Some Rallye Red sedan with base audio/screen + manual

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
Even that base looks great to me. Maybe esp. in red! And it's the only way to get the manual outside of the Si, at least for now.

Any comments on the rear visibility?

Viet_Racer

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic EM1
Country flag
Center dash looks worse with that small screen and all the buttons next to it. Love the smooth high tech look of the 7" screen. Love seeing a manual tho!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic EX
Country flag
The wheel hub cap design is actually pretty nice. But they look so tiny on the car. The back wheel looks like 13" wheels in the shadow like that!

DrivenSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Fit
It doesn't seem like much to ask for... There are still plenty of people who use CDs. I have tons and although I don't always use my CD player, I certainly encounter times when I do.

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
It doesn't seem like much to ask for... There are still plenty of people who use CDs. I have tons and although I don't always use my CD player, I certainly encounter times when I do.
The reality is the amount percentage wise of users of CD's is minuscule in the population so therefore an auto maker will not put tech in a car that is basically extinct. I'm 39 years old and in my three years with my current Cruze I have not used the CD player once. It's also like my navigation use my phone more often than not. So with CarPlay and android. Auto in car navigation systems will be gone within 5 years as well

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
The reality is the amount percentage wise of users of CD's is minuscule in the population so therefore an auto maker will not put tech in a car that is basically extinct. I'm 39 years old and in my three years with my current Cruze I have not used the CD player once. It's also like my navigation use my phone more often than not. So with CarPlay and android. Auto in car navigation systems will be gone within 5 years as well
Wouldn't count on the nav systems going away, it's a nice up-charge for a lot of automakers.

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
They will go away. When people have the services I cited they will not opt for the nav so they will be obsolete like CD players. The up charge means nothing when no one will opt to buy it

kidboise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord, 1972 Z600
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, CDs are done for. If you don't have a phone with good storage, buy a used ipod for $30 and put all of your CDs on it. Also, phone nav with car integration will certainly kill built-in nav systems. Redundancy like this has a very short life span, and nav in phones is the clear winner.

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
Thank you. It's logical progression of the technology. The need for updates on smartphones is non existent as the apps update constantly. The maps are better and faster. The integration now with CarPlay and android auto will easily mark the death bell for in car navi

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
I was a bit worried about the lack of CD player at first as well, but I'm coming to terms with it. I've started hooking up my old iPod Shuffle in my current car. It's a bit tacked-on with the auxiliary cable hanging there, and it's inconvenient when it dies, but the new ones will be all integrated of course and also charge the device as well. I plan to do as suggested above and just buy a newer used iPod for cheap. Obviously I'm already well behind the times, so I don't mind small nudges forward. :yes: I'm also learning how to use emoticons...

The fact is a CD player adds weight and cost. I'm happy with any removed weight and that the cost can go into something else instead.

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
Agreed. Weight goes down with no CD player no navigation and less things that can break as well.
Sponsored