Trying to break into my car, maybe potential easy access into our car?

Garagegoblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Country flag
I am looking for opinions and thoughts. I am thinking this may have been an attempted break-in of my vehicle? But it looks melted more then pried open. Frustrating to say the least. My only other thought, is my tint guy did it, but that was almost 4 months ago, and I am sure I would have noticed it sooner than now. Also looking at this piece which is the back corner of the back seat window, could this be an easy access into the car? Obviously I don't yet know what is behind this, but there is a plastic matching piece on the inside, which means with a little effort of breaking a couple plastic pieces it could be easily reached to open the door from the outside. This has me slightly concerned, but I will know more when I replace that piece I guess. Anyhow, let me know your thoughts/opinions, thanks.

Honda Civic 10th gen Trying to break into my car, maybe potential easy access into our car? IMG_0719
Sponsored

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Odd. Not sure why the tint guy would have been there. Nor how that would help a break in. Wonder if somebody with a lifted truck opened a door into your car or something similar?

OP
OP
Garagegoblin

Garagegoblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Country flag
yea I am not sure what is exactly behind there or if the person even knew. There is a second smaller mark lower down, I am almost sold someone tried to break in that way, though I am still not sure if they could have or not. Once I get to the dealer to get a new part, I will take more photos and provide details about the setup and see if there is any way in doing it. I am very doubtful my tint guy did it, I know him personally at this point and I am sure I would have noticed it sooner, since I put my daughter in and out everyday through that door.

OP
OP
Garagegoblin

Garagegoblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Country flag
Awesome find!! I wasn't sure what to search for there. Thanks friend!

OP
OP
Garagegoblin

Garagegoblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Country flag
I can't figure out is the Right and Left if I was facing the car or if I was driving the car? Both images for right and left are the same.

OP
OP
Garagegoblin

Garagegoblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Country flag
I ended up ordering from the local dealer since the shipping cost made it more expensive than the savings. Though I will be looking to use that site for a few other purchases that I wanted like the light up floor panels.

biffosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion Sport, 98 Civic Dx (turbo/Blown), 98 Civic Ex (Blown), 87 CRX HF, 94 F150 302
Yeah that's most likely from an attempted break in, I've had that happen on my 98 civic twice lol

sometimestwice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Then they cut themselves a lot to get inside and see the radio thats integrated into the dash and no keyhole and go "oh crap."
Sponsored