverses the polarity) and one which I didn't (a capacitor of some type). Apologies for the poor explanation haha.

This is for my 2016 LX by the way. Perhaps the optional attachments aren't needed on the higher trims?

One question, especially if you needed that extra polarity-switching wire, how are you collecting all the extra wires down in there? Just letting them hang loosely? I used a twisty to kinda bunch them together so they're sorta 'floating'.
Zip tie is the way to go :) I used them to organize mine and after all it look pretty good. And congrats on your new lights.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T

White Touring

NA Touring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 HONDA CIVIC TOURING 1.5L TURBO
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good man i decided to go with an ice blue color

johndubu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOP 2016 EX-T
Looks great! Do you notice any/too much glaring? I've heard complaints that certain swaps would be blinding to oncoming traffic, I guess due to "too much" lateral spread from the bulb/housing combo. Otherwise, I'd love to install these!

OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Looks great! Do you notice any/too much glaring? I've heard complaints that certain swaps would be blinding to oncoming traffic, I guess due to "too much" lateral spread from the bulb/housing combo. Otherwise, I'd love to install these!
i was able to bend down to take some low angle pictures without blinding my eyes, so not too bad. The headlight points relatively low so don't have to worry about blind other people on the road. So far my experience with these OPT7 lights are 9/10 (still want to get brighter...haha) :)

johndubu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOP 2016 EX-T
Cool, thanks! Just ordered a pair haha. Yeah, I saw another civicx owner had installed the same ones a month or two ago and seemed pretty satisfied too.
Sponsored