Any info on pricing?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Read the car and driver article on the new coupe. It mentions weight savings over the previous coupe (which was lighter than the outgoing sedan and therefore lighter than the current sedan) and also mentions trim scheme. Which goes LX, LX-P, EXT, EXL and Touring. It'll be interesting to see what this LX-P trim lacks from the EX trim on the sedan.

As usual, the Motortrend article on the coupe has very very conservative 0-60 times, with Car and Driver noting times more closely to what we've actually seen the car doing in sedan guise. Not sure what Motortrend is doing different to get such high numbers.

Coupes have stiffer suspension and damper bits making it more taught and sporty feeling than the sedan, no word on pricing, but i assume it'll remain close to if not just slightly under the pricing of the sedan based on previous generations where the coupe ticked in just under the sedan. The new trim scheme will be interesting to see how it changes the price breakdown.

Last edited:

Owen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe
Is there an official date for the release? Or just vague March?

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there an official date for the release? Or just vague March?
Pretty much all publications are saying "mid march" as a release, so assume 2nd-3rd week of march. But it probably won't be until April until we see any kind of saturation on dealer lots, just like with the sedan being hard to find the first couple weeks it was available.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hope motor trend is wrong how can the sedan be faster?
Given the weight savings from the sedan i seriously doubt it, Motortrends 0-60 times on the new civic turbo have been way off so far, so i take what they estimate with a grain of salt. However, i have heard on previous gens of the sedan being faster than the coupe, but only by about .1-.2 seconds. nothing noticeable in daily driving, maybe because the sedan is heavier it suffers from less wheel spin off the line.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
The coupe is also rated at 31 City/ 41 Hwy for both engines with the CVT so it technically does worse than the Sedan. Real world numbers however, probably negligible. Paddle shift might be available on Canadian models too.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

A great video from the press launch with great info on the coupe! A bit odd they didn't just make the LX into an LXS trim instead of creating the new LXP, but whatever.

LX comes standard with 16" alloy wheels (from the EX trim)

LX-P adds the moon roof, smart key entry but lacks the 7 inch touch screen from the EX model

EX-T comes with the Sedan Touring 450-watt 10 speaker audio system!!!! (wooooo!)

EXL and Touring model features remain the same for the coupe compared to the sedan (expect for the larger audio system on the EXL).

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like it! Way better looking than the accord coupe. Love those tail lights! And the fact that the 450w sound system is more widely available is awesome! This sound system is amazing.

One gripe with it though, what the hell were they thinking with the rear bumper design? Looks incredibly tacky, why didn't they just leave the clean rear bumper from the sedan?
Sponsored

Last edited: