my lighted door sills

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
The kit I got does not have any connector at all, just open wire. Any suggestions on how to connect the wires to the pins securely or where to find a harness connector that fits the 5 pin plug?
Bypass the pins and connect the wires on the other side of the pins to you're wires?
Sponsored

gliu555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe touring
Bypass the pins and connect the wires on the other side of the pins to you're wires?
Yeah .. I am thinking the same thing and may have to cut off the plug as it's a tiny space to work with .. not so easy to see the other side of the pins.

sovy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS 2017
I really need these scuff plates - the aliexpress link is not working, please can someone provide an update on where to find it (with international shipping) ?
thanks.

gliu555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe touring
I really need these scuff plates - the aliexpress link is not working, please can someone provide an update on where to find it (with international shipping) ?
thanks.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...32766684443.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.9sH7u1

This is what i bought .. shipping only took a week. Beware it came with open wire and I ended up cutting off the harness and spliced the wires .. very easy to identify the two wires though as they are bigger gauge. Worked perfectly for me.

sovy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS 2017

enishi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sedan ext
Country flag
Just to add to this, the smaller ground (purple in my case) between the hot and the bigger ground wire in the top row consist of three wires will react to the door button or whatever it is called, not the bigger gray ground on the opposite side from the red/pinkish hot wire in the same row. The gray ground is a bigger normal ground (same as the hot wire) which makes the led turn on even while it is driving or door close (but it will turn off when locked).

Edit: make sure the hot wires has a fuse. either add a fuse holder or tap into the fuse box with add a fuse. suggested 2a but I used 10a

Last edited:

pqt2016civic

First Name
Quang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Bought the OLIKE from Amazon. The harness come with 6-pin connector that plug direct into the factory one show in my other thread here
Installation is real easy, just take your time to route and hide the wires. Took me less than an hour from start to clean up.

Honda Civic 10th gen my lighted door sills Sill_LF

Honda Civic 10th gen my lighted door sills Sill_LR

Honda Civic 10th gen my lighted door sills Sill_RF

Honda Civic 10th gen my lighted door sills Sill_RR

Ratskrad

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2018 Si
Country flag

Ratskrad

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2018 Si
Country flag
Finally got mine installed. I modified the standard harness (08E12-TBA-1000-30) so as to reduce splicing on the car itself.

I also made notes on the harness wiring if anyone is crazy enough like me to try this. Not sure what the second purple wire or the gray is for (maybe foot well lighting?).

Honda Civic 10th gen my lighted door sills OriginalHarness

Honda Civic 10th gen my lighted door sills Modified_Harness

Honda Civic 10th gen my lighted door sills SchematicUpdated

Attachments

Last edited: